Postings by Sam

GO!

Senior Dogs > Senior Dog Peeing

Sam

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 1:54pm PST 
I agree with Sachi that a diaper may be the way to go. Here is another link from a company that has helped me immensely with my senior dog. They've given me incredible advice and a couple of products that are helping me deal with my aging lab/irish setter. Here is the link to their diaper section:

https://seniorpetsupplies.com/simple-solution-disposable-dog-dia pers.html

I hope this helps!
-Sam
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Trigger, May 17 1:42 pm

Senior Dogs > Making it easier for him
Sam

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 1:49pm PST 
Sorry! I forgot to include a link to the leash and the website in my last post!:

https://seniorpetsupplies.com/bottoms-up-leash-1.html
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Zak (7/20/01 - 5/15/13), Apr 5 5:14 pm

Senior Dogs > Making it easier for him

Sam

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 1:49pm PST 
I am sorry to hear that your dog is having trouble. My dog Sam is nearing 12 years old and despite my best efforts is having trouble getting up now. He has a hard time making it down stairs, or even walking in an area with obstacles such as rocks. I found this INCREDIBLE leash that has helped immensely. He is a big dog and is at a healthy weight at 88 pounds, and so he is simply too heavy for me to pick up myself. However, this leash attaches around his back legs and helps me lift his back end and he is able to lift his front end. When I first saw the leash I had doubts about it perhaps rubbing, or even further injuring my dog, so I called up the company (which by the way is an amazing senior pet supply company... they carry really, really unique braces for older dogs amongst other products designed specifically to help with the aging process for dogs. they have incredible customer service as well, and i was so relieved to find a company that provided me with things that I needed, but was also able to give me advice on my Sam. i can't stop raving about the company) and they encouraged me to just try the leash. Got the leash, tried it, and I really do feel that just being able to get up and go outside has made all the difference in the world to Sam and the sparkle is back in eyes at least a little. I would really highly encourage you to check out this product because it might be just the thing to help your dog get down the stairs.

Hope this helps!
-Sam
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zak (7/20/01 - 5/15/13), Apr 5 5:14 pm

Senior Dogs > Slipping and sliding on kitchen floor

Sam

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 1:42pm PST 
With my dog Sam, I've always had a problem with him slipping and slidding on kitchen floors unfortunately. A major issue is that when I got him, his nails were far, far overgrown and though I've done quite a bit to trim them down and get the quick to recede, they're so a major issue with the hard wood kitchen floors. I got the skyling ruffwear boots from an outdoor dog company and they've helped immensely. They also help me take him out in the winter, since as he's gotten older his feet have gotten much more sensitive to the cold. Maybe these could help? Here's the link to where I bought mine:
http://www.republicofpaws.com/ruff-wear-barkn-boots-skyliner/

Hope this is an idea and might help!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sam, Feb 23 1:42 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.