Postings by Noah

GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > Therapy dog/ Apartments opinion?
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Fri Dec 19, '14 7:35am PST 
Buddy, that's the mature decision to make. I know it stinks having to wait but if it's not the right time, it's best to just wait.

I feel your pain, I've been dying to get a puppy for the past 4 years but our townhouse really isn't big enough to accommodate another dog. We're also having to wait until we buy a house.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Fri 1:35 pm

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 7:54am PST 
Being depressed yourself doesn't change anything. Everyone else is right. What you're trying to do is wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Fri 1:35 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Hmm help please!!!!

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '14 7:11pm PST 
Leonberger, not lionberg party They're huge, fluffy and awesome.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Truffle 1988 - 1991, Thu 7:24 am

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '14 7:08pm PST 
Do you actually need a service dog (which is not the same as a "therapy dog" )or do you just want to own a pit bull where you aren't supposed to? If you do need a service dog or emotional support animal, most landlords will still want some sort of letter from a doctor/psychologist stating your need for the dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Harley, SD, CGC, TDI, Fri 1:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Turkey formula

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Sun Dec 7, '14 8:48pm PST 
The Honest Kitchen's Embark formula is a grain-free turkey based food and the company uses no ingredients from China in any of their foods. Everything they do use is human grade.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Dec 7 8:48 pm

Behavior & Training > My 1 yr old Jackchi hates her nails being cut!
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '14 6:51pm PST 
With small dogs that are snappy/difficult for having their nails cut, here is what I do:

1) Don't do it on the ground. Set a towel on a washing machine or some other high table.
2) Set the dog up on the perch and have them face forward while you face toward their back end. Keep the dog standing up, it's easiest if you don't let them sit down or lay down. For the sake of making it easier for me to describe, the dog will be on your left with you facing her tail.
3) Reach over their back and pick up her back left leg with your left hand, using your elbow to keep her body close to yours. This will keep her from turning her head and snapping at you. If she starts to growl, just hold the leg. If she tries to pull away, DO NOT LET GO! You don't need to yank on her, you can move with her a little, but do not set her foot down. Once she settles down, cut the nails on that foot.
4) To get the other back foot, reach your arm under her back end so you're having to reach between her back legs to hold on to her leg. Cut those nails.
5) To do the front nails, you'll take the same approach of reaching underneath her to hold the foot with one hand and cut with the other.

The biggest thing is to take your time and if she starts to fight, just hold her still until she settles down. Don't try and cut if she's fighting. Stay calm and avoid the temptation to say "It's ok, it's ok, it's ok" or whatever. Don't talk to her too much, odds are it will only ramp her up more. If you approach the situation like you're confident and know what you're doing, she'll be calmer.

The lesson you're trying to teach her is that while she may not like it, it's going to be done regardless of her fighting. You know that it doesn't hurt her and it's for the best that it be done.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Heidi, Today 3:47 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Finally got a puppy!

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Fri Nov 28, '14 6:49pm PST 
Ah, I'm so jealous! What a handsome dog!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Thu 10:37 am

Behavior & Training > Ecollar training videos recommendations?

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 1:57pm PST 
I would also recommend Michael Ellis' E-Collar DVDs.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Nov 13 1:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Amazing Dog Tricks

Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Thu Nov 13, '14 1:56pm PST 
What a great video - I love the blowing bubbles trick!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Nov 13 4:34 pm

Grooming > Thinking of becoming a Groomer
Noah

Herpaderp-apotam- us

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '14 2:23pm PST 
If you're thinking of taking a job at Petco anyway, do that and skip paying ABC to certify you. Petco will start you as a bather and you'll receive paid training when it's time for you to start grooming. The only downside is that the quality of the training will really depend on your mentor. Some are great, some are just in it to make the extra money that mentoring brings. Once you're certified, you're required to stay at Petco for a year so they can recoup the cost of training you. It's a good way to get a feel for the business without investing any money.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noah, Jul 22 2:23 pm

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.