GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Dog Health > loss of interest in food
Kobe

Barked: Sun Nov 24, '13 9:03am PST 
i've noticed over the last couple weeks, kobe doesn't eat his food as fast as he used to and last week he started to refuse his food and pick at it. he usually eats all of it, but he takes his time. i've changed the food, and he's excited about it for one or two meals and then it's back to what he was doing before. he's playing and acting normal although his poops have been a little inconsistent. no diarrhea though.

over the last 6 months, we have battled two clostridium infections in his intestines. two weeks ago, he got into my cats litter box. he's always had a sensitive stomach, so he's been on probiotics the last couple months.

i'm not sure where to start...blood tests? stool sample? he's always been a really fast eater who lives for mealtime. i'm a little tight on money as well frown
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 24 2:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > RECALL on Evo, Healthwise, Innova, Californa Natural!!!
Kobe

Barked: Tue Mar 19, '13 10:03am PST 
guys. salmonella is something that all pet food factories fight to keep out of their equipment on a constant basis. that's true whether proctor and gamble own you or you operate by yourselves. natura themselves have a great reputation and have not had a recall in the last however many years. true, iams and other pet foods that proctor and gamble owns have had recalls, but it's not simply because proctor and gamble own them. as far as i know, only one bag tested positive for salmonella and that was an evo cat bag. as a precaution, they are voluntarily recalling anything that was produced around the same time as that bag. there have been no reported cases of pets getting sick. i'm not saying that no one is at fault, but recalls happen. don't write off a great company just because of who owns them or because they are being responsible and proactively handling a problem that just happens sometimes. i feed my dog natura food, my cats eat natura, my boyfiend's dog eats natura, and although a recall sucks, i would still recommend them.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 9:31 pm

Dog Health > Does this sound like joint issue? Slow Downs.

Kobe

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 5:14pm PST 
perhaps try a glucosamine supplement? i'd try a level 2 or something more geared towards a dog already experiencing joint issues. you can get that at just about any pet supply store. see if that improves what you're seeing. i put my dog on that stuff when he had a limp last fall and we couldn't figure out what was causing it without xrays. within 2 weeks, the limp was gone and has been since. that tells me it was a joint issue.(we will get down to the bottom of the limp soon though)it won't hurt and depending on how old your dog is, it might be good to get him on something anyway...as for the vet visit, if it was me, i might wait til you go in for vaccinations.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 19 7:01 pm

Behavior & Training > bike tethers

Kobe

Barked: Wed Mar 13, '13 2:53pm PST 
my boyfriend has a 60lb hound dog. he wants to take his dog out bike riding with kobe and i this summer, but he hasn't ever taught his dog how to run next to a bike. i've seen the bike tethers online. what are people's opinions of these? are some brands better than others? any advice on getting his dog started? i started young with kobe. he learned how to run(slowly and super short rides of course since he was young)starting at almost 5 or 6 months old. i don't use any tethers. i just loosely hang onto the leash in my hand and if i need to correct him, i do then go back to what we were doing. kobe, however, has also been taught how to behave off leash in case i would ever have to let go of the leash while my boyfriend's dog has not. we, of course, will work on that off leash thing this summer. i cannot emphasize how important off leash training is!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 14 11:05 pm

Dog Health > paw pads

Kobe

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 10:04am PST 
he eats california natural grain free salmon. i know he'll wear boots and i have them on hand, but i'd like to solve this problem kinda from the inside out, so that he's not dependent on the boots. i'll look into the zinc idea though.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 10:04 am

Dog Health > paw pads
Kobe

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 7:29pm PST 
after having kobe almost a year, i've come to the conclusion that his paw pads, especially his back ones, are always going to be sensitive. he seems to turn his back feet when he walks on them. he easily gets sores on his back ones if we go for a long walk after not going on one for awhile or on the ice. aside from keeping up on walks on cement, does anyone have any suggestions for ways to thicken his paw pads? preferably products that are not full of chemicals. thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Mar 5 10:04 am

Dog Health > limping puppy :(

Kobe

Barked: Tue Nov 13, '12 6:02pm PST 
after being on an anti inflammatory for a couple days now, i think kobe's limp is getting better although i'm not sure it's an injury instead of something else. i took him for a walk today out at a friend's farm and i noticed that although he was mostly fine for most of the walk, there was a couple minutes where the limp was back. is it typical for a limp to come and go a bit? does that mean it might be something related to his growth plates?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 6:02 pm

Kobe

Barked: Fri Nov 9, '12 12:47pm PST 
the vet didn't see or feel much. there might be a little more fluid around his left elbow than his right elbow, which might mean a bit of inflammation. we aren't doing x rays yet bc we don't really have much to go on. we're going to try an anti inflammatory for a couple days. if that doesn't do much, than he might have a joint disorder or something and we'll try some x rays....we'll see what happens i guess.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Nov 13 6:02 pm

Kobe

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 7:45pm PST 
the limp is still there frown i have a vet appt tomorrow afternoon. i don't think it's serious, but i want to get it checked out. i just worry because he's got corgi type legs and joints. i know he's going to have problems with arthritis in the future and i would like to do everything i can to prevent or lessen that later on for him. we'll see what they say.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 6:02 pm

Kobe

Barked: Wed Nov 7, '12 6:03am PST 
well. i wouldn't say it's gotten worse. i did take him to the dog park on sunday because at that time, it was slight and like i said, he's had slight limps before. by sunday night, it was definitely there though. the limp itself hasn't really gotten worse since then.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Nov 13 6:02 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.