Postings by Gamma

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings
Gamma

Waitin' at the- Rainbow Bridge

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 11:55am PST 
Thank you so much, it means more to me than I can say. Fly free my sweet Monster.
[notify]
» There has since been 58 posts. Last posting by Walker , Oct 21 2:04 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Euthanasia Difficulties - Please Explain
Gamma

Barked: Thu Sep 12, '13 11:51am PST 
I can only imagine how terrible that would be. I am so sorry for your loss, its never easy. =(
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gamma, Sep 12 11:51 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Cremation ashes, 1 year later

Gamma

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 2:00pm PST 
I didn't get Gammas body back and it has always upset me that I was denied that. I feel like I would have kept his ashes instead of scattering or burying them. I still have his tags though and I keep them on my keychain and his collar and favorite ball in a drawer in the living room. I feel like maybe its time to let him go and bury his collar and ball but I wouldn't even know where to bury them.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maggie (I'm Moms Angel Now), Aug 27 8:41 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > if you would like wings

Gamma

Barked: Sun Aug 25, '13 1:47pm PST 
I would like Gamma to get his wings if you could. little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Walker , Oct 21 2:04 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Grieving

Gamma

Barked: Sun May 19, '13 7:53pm PST 
Fly free sweet Oreo. You'll meet again at the rainbow bridge.

little angel

Cleo, you made me cry. cry

rainbow
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gamma, May 19 7:53 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Ever "misjudged" a breed?
Gamma

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 8:15am PST 
I've always loved the look of a nice lean pit bull but never ever wanted to go up to one or ever think about getting one, too powerful and big for me to handle. Then one day I saw this little brown/black puppy running down the street that I had to at least help this guy get off the road. I finally caught up to him and realized he was a pit mix. I was unsure about it, but the little guy ran straight up to me and into my arms, covered in fleas ticks and all manners of yuck and I knew I had to at least (seeing a pattern?) get him cleaned up and find his home or even a new one. Well true to my nature I bonded with the little (pure white!) puppy and named him Gamma and sure enough this guy taught me that pits and pit mixes are yes a powerful breed but they are also gentle and loving with their owners and very eager to learn and please. I misjudged the bully breeds, not in the usual sense of "mean angry animals" but in a "hard to handle stupid powerful breed" I'll never find another quite like my Gamma but I'll get another Pit someday, when I'm ready for a new puppy.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by ~Emma~ RL1, May 23 10:58 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My little guy died last night

Gamma

Barked: Thu May 9, '13 9:11pm PST 
oh my, I am so sorry, Its hard to lose one so unexpectedly. Dogspeed Ani. You'll see him once again at the Rainbow Bridge. until then I've been doing this ceremony since I lost mine. I found some comfort in it. I'll add little Ani to my prayers. http://www.mondaycandleceremony.com/
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gamma, May 9 9:11 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bye bye my buddy boy

Gamma

Barked: Sat Apr 13, '13 5:22pm PST 
I was told that he was deemed "dangerous to the public" after snapping at a animal control officer. and ive seen the way they handle the dogs in their care, i would have snapped too. pit bulls are legal, but frowned upon. a lab or poodle in the same situation would have been given the 3 day stray holding but a pit? oh no heaven forbid it gets back to its owner and home to play with the next door kids and pack-mates. yes, he had on his tags and i was notified after the fact that he was found and then "humanely put down for his fear and aggression" and the woman said "in my opinion he wouldnt have been a good pet anyway, i would always be watching my back" like they knew anything about him goofy? yes, dumb? maybe a little, mean? only when his pack was threatened and never to me or anyone he knew. I got his tags back, but not his body. no they probably just threw him away. I've tried to raise hell, ive learned im not the first its happened to and lost the battle. honestly its not worth the fight, i cant get him back so its no use.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by River, Apr 20 6:18 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Bye bye my buddy boy

Gamma

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 3:49pm PST 
Even though he was with me for just over a year I still can't believe my boy is gone. Picked up off the street after getting out and put to sleep at the local shelter for "fear and slight aggression" before they even called me. I'm sorry Buddy. I shouldn't have let you down. I'll see your smile again someday.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by River, Apr 20 6:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Martingale, Choke Chain or Prong?
Gamma

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 9:26pm PST 
it must be the way i was raised then. i got spanked when i did wrong and i will spank my child when i finally choose to have one. i think i turned out better than most other the people in my generation (late 80's early 90's) my father taught me to think for myself and to not be reliant on other people. i am not overly harsh with my dogs but i dont coddle them and pretend they are never wrong. they do bad things yes, they get in trouble for it. i dont beat them but i do tell them "no" when they jump up on the counter. they are not my equals, they are dogs. they cant be equal to people, they are dogs. i dont treat them like babies and i dont treat them like kids, i treat them like a dog. they have rules, boundaries, and limitations. i dont ignore bad behavior, bad behavior needs to have a correction but i dont go over the top and take a whip to the dog. dogs need structure and rules just the same as people. i am part of my dogs pack and they respect and trust me as their leader. they are not allowed in my work room, they get in trouble if they go into my work room and get told to go to their bed. its not being a bad pet parent, my dogs are some of the best behaved ive met. they walk on loose leash and off leash very well, they dont crowd the door or bark excessively when someone comes over, they dont jump up on people or beg for food or attention, and they dont get into fights with other dogs at the dog park. hell my dogs even have their Canine Good Citizen title and if thats not a good enough measure for well behaved dogs idk what is. so as the saying goes "There’s more than one way to skin a cat."
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Sep 25 3:22 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.