GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Very Delicate Chihuahua Tummy.
Tiny

Tiny by Name,- Tiny by Nature

Barked: Fri Apr 6, '12 5:15am PST 
Ill see, were pretty busy and I dont think wed have the time for a home cooked diet. We called into the vet yesterday who told me to stay on the food and starve him out or add something to it if starving him doesnt work. But she told us not to do a wet food only diet as he would need his teeth to be maintained. I think we are going to keep him on the food and add a little boiled chicken to it to add some variety. Thanks for all your help.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Tiny

Barked: Wed Apr 4, '12 11:53am PST 
If not chicken and rice then what? The food he is on all the time is digestive support, thats how delicate his stomach is.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Tiny

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '12 12:16pm PST 
I think Im going to start weaning him onto chicken and rice twice a day and see how that goes, after all he is a dog and they were originally carnivores.Either way I think he needs some meat in his diet. Thanks for all your help guys!smile
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Tiny

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 9:30am PST 
Thanks for all your answers guys! I am pretty sure Im not overfeeding him because I use a vets cup measure to measure the amount he gets. I feed him twice a day but will not touch his morning feed until late afternoon and then wont even look at his dinner, so overfeedings not the problem.

Some of the food brands you mentioned I have never even heard of and Id like to think that I am quite aware of whats available on the market but obviously you have a much better selection than we do in Ireland. I do think its very important that he gets meat in his diet as thats what he would be eating in the wild so I do try to include that in his diet.

He would eat ham, chicken, beef, pork and fish all day long so I dont think the problem is with his appetite, I think he just has no interest in the vets food because its so bland.

If he is eating grass and being sick I know it could be for a number of reasons including feeling sick, boredom or feeling that he is lacking something in his diet. I think that he is lacking something on the vets food diet, I was wondering if anyone knew what it could be or if I could somehow supplement it?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Tiny

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '12 10:44am PST 
The food hes on consists mainly of wheat and other cereals and he regularily gets chicken so I doubt its either of them. The vet said that RC was just too rich for him and that I would need tests to see what exactly he was allergic to, it might be worth doing. Can you think of anything bland and gentle on the stomach that would make him gain considerable weight?
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Tiny

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 11:34am PST 
My little chihuahua male has an extremely delicate stomach. When I rescued him he had been on a cheap food and wasnt fighting for his portion so as a result he was extremely underweight at around 3.1kg(that might not seem too bad for a chihuahua but he is a crossbreed and was very skinny for his height). The vet recommended we put him on a rich, high-quality food so we had him on Royal Canin Mini and his coat improved and he was putting on weight but after about 2 months he started vomiting every day and couldn't keep anything down. We discovered he had an allergy to Royal Canin and he went on a stright diet of very bland, very expensive Specific vets only food and he is still on it now. It puts a great shine on his coat but it is so bland with very boring ingredients so he has to be coaxed into eating it by adding some tuna, chicken or gravy to it. My problem is he is not eating enough to put on any weight.He is now 3.8kg but the vet says he is still too thin and wants him to be 4.3-4.5kgs. What can I give him to put on weight that will not upset his stomach?
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 7:22 pm

Small Dogs > Tiny is a Chihuahua cross.....What!?

Tiny

Barked: Wed Mar 21, '12 11:17am PST 
Thank you! I got Tiny from my local rescue centre where there was loads of other little toy breeds and crossbreeds, I would have rescued them all if I could. Tiny would make a fantastic companion for a single person but is also a great family dog, provided the children arent too young. He is incredibly affectionate but only has one master and will only listen to them!laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 10:01 am

Tiny

Barked: Tue Mar 20, '12 11:13am PST 
Thanks guys!
I think we look alike too Cocoa Loco!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 10:01 am

Dog of the Day & Week > DOTD!

Tiny

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '12 6:58am PST 
Congratulations!hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Mar 19 5:59 pm

Tiny

Barked: Mon Mar 19, '12 6:09am PST 
I did think that because of the ears but he has a white chest and a long funny looking tail so I thought maybe a Jack Russell Terrier?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 12 10:01 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.