GO!

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > help me solve this mystery for my dog...
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Dec 23, '13 8:10am PST 
Harley's black on his skin was more oily so not flakes but it all came down to low thyroid for him. Is your dog's a high normal? Any other symptoms like weight change or lower energy levels?

Did you change foods or treats lately?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Dec 27 3:49 pm

Dog Health > Wat's the weirdest thing that has happened to your dog?
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Fri Dec 20, '13 11:51am PST 
Any puppy we have had in our house have gotten their heads stuck in the railing on the stairs. I have figured it out----they think they will fit through the opening (the shortcut) and might be able to beat the big dogs upstairs.

Maci has had a squeaker stuck in the end of her tongue. The side seam has burst when the toy did.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 21 9:57 pm

Behavior & Training > Lady that's not food motivated!!

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Dec 18, '13 10:49am PST 
Thankfully sounds like you have a trainer with a head on their shoulders. This is when you keep tons of distance and be a little thankful of the biggest distraction you have to work with.

But yeah, rally is not the best class for this dog. Around here she would be removed and asked to take private lessons.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:22 am

Behavior & Training > Lady that's not food motivated!!

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Dec 18, '13 10:49am PST 
Thankfully sounds like you have a trainer with a head on their shoulders. This is when you keep tons of distance and be a little thankful of the biggest distraction you have to work with.

But yeah, rally is not the best class for this dog. Around here she would be removed and asked to take private lessons.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 6 7:22 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Thoughts on breeds for people who are not that involved with their dog

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Fri Dec 13, '13 11:38am PST 
My 2 furkids (one only 1 year old) were going to 2 classes each a week and off leash hours at the park every day plus training sessions at home. When hubby had heart failure, I was at the hospital for 18 hours with the dogs only getting out for a bathroom break once by family. I did not come home to screwed up dogs. And all the classes stopped and time at the park was daily but short and not much else for 2 months for the dogs while he was still in hospital. My dogs survived just fine. And I will admit to being a picky person with the breed rescue and wanting people to do classes, etc. But that changed when I realized a dog could be happy with those normal household verus the dog crazy ones smile

Thinking about it...my dogs are great in the house because of the consistancy with the rules (which can be different for different people) and great in public because they get out there with walks and camping not because of the classes. All the classes they are not allowed to visit people and dogs!

Now saying that...new to-dogs owners and dogs with specific can not manage for life issues need classes and training.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 29 11:31 am

Behavior & Training > Fenzi Academy
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Thu Dec 5, '13 9:03am PST 
I have done Heeling games at bronze - learned lots. And now doing Raising a performance puppy at bronze. Heeling games I loved, puppy one has just started but so far it is stuff I already know and do...we will see.

If I had the money I would do in-person classes. I find it too hard to motivate myself to train/practice without motivation (like my money LOL. And yes, can really use a training partner around for some things. But another issue is even in the big city we are losing the good competitive obedience classes or the location to have them - so glad to have Fenzi filling in.

We will be doing the tracking one next.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 6 9:29 pm

Dog Health > Mast cell tumor, already spread to lymph node

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Dec 2, '13 10:11am PST 
So sorry to hear about your loss. We can all tell how loved she was--take comfort in your memories.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Dec 3 10:53 am

Behavior & Training > CGN/CGC training question.

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 10:53am PST 
Well you can get an advantage if you can practice in the location tests are held. Then they would not be strange places.
Around here most test are helds after the shows or in separate buildings so my problem is it was TOO quiet! My dogs are trained for distractions and there was nothing. Only the super 'I know they love me' person holding the leash. And that is why Maci does not have that title smile

With Harley it was in a barn...so there was bird poop to roll around in and sniff. He never moved a way from the spot i downed him just had fun rolling and rubbing in as much stink as he could into his back! The judge did have to check the rules but he was not pulling, jumping, or acting up.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 19 9:20 am

Behavior & Training > Does having another dog help an unsocialized dog?

Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Mon Nov 18, '13 10:40am PST 
It will for all the reasons already stated but do watch you leave time for separate training for her. A friend got a second dog but she had a year where she still had to walk them separately and still had to spend time working with her scaredy cat girl smile Can be done easily of course but thought I would give you a heads up.

Also, finding the right play style is important but do realize that your girl might not ever really play. My Maci is not unsocialized, only a not so well breed pup and she does not know how to play still.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Dec 8 7:41 am

Behavior & Training > Kinda needing some help introducing puppy to baby (long story and in need of advice)
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Wed Sep 11, '13 11:26am PST 
Congrats! And Cohan posted all the good links I have as a resource. I do agree that in some ways the baby needs to be trained too (okay it is really the parents that need to be trained).

And like when you have a puppy --remember things you allow now the dog will do later when the child is older. So watch what you 'teach' now. A friend allowed her dog to sometimes lick the baby's feet, later the dog still wanted to lick in the feet area but sometimes would get belted with a hardsole shoe when baby was crawling.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 11 11:26 am

(Page 1 of 23: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.