Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Service Dog for PTSD
Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 7:44pm PST 
Psychdog.org has been down for a while now. If you're looking for information post a new topic and we will assist you as best we can.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Bella, Jun 24 7:44 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > My GSD therapy dog was shot in his fenced yard by an officer
Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 9:52am PST 
The news articles say that the officer knocked on the door. Wouldn't you all have heard that and answered the door if he had??

These stories are sad and I hope Vinny recovers with no lasting ill effects from the incident. I also hope that your grandson is able to over come what happened.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Jun 29 9:28 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Reflective gear for your SDs

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 11:03pm PST 
I don't use reflective gear on Bella mostly because our night walks don't take us outside our apartment complex. However when we go to Disney I use NiteIze clip on lights on her harness. They've worked great for us and I've actually been quite impressed at how much it's helped people see her at night.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Jun 18 7:11 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Possible International Travel Next Year! Helpp!

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Wed Jun 12, '13 9:17pm PST 
Bella and I might be going to Australia next year but I'm having a hard time finding information on traveling there with a service dog. I know you all are great at tracking down information so I was wondering if you could help me get the information that I need to know.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by AILBE, Service Dog In Tng, Jun 22 5:09 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Those who use public transportation (or loud things)

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Mon May 20, '13 11:59am PST 
Charlie, if you want to condense a bit H204K9 makes dog water bottles that I use with Bella all the time. The lid is a built in dog bowl and I find that it works really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 20 2:45 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Could a service dog fit into my life?
Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sat May 18, '13 5:17pm PST 
I know Princess Shalimar said that your doctor has to be the one to say you can have a service dog but I think that to be pretty far from the truth. No it is not a decision to be made on your own but medical doctors may not think about what is right for their patient or know the full story. My GP doctor knows nothing of the psychological conditions that I have, and when I went to him about problems with sciatica he simply told me to stop working out and doing whatever I was doing to aggravate it. Which isn't much of a solution for a 19 year old who is active. I workout regularly including lifting weights, swimming and running, and while I still have issues with my sciatica I'm happier than I would be not being active. I've actually gotten to run 2 half marathons and a 10k because I listen to my body instead of that doctor. The decision for me to get an ESA and then work with her until she became a SD was made with the help of my psychologist, but again it was a decision that was made after talking with her about what is best for me, but it wasn't a decision which she made for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 20 3:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Can they do this?

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Thu May 16, '13 9:24am PST 
Yes Sadie. This is an old post bumped by the poster above you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 16 1:28 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Chaplin was just attacked by another dog need hugs support and recommendations

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sat May 11, '13 7:14pm PST 
I would contact animal control as well to report what happened. If the dog has shown aggression towards other dogs in the past the family needs to handle that but probably won't unless they have a legal reason to do so. Bella was attacked by another dog and we are still working through her aggression issues a little more than a year later. I would follow any advice that your trainer is giving you about reassuring Chaplin that dogs aren't all bad. Other than that? I would just say be patient with him.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Polly, Jun 9 12:30 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Choosing a dog to be a service dog

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 9:41pm PST 
My service dog is a rescue that came from a shelter but I whole heartedly believe that we were meant for each other but realize that this isn't the case for many people. If you're hoping to rescue I would contact local rescue groups in your area, they have a much better idea of temperament with the dogs that they have instead of a shelter. Once you pick a trainer I would have them help you test the dogs that you are looking at and do an evaluation with that dog before choosing. I've worked with a rescue group in the past when I fostered and they were incredible in helping place the dog because we were able to see how he behaved in a home environment and with other dogs before he was adopted.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 11 7:43 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > Gear question for the heat
Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 8:59pm PST 
I second what Bianca said. As for keeping hydrated Bella uses an H204K9 "K9 UNIT" water bottle which has a rubber cover that helps for insulation. It's already gotten fairly hot here (99 at 5pm today) and I've had great success with that bottle keeping water at the temp it was when you filled it/
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, May 19 8:13 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.