GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Dog Health > fleas? or allergies?
Zoey

oops theres a- wall there!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 6:42am PST 
ok, so recently zoey has been quite itchy and due to this her hair on the backside has gotten thinner. she has had fleas before and this hasn't happened, and we are treating her for fleas but we really don't see any on her. this started happening when we changed her food and I've read before that catahoulas have allergies to certain foods. so we have gone back to her original food, she's been back on it a couple of days now but no difference (I undersstand it won't happen over night) but I was wondering how you tell the difference. it would be one thing if I actually saw the fleas, but we might see one every once in a while. any ideas or help would be awesome!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 21 7:39 am

Behavior & Training > Small children and dogs unsupervised. Rant.
Zoey

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 8:28pm PST 
I have two dogs and I've watched both of them interact with my children (2 and 5) personally I would never leave my 2 year unsupervised but thats cause I don't trust her!! She'd have the house flipped over and something in her mouth. But that's not the point here laugh out loud Zoey gets along great with children, I would never leave her alone with a child though cause she does have her moments when she gets alittle too "playful" when they run back and forth, and Tinker is a quite old lady of a dog she's the calmest most loving dog ever and usually sleeps all day. But since she is so old her hips do hurt her and my 2 year old doesnt understand that she can't sit on the dog. So no.. wouldn't leave either of my dogs alone with a child. The most alone time they get together is when I run to the kitchen to grab something.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 8:48 pm

Behavior & Training > I'm a Bipolar Cat Hater

Zoey

Barked: Wed Oct 31, '12 8:32pm PST 
Okie dokie, so we've had Zoey since she was 8 weeks, and have had our male cat for a little over 2 years. Zoey is now 8 months, and she's always played a little "rough" with the cat, but no harm has ever been done. Her prey drive is really high (please correct me if I'm wrong) everytime the cat enters the room/walks by etc. zoey can be in a deep sleep and all of a sudden perk up, watch the cat, sometimes even jump off the couch and follow the cat, or just go right into play. So far they've gotten along... UNTIL the other day. Maybe it was a territoral thing(?) but I was laying on the couch and zoey was laying on top of me sleeping, when the cat jumped up onto the arm rest of the couch (his usual hangout) zoey opened her eyes and started growling (first time this has ever happened) cat jumps off the couch and zoey pursues, stare down in effect on both sides, then the cat punches zoey in the face and all hell breaks loose. If I hadn't grabbed zoeys collar I'm pretty sure it wouldve been quite ugly frown next night the same thing happened just on the bed this time. The cat has never stood up to zoey (giving her a good swipping or anything) maybe that's why zoey thinks its ok?? I've tried the leave it command, hasnt worked she just looks at me for a second then basicly says forget you.. Don't really know what to do, Zoey is in a crate whenever we leave the house or with us so nothing can happen when we arent' home, but I'm still very concerned. Any help would be great! Thank you all for your time!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 31 8:36 pm

Behavior & Training > When does the bratty teenager stage start?

Zoey

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:56pm PST 
Zoey is almost 8 months and has shown us some of her teenage nonsense. Like if shes on leash and doesnt like the direction your going she'll just plop down (seriously) and refuse to be moved...

I have had a pitmix (pit/lab) and he was awesome, we had a little cocker/begal mix too and they got along great. But once my pit/lab got around 2 he started getting aggressive with strangers. One time I was in the shower and my landlord opened the front door for some silly reason and he went after her. And he was an extremely well socialized dog. Always around people and my son. I think he was more bark than bite. And he only showed this behavior if he was "contained" like in the house or in the car. On leash on off he was everyones best friend. But I also have a friend that has a pure pitt, and that dog gets along with everyone and every dog. Has never had any issues, as long as he's not around cats haha. I think it has alot to do with their breeding
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Oct 26 8:58 am

Behavior & Training > My dachshund pees when new people/my roommate walk in the door?

Zoey

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:46pm PST 
my friend also has a doxie and he pees constatly when anyone walks in. His is out of excitment, which I didn't know when I walked in and just said "hello" to him and got pee all over my foot frown She says that when she gets home she's found that if you ignore the dog for a little bit til they "settle" down, then she talks and pets him, that he tends to not pee. But you've gotten lots of good input, hope you find something that works in your case!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 6:46 pm

Behavior & Training > How to introduce a puppy to an adult dog?
Zoey

Barked: Thu Oct 18, '12 6:40pm PST 
We have an older dog (12ish) that we took in as a stray about a year and a half ago. We have friends that come over with their dogs in the 5ish range and she absolutely loves them and constantly wanted to play/interact with them. So I figured hey let's get a puppy so that she can have a friend! yeah no... didn't work out, she wanted absolutly NOTHING to do with Zoey. Zoey is 7 months now and Tinker has just started letting her lay by her. We never had any altercations with them Tinker just would move to not be by Zoey. So with us I do believe it was a age thing, Tinker just perfers the older dogs, has no time for pups and their nonsense
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Oct 18 6:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Approach-First-Ask-Later(If Ever) People and Kids.

Zoey

Barked: Mon Oct 15, '12 11:48am PST 
Luckily this hasn't happened to us yet, thank goodness cause I don't know what Zoeys reaction would be, she is fearful of strangers outside the house, inside the house you can do whatever to her! haha. But I try to teach my kids not to pet a dog they don't know, due to the fact that they don't know if the dog likes them or how he'll react. Usually though I don't have this problem with my kids they do stay away from other dogs in public. I just never assume a dog is nice (but I'm not fearful either) We just always keep our distance. Unless they are talking to us, then we might ask to pet
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by , Oct 17 5:50 pm

Behavior & Training > Behavior during "Heat"

Zoey

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 12:59pm PST 
oh yes, thank you for responding! She has settled down a bit with the fearfulness and seems to be keeping nice and clean. We are planning on getting her spayed in the future, she's an inside dog never left outside so we are not in such a hurry to do it. She still isnt "palyful" or anything but I'm not expecting her to be.. again thank you for the advice
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 14 7:03 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > The PitBull Discussion

Zoey

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 8:11pm PST 
I don't believe in banning any of these dogs. But I prob am one of those people that will keep my child and dog back. I tell my children (they are young and have always been around dogs of all sizes and breeds including pitties) to not touch any dog that they don't know, no matter what the breed. I explain to them that they don't know the dog or know if the dog is going to be scared of them, doesn't like to be petted etc. I don't mention breeds to them. If I see you walking down the street with your pittbull I'm not going to run up to you and ask to pet him, it's not my dog.. But nor would I give ugly looks or anything haha. But when I was younger we had a boxer and would take her everywhere, she was the most mellow of dogs, took her to the lake and had people yelling at my parents that she was a vicious dog and that we needed to leave. Dispite her being on leash. People are going to think and feel how they do, I honestly don't think they will change their views no matter what you present them with. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by , Feb 13 8:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Behavior during "Heat"
Zoey

Barked: Sat Oct 13, '12 7:24pm PST 
Ok, I've never actually owned (in my adult life) a female dog let alone one in "heat". I've always had Male dogs. So Ms Zoey is expericing her first "heat" and I've noticed that shes been actting really weird. When I got up this morning she actted very fearful and I wasnt doing anything but walking around. She would dart under stuff, slink away, etc. Just not acting her usual happy go lucky self. Just wondering if it has anything to do with what she's going through right now? or what. Thank you for any input!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Oct 14 7:03 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.