Postings by Roco

GO!

Behavior & Training > house broken accidents

Roco

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 6:52pm PST 
My first inside dog .... How do you bell train?
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gus, Feb 17 8:52 pm

Grooming > cute ideas for male shih tzu
Roco

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:07am PST 
Any cute ideas for male dogs?? I use bandanas regularly but am looking for something different. I would love a website with pics of cute ideas. I see all the Shih tzus with topknots & bows but where are the cute little boys at frown
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 8:25 pm

Grooming > staining

Roco

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:05am PST 
Suggestions for keeping a Shih tzu with a white face free of stains. He gets areas on his beard that turn rust colored.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Parsons Pearl of Twenty Nine P, Feb 20 9:58 pm

Behavior & Training > crying pup

Roco

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 8:03am PST 
I love my rescue doge! He has been with us for a month now & he is wonderful! He wants to stay with me at all times. If I leave the room & he can not get to me he simply cries. He can be in the room with the rest of my family. They try & pet him, play with him etc but he will immediately get down and lay on the floor and cry until I return or until they take him to me. I am flattered that he loves me but I want him to be happy with everyone. Any suggestions???
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Roco, Feb 17 8:03 am

Behavior & Training > house broken accidents

Roco

Barked: Fri Feb 17, '12 7:59am PST 
I rescued my 1 year old shih tzu poodle mix from a local shelter. He was already house broken and has done well for the most part. He is crated and I take him out immediately when he first gets up. He is in an inside play area during the day & I take him out immediately when I return home. When we are home , He is on a very long leash attached in my living room so he does not have free run of the house. I decided to do this because there were a few times that he snuck out of the room , ran upstairs & pooped frown he has done very good as long as he is leashed. However, if he is not on a leash .....instead of telling me he has to go out ,he will sneak to another room & poop. Suggestions for solving my sneaky pooper?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gus, Feb 17 8:52 pm

Dog Health > Vomiting many times in one day HELP
Roco

Barked: Thu Feb 16, '12 11:21am PST 
He has made a 100% recovery! He seems to feel great. I have stopped all new foods and I have introduced the Blue Buffalo again. I plan to let him eat that for a week and see how he does. If he is eating well & using the bath room ok do you think he could still have a blockage? I don't mind spending the $ on a vet, but Im reallly broke right now lol. By the way ...I will never allow my boy to have raw hide again! smile Thanks again for all your help!!!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 22 7:26 am

Dog Health > Vomiting many times in one day HELP

Roco

Barked: Wed Feb 15, '12 6:19am PST 
My Shih Poo started vomiting at 7am and continued until 8:30 Sunday night. ( No diarrhea or bowl movements at all during this time) He vomited a total of 18-20 times during this time. He would not eat or drink. He became so weak he could hardly walk. It was obvious he was in pain. I could even see his stomach go into spasms. I was prepared to take him to the vet the following morning. The next morning he drank about 2 tablespoons of water. He continued to improve slowly. I called the vet and decided to give him 24 hours before I took him in. He has continued to improve and now 2 days later he is 100% better and back to normal. I am puzzled. He has been eating Blue Buffalo for about 1 week, he had been eating new pepperoni doggie treats for 2 days, he eats raw hide bones. Any suggestions??? I want to make sure I prevent this from happening again. He is an inside dog. He only goes outside when he is on a leash so I know he has not eaten anything foreign outside. He does not roam freely through my house , I do not have house plants, rat poison etc in my home. As you can see I have tried to think of everything to keep him safe. What is going on????
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Feb 22 7:26 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.