Postings by Sencha

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Shiba Inu > Full-time Job and Puppy
Sencha

Barked: Fri Jan 25, '13 1:21pm PST 
I can definitely relate; I only trust my parents or sisters to watch Sencha when I'm away. I work full time and when I got Sencha as a puppy, was even living alone. I would leave her in the crate during the day and then come let her out at lunch (gave her almost an hour of free time, but I live 5 minutes away and get a long lunch break.. was very lucky in that sense). She was only in there for around 4 hours at a time. When I got home for the day I was always sure to give her LOTS of play time, took her on nice walks, etc, and it went well.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Toshiro, May 12 10:04 am

Shiba Inu > Free feeding or scheduled feeding?
Sencha

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:32am PST 
Sencha free feeds. I tried to have scheduled feeding when she was a puppy, and it never really worked for her. She is very good at eating only when she is hungry. No weight issues or anything. I think it really depends on the dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sencha, Jan 24 10:32 am

Shiba Inu > Food Advice

Sencha

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:16am PST 
Sencha LOVES Taste of the Wild (salmon flavors)
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Saki, Jan 25 11:28 am

Shiba Inu > Raw spots on paws

Sencha

Barked: Thu Jan 24, '13 10:10am PST 
Sencha has had some raw spots on her paws a few times in the past month or two. Vet couldn't really give me a reason that it was happening.. It dawned on me that after playing outside, there are sometimes dried on/hard to clean spots of dirt on her paws. So I began to suspect that she could be pulling out the fur with the dirt while cleaning herself. I've started making an effort to keep her paws extra clean, and there hasn't been a problem since.

Has this happened with your shibas?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Saki, Jan 25 11:32 am

Shiba Inu > Shiba inu weight graph/chart?

Sencha

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 1:10pm PST 
Sencha is around 5.5 months and weights only 11 lbs... I hope she gets bigger :/
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jul 12 9:17 pm

Shiba Inu > How to clean a Shiba's ears?
Sencha

Barked: Sun May 6, '12 7:21am PST 
Is it necessary to clean a Shiba Inu's ears? I always read how floppy eared dogs need their ears cleaned, but never really hear about dogs with pointed ears needing them cleaned. I am definitely willing to if it is needed.

Do you clean your Shiba's ears? If so, how do you do it and what do you use?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Toshiro, May 22 9:47 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching foods due to recalls.

Sencha

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 7:18pm PST 
Bruno, I think she may have issues with grain. I used to feed her a food with grain (I can't recall the name of the food) and her droppings were never completely solid the whole time she was on it... Is that a sign she shouldn't be eating grains? Anyway, the day I switched her to TOTW everything was better. Such a shame, she really did great on it.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by , May 25 3:48 pm

Food & Nutrition > Switching foods due to recalls.

Sencha

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 7:06pm PST 
Which Natures Variety Instinct would be the choice for a puppy? I don't see a puppy variety.. Only the prairie one has a puppy formula.. is that one ok? It isn't grain free though, correct?
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by , May 25 3:48 pm

Food & Nutrition > More Diamond Recalls!

Sencha

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 7:02pm PST 
Thanks! I saw the other thread I will keep an eye on it
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Jun 25 6:11 am

Food & Nutrition > More Diamond Recalls!
Sencha

Barked: Fri May 4, '12 6:51pm PST 
It's too bad, my pup was doing awesome on Taste of the Wild. Anyone have suggestions for affordable replacements?
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Scruffy (RIP), Jun 25 6:11 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.