Postings by Tiaki CGC SD

GO!

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

Contests and Vote For Me! > Tiaki has been nominated for the Hero Dog Awards!!!
Tiaki CGC- SD

I am a Pringles- pilfering pup!!

Barked: Mon Mar 24, '14 11:58am PST 
Thank you Molly!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Mar 24 11:58 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Tiaki has been nominated for the Hero Dog Awards!!!
Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '14 9:21am PST 
The link is in the contest forum. Please vote & share. You can vote once a day. I'd love the opportunity to promote owner trained service dogs!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Mar 7 9:21 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > Tiaki has been nominated for the Hero Dog Awards!!!

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Fri Mar 7, '14 9:03am PST 
Ok, voting is open for the Hero Dog Awards!! You can vote once a day. Please vote & share (sorry I guess it's only open to US citizens :/). This will be a great way to promote the versatility of the GWP and owner trained service dogs. I appreciate all of your support!

http://www.herodogawards.org/contestants/?nominee=82836826
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Mar 24 11:58 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > 2014 American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Mon Feb 3, '14 9:31am PST 
Ok, I guess voting doesn't start till March 7th lol. Note to self: read all instructions!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Feb 3 9:31 am

Contests and Vote For Me! > 2014 American Humane Association Hero Dog Awards

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Mon Feb 3, '14 9:13am PST 
Tia has been nominated for the Hero Dog Awards in the Service Dog category. Please go vote for her. We are working to raise awareness of Owner Trained service dogs & non-typical service dog breeds.

http://www.herodogawards.org/contestants/?nominee=8283682 6
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Feb 3 9:31 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Don't Know What To Do
Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 12:25am PST 
I know some people are hard to ignore, but it's really none of their business. I sometimes wear my sunglasses in places...I get looks, but I usually ignore people & usually don't like making eye contact in public anyway, so it's a moot point for me. People will make assumptions no matter what you do. Tia's patches just say Service Dog, but have the medical symbol on it. She also has a do not distract patch, but no one ever reads the patches anyway confused
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Oct 13 12:25 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > SDiT - Owner Trained question

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 12:17am PST 
I agree with Happy. It is possible for a person with your disabilities to train their own dog, but make sure you have a good trainer that knows what is required of SDs & it's helpful to have a good support system...people that can help you with the training when you aren't working with the trainer. Try to find some handlers in your area for training meetups. The most important thing to remember is Slow is Fast. Don't try to rush any part of the training. It'll just backfire eventually. Tia didn't start working in non-pet friendly places until she was 13/14 months old. She is 21 months old now & I probably won't be graduating her for a few more months at least. She's ready, but there are a couple of things I would still like to proof, so I'll keep the "in training" patch on her for a while longer.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tiaki CGC SD, Oct 13 12:17 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Best responses for "WHATISTHAT?!CANIPET?!OHMYGODWHEREDOIGETONE?!"

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sun Oct 13, '13 12:01am PST 
ARIEL!!!!!! Well with Tia, when they ask about the breed (and if I'm feeling up to talking to strangers) I tell them to be prepared for several hours of exercise, training & mental stimulation every day for at least 2 years. I also tell them that this breed needs a firm hand & sometimes imaginative training techniques. On the petting, it's a big NO while she's in vest (she still hasn't gotten the memo that her breed is suppose to be "aloof"). As far as where they can get one (German Wirehaired Pointer), I tell them that they would have to go out of state for a really good breeder (I just happened to luck out with Tia). It's not a very common breed (they are like #70something on the AKC most popular breed list). Usually the exercise requirements alone scare most people off.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Diesel, Oct 20 7:04 am

Dog Health > Shaking as if shes wet

Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Sun Apr 14, '13 8:49pm PST 
Body shaking can also be a sign of stress release...as in "shaking it off". My dogs do it after wrestling, after being released from a difficult command or after a confrontation. If she's on anti anxiety meds, she could just be shaking off the stress.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Apr 15 4:04 am

Raw Food Diet > Puppy doesn't want meals with bone
Tiaki CGC- SD

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 2:09pm PST 
I agree with Gizmo. Tia had issues with bone for a little while. Their jaw muscles may not be strong enough to get through the thick leg bones. Also, they still have their puppy teeth. In the wild (yes I know, they are not wolves, they are domestic, but the theory is still the same) the adult dogs would still be regurgitating some of the food for the puppies. You might want to start with smaller bones & give boneless meat with it. Chicken wings are good, chicken feet too. The jaw muscles will get stronger & soon your pup will be able to get through bones will no problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 6 8:39 pm

(Page 1 of 15: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.