GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Service & Therapy Dogs > Strangest comment ever
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 7:46pm PST 
I was at a gun show with my hubby and a guy kept trying to buy Sarge from me. He offered to trade us several guns for him. Lol.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 7 10:02 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't Know What To Do
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Thu Oct 10, '13 10:03pm PST 
Thank you guys for responding. I'm going to try taking your guys advice next time. I'm not comfortable with letting people know he is my PSD when most people ask but I really like the idea of maybe using the medical alert patch to help avoid some confrontations. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 12:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't Know What To Do

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Tue Oct 8, '13 11:35pm PST 
Sarge is a wonderful service dog and when we are out and about he will alert and start nudging me when I start getting my anxiety/ panic attacks. One problem I do find myself in is I also have bad migraines 4-5 times a week and there are times when I'm hurting that I still have to go out to stores to pick up some things. The problem I have is when I have my migraines I like to wear my prescription sunglasses because lights hurt my eyes and it's easier to see but I feel like I can't wear them into stores with me. I feel like people will think that I'm faking that I'm blind to bring Sarge with me so I take it off when I get in the stores and suffer through the pain. I've told my husband about why I wont wear my sunglasses into stores and he thinks I'm being foolish and suffering for no reason because he says who cares what they think. Am I being foolish?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Oct 13 12:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Best responses for "WHATISTHAT?!CANIPET?!OHMYGODWHEREDOIGETONE?!"

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sat Oct 5, '13 3:31am PST 
Honestly, it's hard to deal with sometimes. There are times I try to pretend I don't hear them and keep walking or I have my husband deal with answering them. It just seems never ending sometimes. You go a few feet and people stop you for pics or to ask what kind of dog he is. I especially hate the shouters. "OMG! WHAT KIND OF DOG IS THAT! HE IS ADORABLE! CAN I PET HIM!" I can be on the phone talking, eating, or in the middle of talking to my husband or kids and people just butt right in. I've had them interrupt us while we were eating and have tried to politely tell them while covering my mouth that I'm eating and hoping they'll take the hint and leave because of course they always show up when I have a mouthful of food but they just wait till I finnish swallowing for me to answer. Sorry but I just feel it's rude to interrupt people trying to enjoy a nice meal. There was one time I was on the phone and a guy interrupted my conversation and I told him politely I'm on the phone and instead of going away he stood there listening to my phone conversation till I was done just to ask what kind of dog Sarge was. There are times I just want to hang a big banner on him saying he is a Saint Bernard/ Standard Poodle mix, but I don't think that will stop people. Sarge has Do Not Pet Patches on each side of his vest and they are big patches. One even says the whole No Touch No Talk No Eye contact, but adults don't read it. It's funny because we took our kids to Charlie Safarie which is a indoor play area for kids and while I was sitting there with Sarge laying at my feet I kept getting adults coming to ask to pet him or ask what he is. I could hear parents say to their kids " Look at the puppy. You want to pet it? Lets go ask to pet the puppy." It's great that the tell their kids to go ask but can't they just read the patches? One of our friends who was there actually made the observation because we had young kids actually stop and read the patches out loud to themselves which saved me the trouble of having to tell them no he can't be petted because he's working. Even with all the hassle we have to go through I wouldn't trade Sarge for the world. He's helped me a lot and I don't know what I would do without him.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 7:04 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Flying Southwest

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 1:04pm PST 
I haven't ever flown with Sarge but I do have to agree with your review of Southwest airlines. They've always been very friendly and helpful whenever I've flown on their airlines.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Sep 24 2:03 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > It finally happened.
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Thu Aug 22, '13 10:12am PST 
What I hate and think is really rude is when your out eating and trying to enjoy your meal with your family and people keep interrupting you so they can ask what breed your dog is. Is it just me or does that not seem rude to anyone else? The last time it happened I didn't want to be mean but I said," I'm sorry but I'm trying to eat (all while I'm covering my mouth because I had a mouth full of food)." I didn't say it in a mean voice but she looked a little taken aback and my husband ended up answering her questions because she just stood there waiting. Sarge has a patch that says Service Dog No Touch No Talk No eye Contact and I swear there are so many times I want to wear a shirt that says the same thing for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 7:40 pm

Service & Therapy Dogs > It finally happened.

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sat Aug 17, '13 11:17am PST 
I'm sorry you had to go through that. It's tough when people don't understand that these dogs are working and shouldn't be distracted. It drives me nuts when people sit there trying to get Sarge's attention. I had one lady tried to reach out and pet Sarge and I had to block her and explain that he was working and the lady looked at him and said " you poor dog, you don't get to be a dog." It's mostly adults that I have issues with surprisingly enough. Most kids I've dealt with ask first before they try to pet him. It's the adults that I've had problems with running up and petting him. A few week ago I was at the mall with my family and a lady runs up and is just inches from my face wanting to know what kind of dog Sarge was. I jerked away and started backing up. I did answer her as I walked away quickly but my anxiety was up and I was angry when I saw my husband laughing a few feet away. I asked him what he thought was so funny and he said he thought I was going to punch her. Honestly it could have happened because she scared the crap out of me when she popped up a few inches from my face. There are times I just move on and act like I don't hear peoples questions or see people chasing after because I'm hoping they just go away and leave me alone. I don't do well in crowds especially when I feel closed in. Most times if my husband is with me he will answer them for me.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Oct 20 7:40 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Just curious?

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Wed Aug 14, '13 11:13am PST 
One problem with tasers is you only have one shot to shoot it at one and if one of the probes don't stick then it's useless unless you try and do a contact stun (which I wouldn't want to be that close to a vicious dog) which isn't actually a stun at that point but it's a pain compliance unless they can pop another cartridge on quickly enough. Also with a pepper spray can end up getting you instead if there is the slightest breeze and then you'd be practically blinded while you have a dangerous dog attacking you. Not saying these methods shouldn't be used but just saying that it may not be possible to always use.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 6 9:49 pm

Contests and Vote For Me! > HELP!!

Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Sun Aug 11, '13 6:59pm PST 
I need all the help I can get. I entered one of Sarge's photo in a That's Your Pet Photo contest for service dogs and need your help to get more likes. The one with the most likes wins. Please go on facebook to That's your pet and like his pic. Sarge and I really appreciates all your help. Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=638801396144880&set=a.56 4825270209160.123368.559317077426646&type=1&theater

cheerdancingway to go|/h/ |blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 6:59 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Iditarod Dog's Fate Unclear After Attacking Child
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Tue Jul 9, '13 9:33am PST 
Bottom line is the lady and kids shouldn't have been wandering around the owner's property without them knowing about it or even being home.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 11 12:22 pm

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.