GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Siberian Husky > Husky in heat and housebreaking issues continue..
Roxy

Reaaadddyy..seee- ttt.. G---OH A- BIRD!!!

Barked: Tue Nov 27, '12 7:58pm PST 
Im planning on getting her spayed in the next couple of months. Since we have moved out of our apartment and into my parents for a few months she has been sooooo much better. She goes to the back door when she needs to go and does her little bark/growl, this is a huuuuuge deal because she wouldn't communicate at all really if she needed to go. She hasn't had an accident in a little over a month now. She jumps up and down when I shout "lets go outside" or if i say "wanna go out?!" and her ears perk up and she bolts to the door. She has her morning routine and has memorized it, out the crate and straight to the door, she sits and waits patiently. Im keeping my fingers crossed that she continues to improve, not going to lie I was losing hope but i think staying with my parents especially in a house, has really helped her a lot
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 27 7:58 pm

Puppy Place > Spaying and the cost rant!!
Roxy

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 8:20pm PST 
I got my Jack Russel neutered for about 100.00 at the SPCA a few years ago. My family vet charges 150.00. Banfield and quite a few clinics I called around the North Texas area charged 400+. The price difference is def amazing. Just have to call around and research clinics.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 7:20 am

Siberian Husky > husky/shiba inu

Roxy

Barked: Tue Oct 30, '12 10:22am PST 
Thanks! She is honestly the PERFECT size for me. Im a small girl and I like the fact that she isn't big like Warrior otherwise she would be dragging me all over the place.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 6 10:35 pm

Siberian Husky > husky/shiba inu

Roxy

Barked: Sun Oct 28, '12 12:12pm PST 
Took Roxy on Friday to see our family vet that she will continue to see since i officially hate banfield these days. We of course talked about her size and he said there is no doubt she is a mix. Although daddy was a purebred w/ papers, we never saw momma and im pretty sure 1. she's a mix and 2. she was petite. He suggested that she was def mostly husky but looked to have Shiba in her. He also suggested maybe even Basenji. Any other suggestion of what she may be mixed with?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 6 10:35 pm

Shiba Inu > Husky/Shiba Inu

Roxy

Barked: Fri Oct 26, '12 6:44pm PST 
So I took Roxy to the vet today for a check up and get her shots. Right when he saw her he mentioned that she is the first Husky he has ever seen her size, which many suggest she is to small to be a pure sibe husky. He suggested that she may be mixed with a Shiba Inu, which some people at the dog parks have also mentioned it but I never really looked much into it. Her dad is a pure Husky with papers but I know her mom didn't have papers and it was a "friend's" Husky so I never saw her. My guess is that the momma was def. smaller and was a mix of something. Roxy weighs about 35-37 pounds and every Husky i see is way bigger than her. Vet doesn't think she will get much bigger. I was thinking of doing one of those DNA tests to see what would come back but im not sure how accurate those really are. Do you see a resemblance in her of both breeds? Any suggestions of maybe what else you may see that she may be mixed with?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 9:20 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > How many dogs is too many?
Roxy

Barked: Thu Oct 25, '12 6:57am PST 
Fox. Reread my post and think before responding next time. No where did I say I was posting to see if people thought it was a great idea and base my decision off of that. I mentioned thoughts about having a third dog and also questioned which other breeds would be compatable with mine. Your post doesn't fit in this thread seeing that all you did was criticize me about something you misunderstood. I never put anyone down or argued with anyones opinions or advice. I did however clear up the fact that I wouldn't actually just spring up another dog without my boyfriend's knowledge. A lot of people have posted great things such as fostering which i havent spent much time condidering. I'm asking further opinions as people close to me and such have a 2 pet rule and go cross eyed at the thought of having 3 dogs I wanted an outside opinions especially from people who may be use to having more than 2 pets. I also questioned advice or suggestions of which breeds may be suitable since I'm obviously researching that as well.

Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 6:49 am

Roxy

Barked: Sat Oct 20, '12 12:13pm PST 
I wouldn't actually get another dog without telling him, i was kidding about the surprise thing, I should have elaborated, that's my bad. Whether I get another pup with him or without, it would only happen if we agreed on getting him/her and agreed on the breed. I am aware of medical bills and care for my pets as this is not the first time I have had dogs. I've had more then 2 dogs before so I understand the responsibility of taking care of my pets, this isn't new for me. As for financials, that is personal, but yes I am financially able and have the means in case of an emergency. The main reason I was asking about how many dogs is too many is because some people have recently voiced to me that "you shouldn't have more than 2" and that adding another is to much responsibility and a stupid decision. Im just use to a big dog family i guess idk lol. I see it as normal, some see it as irresponsible.

I do understand and I am able to care for another addition. Please understand I would never bring a dog or any other pet for that matter into my life if I could not care for their health and well being. Im old enough to know better.

We did talk this morning and he said as long as we have the space and means then he is open to it. As for training and giving them the time they need, that is not a concern for me, I've done that and do it now everyday. We are an active couple, we go on walks, runs, and bring them to the park constantly as long as the weather permits. But PLEASE know, I would have never posted this thread if I couldn't invest my time or afford another pup financially.

Thanks for the responses!
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 6:49 am

Roxy

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 11:10pm PST 
See, and im use to having a big pet family. Mark feels 2 is enough but he is easy to convince lol. Im sure when we get a bigger place he may be more open to bringing in another pup. Then it will be deciding if we want a different breed or another Husky.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 6:49 am

Roxy

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 10:04pm PST 
Me and my boyfriend have Roxy(Sibe. Husky) and Warrior (GSD). Warrior is a year old and Roxy is going on 10 months old. I joke with my BF all the time about getting another pup, but deep down im not joking! Is 3 dogs too many? I mean when I lived with my parents we had 3 dogs but they were all small: yorkie, teacup poodle(r.i.p), and a JRT..plus a cat. We are about to move out of our apartment and we are looking to rent a house we NEED a backyard, it's a must and they need space. I figured once we get settled in to a house then I can add to the family....maaaybe surprise daddy? =D If/when that time comes (within a year or a little more) Im just debating if I want a small dog or not because i have 1 large and 1 medium dog, I wouldn't want the little rascal getting trampled on. Another husky would be AMAZING, but I am researching other breeds that would work with our GSD/HUSKY family. Maybe im crazy for wanting another pup? The BF thinks 3 would be to hard to handle, but that's what I am honestly use to. If we do decide on adding to our 4 legged family I would like to adopt. Just planning ahead =)
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by , Nov 12 6:49 am

Behavior & Training > Others (trainers) correcting your dog?
Roxy

Barked: Fri Oct 19, '12 9:39pm PST 
I actually went to a trainer when I was having trouble with my JRT. He went off for 2 weeks for "k9 boot camp". Before they brought him out I took a small class on how to train my dog and be the ALPHA over him, he's my territory im not his, this guy had big ego issues. He brought Jax out and told me to try some commands and just do what I usually do so he can eval' me. I was pretty much asking a question when I would command it to do something so I was actually taught how to use/project my voice, he pointed out some flaws in my training that I had never noticed before.

What I don't like is when we goto the park and another dog owner tells me what I SHOULD be doing because they are a trainer and no better than I do. pfft!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Oct 24 8:38 am

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.