Postings by Bella

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Choosing the Right Dog > Rescue dogs vs Breeder (rant)
Bella

Barked: Tue Mar 25, '14 11:28am PST 
I'm about ready to lose it on social media. I have worked with a rescue for over a year fostering puppies and helping train them for their forever homes. While I loved doing it for the dogs I stopped fostering after being yelled at constantly by the main rescue people. Even though I am one of the best foster homes they had my dogs are trained and I talk to the people about continuing training recommend books, toys give advice and if people foster to adopt they never return my dogs back. Now the problem all these rescue people on social media are insane and like to constantly argue about why breeders are terrible and there are not any reputable breeders. You need to rescue from a shelter or rescue never a breeder you can't trust a breeder they only care about money. Well we all know there are good breeders out there that do proper health testing to assure your puppy won't have health problems and you can meet the parents of the puppies and see the tempermant of the parents. I think they are a lot of bad breeders puppy mills byb and pet store puppies and they should adopt if they are going to a bad breeder. But there are great breeders out there champion lines that know what they are doing and care to better the breed.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Caledonia, Apr 11 4:55 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Rasing two pit bulls puppies in the same house possible?
Bella

Barked: Tue Oct 15, '13 8:06am PST 
??????
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Brooklyn, Oct 15 1:47 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Tell me More About the American Pit Bull Terrier??

Bella

Barked: Tue Sep 24, '13 8:12pm PST 
?????
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Samson, Oct 1 5:39 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > irresponsible neighbor and dog

Bella

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 12:00pm PST 
I have just about had it with one of the neighbors and her dog. We just moved in 5 months ago all the neighbors and great and nice except one. I'm not going to say her real name so I will just say Becky. Becky has a dog older pretty sweet most of the time but will
occasionally get into little fights with other dogs. Both of my small dogs DO NOT LIKE the dog and when they have met get into little scuffles. My dogs are good with most dogs, I will tell you why they don't like this dog. The lady is not with it in the head(bad alcoholic) and constantly let's her dog go in to our front yard not holding the leash just letting the dog explore even goes up to our backyard fence while she stands far away from the dog. My dogs are going to be reactive to any dog or person that comes up to the backyard fence that is their yard and they feel the need to protect it. It doesn't mean my dogs are aggressive or terrible with dogs and people cause they are not heck anyone who comes to visit in the house will probably be licked to death before even being barked at! At first I was really nice if the dog came up and my dogs were going crazy I would call them over and bring them inside, but now I don't she also seems to come into our yard the most out of all the neighbors. Normally if I let the dogs go crazy she will get her dog more quickly and head home. I have three dogs here two are my own and one is a foster. I find this to be an odd situation and need advice. I have never been mean to the lady but I am getting fed up. There have been times before were
I am going for a walk with the dogs and the dog has been in the garage as I head out and it surprises my dog And of course they get defensive and then the other dog does, then normally Becky will rush over even though she is standing twenty or more feet from her dog.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Jun 3 8:09 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > please share this parvo puppies

Bella

Barked: Sun May 26, '13 7:16pm PST 
Even small donations can help and are appreciated!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , May 26 9:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Flexi-lead rant
Bella

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 10:10am PST 
I know I am late to chime in on this thread. But for my self and my small dogs I love using flexi leashes, but I am very responsible when using the leashes. I keep the leash locked at about 5 or 6 feet long when walking and if it is safe I will let him have more freedom. They are very nice to use on wooded trails I keep the dogs close to me around others and dogs but if there is no one around on the trail I let them run. I only use the belted flexi Not the cord kind. I do think 95% of people are clueless on how to use the leashes and they never lock them even by busy roads or they let there dog go up to people or dogs. I beg everyone on here to not use the cord/rope flexi leash, I had one and had the dog in the yard playing fetch I had shorts on as the dog ran for the ball the flexi rubbed and cut the back of my leg it left a scar and I still to this day have that scar there. It hurt bad when it rubbed full speed on bare skin. Never again will I use the rope kind only the belt flexi from now on. I also will never use one with a bigger sized dog, I think dogs under 30 lbs are okay, I hate seeing 100 lbs dogs on the thin cord leash pulling like crazy i fear it will snap in half.

naughtynaughty
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 21 9:04 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Ridiculous things people assume about dogs.

Bella

Barked: Fri Mar 15, '13 8:55am PST 
People who think My shy dog wants to petted, no she does not want you to pet her. Yet they keep pestering and saying I bet she wants some attention. I hate bringing both my small dogs together and they only want to pet and interact with the one who does not really want to, Bella is very particular with people only people she knows and has met does she really like. I say pet Mozart he loves people and attention and sometimes they do sometimes they don't, it gets very annoying quick.
[notify]
» There has since been 50 posts. Last posting by The Boys, May 5 10:07 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What in the heck are her breeds?

Bella

Barked: Tue Mar 12, '13 10:38am PST 
Any guesses would be appreciated.......
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Mar 13 9:49 am

Behavior & Training > Your dog/dogs best and worst breed-related trait?

Bella

Barked: Tue Feb 26, '13 7:55pm PST 
Yorkie

Best traits: great watch dog and vermin killer. Loves being with you or the family. Listen pretty well for not having a lot of training done. Great dog for walks, hikes or runs. Pretty calm in new environments. Accepting new dogs in the house from just even meeting them in the yard.

Worst traits: barking at unknown nosies, she is a maker worse then any boy dog I have seen she could mark 40 times on walk. Bad with kids I don't, blame her she is very small. Whining Bella whines every time she wants something. I tell my parents not to give in to her but they do. Demanding she wants to sleep on not one but two pillows on the couch bol. Severe separation anxiety she never wants to be left alone and cries like she is seriously hurt.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Okami Amaterasu, Mar 1 7:25 am

Small Dogs > Thoughts on hair bows for small breed males..
Bella

Barked: Fri Aug 24, '12 4:35pm PST 
Frankie I think if you want to try bows go ahead and try to get some boy colors for himway to go First I would get some topknot hair ties and pull his hair up and see how he does with that some dogs hate to have a bow and there hair being pulled up. But I think you can get him use to it and see how it goes!

It is nice having a girl to put girly hair bows in as you can see with Bella's photo but Bella does not wear them alot she really does not like them that much, so normally on special occasion she will wear them or for photo shoots. A website that I have bought bows off that I love is bowbizdogbows I only have a couple for Bella but they are really good quality and have a great selection
http://www.bowbizdogbows.com/

With Mozart when he was little and his hair would get long I would pull it up in a topnot and he never seemed to mind, I think he acutally would be better for wearing them then Bella. I might just have to get him one for his Birthdaysmile
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:52 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.