Postings by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > So, what if a dog bite you?
LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:33pm PST 
I've always just stopped moving. Anything else I worry would aggravate the dog more. I haven't been bit in years, but the last time I clearly remember and when I took a step back realized the dog was scared and I had just grabbed him. Of course he was going to bite.

That video with CM though, the dogs body language was pretty obvious. I don't know if he was tired or just doesn't know better but ergh.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alva BH, Oct 3 11:26 am

Behavior & Training > Augh!! Jerks in Petsmart.
LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:30pm PST 
omd Rigby, I think we feel the same about walmart. I almost have panic attacks in that store. it sucks.

I can't understand why someone would step on your poor guy like that. just sick.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Augusta, CGC, RN, Oct 3 5:56 am

Behavior & Training > Trust Training

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:21pm PST 
those pictures were great! You look so happy!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Cider Doughnut Shenanigans, Oct 12 4:44 pm

Behavior & Training > find the kitty!

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 5:14pm PST 
Er...she's started to climb on things. Well, everything. Her motivation are the cats lol She opened up her crate one day, I came home and found them hiding on the fridge
laugh out loud

Anyway, she really loves her cats. I'm trying to get her to search out a particular cat (find BeBe). She started out just bumping her nose to him and some how it's evolved into grabbing and trying to drag him to me. eek

Silly dog. I've been redirecting because I really dont want her picking the cats up. Any other ideas? I had him in a crate but she just wanted to bark at me. I dont think she understood I still wanted her to find the cat.

Another thing I almost forgot about, she plays nice with other dogs now besides other gsds. She even ran across this tiny yorkie at the dog park and did a play bow, danced around each other and came back when I called. No pouncing or picking up. Any gsd though is like fair game to harass.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot, Oct 1 5:14 pm

Dogster Railroad > need transport from CALI to ILLINOIS please

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Thu Aug 9, '12 6:39pm PST 
that's perfect. I could pick up in Davenport no problem!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot, Aug 9 6:39 pm

Dogster Railroad > need transport from CALI to ILLINOIS please
LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Wed Aug 8, '12 9:42pm PST 
I'm in IL, could do the rest to Chicago from Iowa. if needed, not sure if the other dogster was wanting to go that far.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot, Aug 9 6:39 pm

Behavior & Training > I have a new family member...but he isn't canine >.

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 10:09pm PST 
kitten that young i would not allow free roam of the house, lock him in one room or make a play area he can't escape.

i say this because generally people will put the litterboxes in out of the way spots, and babies that young have a hard time getting to them in time and will pick out a different closer spot. plus you can baby proof the area easier. he will chew up claw up anything he can get to. so if you pick the bathroom as his safe spot, hide the tp!

generally they already know how to use a litterbox, it's very instinctive. if not, get a dog crate and chuck him in there. make it small enough that he must use the box.

you can train cats with treats and clickers and wands. it's pretty fun.happy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Kali, Oct 6 12:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Does diet affect temperament?

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Mon Jul 16, '12 8:16pm PST 
I just started watching a Stanford video on behavior and they mentioned diet having an effect. Granted, it's human behavior....it's on youtube if you want me to link it.

well i'll just link it, i might forget to come back bol

http://youtu.be/NNnIGh9g6fA
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nare, Jul 16 9:53 pm

Behavior & Training > pup and body language

LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Tue Jul 10, '12 7:50pm PST 
Enthusiastic is what we'll call it. She gets this "crazy" look and I'll just shove a toy in her mouth otherwise she just will want to bite and jump. lol

Smart girl though, having a blast training her. I was all about introducing her to new things when I first got her, it was so much fun seeing her expression. Yesterday I coaxed her into a kiddie pool (she's been in big pools but just panics even with people holding her) and she was loving it.

Right now she knows sit, down, up, over (like jump over my leg), twirl, paw (right) paw (left). Kinda getting recall. She can get iffy about distractions but it's getting better.

I'll just stick to the redirecting and targeting then. First puppy I've raised, been around adult gsds and have adult dogs all my life, just never a pup before lol
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot, Jul 10 7:50 pm

Behavior & Training > pup and body language
LuLu "Lupin"- Padfoot

Barked: Sat Jul 7, '12 6:24pm PST 
So with the older dogs (adults over 2) she plays with, when they've had enough and walk away she doesn't continue trying to wrestle.

But when it comes to other puppies, she will not stop. I have to keep her leashed and when I notice the other pup has had enough call her (and som etimes pull her away).

I don't get it. The puppies are being very obvious that they're done playing. Before I leashed her, one of the first play dates she had it turned into a real fight. I was watching them play, the other puppy got up to leave, kept turning away from her and backing away. I went to get my pup, but she launched herself on to the other puppy and started rough housing. This other puppy get snarly about it and they escalated. Bunch of noise and show, no injuries.

I don't like that, I felt awful it had even happened. I'm a firm believer you shouldn't allow anyone to harass an animal, be it human or another dog.

Some of the puppies are her littermates, others are ones we've met. The puppies are all the same age. Any idea what's going on? She comes at playing hard. She's very mouthy. getting better about it. I've been using targetting to get her to bump her nose instead of biting.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by LuLu "Lupin" Padfoot, Jul 10 7:50 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.