Postings by Noah

GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Ecollar training videos recommendations?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 1:57pm PST 
I would also recommend Michael Ellis' E-Collar DVDs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Nov 13 1:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Amazing Dog Tricks
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 1:56pm PST 
What a great video - I love the blowing bubbles trick!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 13 4:34 pm

Grooming > Thinking of becoming a Groomer

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 2:23pm PST 
If you're thinking of taking a job at Petco anyway, do that and skip paying ABC to certify you. Petco will start you as a bather and you'll receive paid training when it's time for you to start grooming. The only downside is that the quality of the training will really depend on your mentor. Some are great, some are just in it to make the extra money that mentoring brings. Once you're certified, you're required to stay at Petco for a year so they can recoup the cost of training you. It's a good way to get a feel for the business without investing any money.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Jul 22 2:23 pm

Behavior & Training > High Value Treats - What do you use?

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Jun 8, '14 3:00pm PST 
I make my own dehydrated treats with beef, chicken, whatever extra meat I happen to have on hand. Noah goes nuts for them!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nico, Jun 10 12:27 pm

Behavior & Training > Best Dog Training Methods?

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '14 5:07pm PST 
Whoops, double post.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Apr 28 5:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Best Dog Training Methods?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Wed Apr 23, '14 5:03pm PST 
I guess I would be closest to number three since I do a little bit of everything with Noah.

Tricks and agility are taught as positively as I can make it. Some people consider a No Reward Marker as not positive, but I do use it as neutrally as possible.

Obedience commands are taught positively and then proofed with a low-level remote collar. I don't want Noah to ever think he can just ignore a recall command.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Apr 28 5:18 pm

Behavior & Training > Former Dogster User MISSING IN LA

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Apr 17, '14 1:22pm PST 
I saw The Dog Snobs post this on their Facebook. I can't imagine what that family must be going through.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN, Apr 24 10:49 am

Dog Health > Occasional limp

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Apr 15, '14 5:34pm PST 
Just thought I would post a quick update. Took Noah in to the vet today and he suspects a partial tear to the ACL. We're going to try 4 weeks of cold laser therapy and "rest, rest, rest, big bolded underlined REST." Which means Noah's upcoming agility trial is out, along with his agility class, daily runs and pretty much anything that doesn't involve pooping. I am not looking forward to this.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Apr 16 4:22 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > I want to cry. my service dog bit me!

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Mon Apr 14, '14 6:51pm PST 
I can't help but notice that on your profile that you list one of the dogs pet peeves as "blowing in her face," which is extremely similar to kissing her on the head. Simple answer: don't do that again.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Bobby, Apr 25 3:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Pitbull-Cockapoo pup.. behavior?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Apr 10, '14 5:26pm PST 
I'm dying to see what this puppy looks like - can you post a picture?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 2:21 pm

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.