Postings by Tucker

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Behavior & Training > 2 year old Bichonpoo biting/growling when picked up.
Tucker

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 12:41pm PST 
Our sweet Tucker has been showing some troubling behavior and I am very concerned. He is becoming less and less tolerant of being picked up or moved by my teenage sons and husband. He will show his teeth and more and more often he will snap at them. This occurs mostly when he is cozy with me.
How should we react and address it when this happens? I LOVE this dog so much and want to feel confident with his behavior.
Thanks everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kali, Jan 17 5:22 pm

Behavior & Training > 2 year old Bichonpoo biting/growling when picked up.
Tucker

Barked: Fri Jan 17, '14 12:39pm PST 
Our sweet Tucker has been showing some troubling behavior and I am very concerned. He is becoming less and less tolerant of being picked up or moved by my teenage sons and husband. He will show his teeth and more and more often he will snap at them. This occurs mostly when he is cozy with me.
How should we react and address it when this happens. I LOVE this dog so much and want to feel confident with his behavior.
Thanks everyone.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Jan 17 12:39 pm

Dog Health > gross, BUTT (haha) have to ask...Anal Secretions, when to be concerned

Tucker

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 7:08pm PST 
We have a one year old very healthy and happy Bichon Poo. Occasionally, he has a foul smelling secretion from his back side. He does not scoot, has no redness or swelling or any other symptoms of anal gland infection. Is this normal? Should I just keep doggie wipes handy and clean him up? Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Oct 12 12:39 am

Puppy Place > Happy happy BITER!

Tucker

Barked: Thu Jun 14, '12 1:51pm PST 
thank you so much for the advice. It is a little difficult to ignore when the nipping/jumping is a.painful and b.destructive to clothing, but we will try. He actually seemed a bit better today! Maybe the vet is right after all!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jun 15 9:17 pm

Puppy Place > Happy happy BITER!

Tucker

Barked: Wed Jun 13, '12 1:47pm PST 
Tucker is doing so well. ADORABLE, housebroken, funny, healthy - in every way the perfect 9 month old puppy with one HUGE exception. He gets so excited when he sees us walk through the door or meets someone new that he bites. He isn't aggressive or angry, rather it's like he is so happy he just doesn't know what else to do. We have tried EVERYTHING the "experts" recommend - yelping, clamping down on the jaw, sharp loud reprimands, rocks in a soda can, etc, etc, etc. The vet thinks he will outgrow it, but I'm not so sure. My husband is going to buy a shock collar if we cannot see some progress and as much as I am against that, I cannot think of what else to do. Any help would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sonny, Jun 15 9:17 pm

Puppy Place > Recovering from being neutered...so sad
Tucker

Barked: Fri Mar 9, '12 7:13pm PST 
Thanks everyone!!
I am finding it IMPOSSIBLE to keep him as calm as the vet dictated we should. He is a 5 month old puppy!!! I am so freaked out that he is going to pop a stitch, but part of me thinks - if he hasn't done it by now, he's not going to, but...
believe me, I have considered the benadryl option, but he is so little at 11 lbs, I wouldn't dare try to guess the dosage. He is feeling FINE which I guess is part of the problem. Not letting him run, jump or climb for TEN DAYS!!! Just not reality, though we are trying!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Mar 12 11:44 am

Tucker

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 8:34am PST 
Thanks everyone! He most definitely needs the cone. He tries to get at the incision every chance he gets. I do take it off when I am holding him, but part of me just wants him to get used to it and have to accept it so he isn't trying to get it off all the time. So tough. I know he will be ok, I just needed some reassurance. If he doesn't calm down with it, I will call the vet to see about another pain med. Thanks again!
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Mar 12 11:44 am

Tucker

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 6:48am PST 
Tucker was neutered yesterday and he just seems so miserable. Nothing to call the vet about, just very uncomfortable and pitiful in his "Cone of Shame" It is going to be very difficult to keep him from running and jumping and biting at the incision for TEN DAYS!!! Oh my goodness! I just need some moral support and encouragement. I was up with him at 4 this morning and am hoping it will get better sooner than later...
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Sirius Padfoot Black, Mar 12 11:44 am

Puppy Place > lifting leg...in the house??

Tucker

Barked: Sat Mar 3, '12 1:02pm PST 
Thanks everybody. He hasn't tried it since yesterday afternoon and we do keep a very close eye on him. It was just so out of character, but we will do our best to catch him before...you know.puppy
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Mar 3 1:02 pm

Puppy Place > lifting leg...in the house??
Tucker

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:47pm PST 
Tucker has been doing AWESOME with house training. No accidents and ringing his bell when he needs to go out for several weeks now. We are very proud of him! Tonight, right in front of us, he lifted his leg next to my son's backpack. We caught him before...you know, and took him out right away. But this was just odd. Is this due to his age - almost 6 months? Is this starting to mark? He is scheduled to be neutered next Wednesday. What do you think?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tucker, Mar 3 1:02 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.