Postings by Maverick- SD

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Light Weight Mobility Harness
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 2:46pm PST 
Though the price is right for the bridgeport harness, I don't reccommend it. I have one on Maverick and I'm currently saving for a bold lead harness. It's too heavy and Maverick dislikes wearing it. I try not to use it anymore than I have to, opting instead for my walker some days until I can get a new harness.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 4 1:02 pm

Dog Health > Hannah the Wobbly Puppy
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 12:44am PST 
There are two things you described that struck me right away. There is a human condition with those symptoms that has also been seen in dogs and cats. It is a faulty collagen that causes joints and skin to be too stretchy. I know this because I have this disease. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome can be mild to severe and is characterized by the symptoms you describe. Don't count on your vet being able to diagnose it but do ask your vet to look into it. PM me if you have more questions.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Maverick- SD, Sep 12 12:44 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > A Long Journey Ahead

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 12:20am PST 
I just moved from Texas to California about 3 months ago and it really was a journey. Six cats and two large dogs in a Trailblazer for a few days is tiring, especially in the middle of summer. We at least had a pro mover too. Make sure you get plenty of rest and stay safe.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Sep 12 5:48 am

Raw Food Diet > Prey-Model Raw Diet

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 11:56pm PST 
It's easy to get overwhelmed, but try not to overthink it. Eyeball it and supplement with fish oil to balance out the omega 3s. I have found Raw Chat and Raw Feeding groups on Facebook to be very helpful. Also, keep n mind that you balance over time. You don't eat a perfectly balaced meal everytime do you? Just look at your dog's det as a whole and look to your do to jude the effectivness of the diet. Does yur do have good energy/weight/teeth/etc?
I am still new to raw so more experienced raw feeders welcome.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Winston-dog, Sep 12 1:59 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Thoughts on Rescue Greyhound for Service Dog?

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 1:41pm PST 
Sight hounds are actually some of my fave breeds (I would give an arm and a leg for a Borzoi), Their temperament and trainability can be more difficult for the average dog owner. They are fantastic dogs but generally high prey drive, emotional sensitivity, and independent nature are counterproductive to SD. I'm absolutely not advocating against sight hounds for SD but, as a general rule, they are less suited to SD work than other working breeds.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Polly, Sep 19 7:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Thoughts on Rescue Greyhound for Service Dog?
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 11:29am PST 
Way to go on doing your homework! While I wouldn't usually reccommend a sight hound for SD Jake doesn't seem a typical greyhound. He is worth looking into further. On an off topic note, I'd like you to message me because I wanted to talk to you about your condition. If you don't have all the answers you're looking for about it I may be able to steer you in the right direction.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Polly, Sep 19 7:58 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > What to do in the winter?

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Sun Aug 26, '12 4:18pm PST 
Depending on the climate, you won't have to do much for a husky. Boots to protect her feet from salt or other de-icing chemicals. Huskies come with their own fur coat. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Abrams Tank SDiT, Aug 26 8:05 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Mobility Support Harness

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Thu Aug 23, '12 12:06am PST 
Definitely stay away from Bridgeport. Maverick is becoming harness shy because of that but I would like to get a Bold Lead Designs. Do you need a rigid harness or can you use a soft harness?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Happy, Aug 23 7:26 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > 'Proof of CURRENT training required' for discounted pet license?

Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 11:59pm PST 
In my county they require a note or prescription from your doctor saying you require a SD.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Nare, Aug 27 4:35 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Airline and your service dog experiances
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 11:48pm PST 
I have flown with Maverick on American and had a really good experience regarding SD stuff. They were very accommodating and friendly. You'll want the bulkhead seating because of legroom.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Aug 23 11:41 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.