Postings by Tango

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Larry the Cable Guy treats

Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 10:01am PST 
Someone recently gave me a bag of the Larry the Cable guy treats, and someone said that they were supposed to be pretty decent. However, as I was reading the ingredients and other information on the packaging, I couldn't find anything that specifically says Made in the USA. It does say that they are made at Tuffy's Pet food plant which is in the US, but I couldn't find any information online about these treats and where they are made and where the ingredients come from. Does anyone know that information or have a link to that information? Thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 9:50 am

Food & Nutrition > Lamb-free red meat kibble?
Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 7:37pm PST 
Does anyone know of a good quality, grain-free red meat kibble that does not contain lamb? I would like to include a red meat formula in my rotation, but my new dog can't have lamb.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Dunkin, Feb 6 6:02 pm

Sports & Agility > Unusual agility breeds?

Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Sun Jul 1, '12 1:06pm PST 
I have seen a lady with some shar pei that do pretty well. She has been to the AKC invitational with here dogs several times. I have also seen some good lowchen and coton de tular.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Remmy, Aug 3 4:30 pm

Dog Health > Puppies present? Yes or no.

Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Thu Jun 28, '12 1:56pm PST 
If a pregnant female is x-rayed and no pups can be seen in the x-ray, is it more likely that the puppies were resorbed or the puppies are there but just not visible on the x-ray? I have heard that both are possible. Has anyone had any experience with this?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 28 2:43 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Thoughts on Mini-Aussies

Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Fri Jun 15, '12 8:46pm PST 
It's my understanding that a lot of the objections to the mini-aussie/North American Shepherd are that they have not maintained the breed standard in the smaller sizes. Supposedly the heads of the mini's do not have the same shape as the regulular aussies, and there are other proportions that changed as the dogs were bred smaller. At least some the the characteristics that were lost have a function in the working aussie, and are not just for "beauty.". The regular aussie people feel that there are enough physical differences in the minis that they are not true aussies. This comes from the ASCA folks. I don't know about the AKC stance. I have seen a few minis in agility and they were nice dogs. My main concern with any breeding of smaller versions of established breeds is that it is done as more of a novelty rather than a serious attempt to create a quality dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Gunner, Jun 25 9:17 am

Shetland Sheepdog > How did you come up with your Sheltie's name?
Tango

Run Fast - Bark Loud

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 6:18pm PST 
I am a musician, and so far all of my shelties have had music names. I don't know what led me to the idea that I wanted my next dog to have a Latin dance name, but I registered my current sheltie as Plails Fascinating Rhythm and I call him Tango.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chula Wula D'Augue, Mar 13 12:05 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.