Postings by Fenrir

GO!

Service & Therapy Dogs > Not sure if my service dog is full breed

Fenrir

FENNARRRRRRR

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 7:06pm PST 
I tried to post in the German Shepherd forums and my post was deleted for some reason. At first it didn't receive any replies and when I went to look for it, I didn't see it at all. I didn't say anything rude. And thanks for the compliments! I'm just a bit upset because I don't like being lied to. But I'm very happy with my pup! He is 5 months and is as big as a full grown Siberian Husky! He is goofy and very smart. I honestly think he is a G.S. His dad and mom had papers. I just don't know how to claim he is a purebred when there are different lines of G.S if you get what I'm saying lol! I don't want to lie and say is his if he isn't but I often have police officers adoring how big he is and they even tell me he looks like he would do awesome if he was a working dog on the force! cheer
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Apr 29 11:51 am

Service & Therapy Dogs > Not sure if my service dog is full breed
Fenrir

FENNARRRRRRR

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 3:21pm PST 
frown I was told that my "German Shepherd" is actually mixed with an East-European Shepherd. If that is the case then it had to be from his dad but the mom was German. Would that mean he's a mutt? Even though they are still considered German shepherds? shrug It's confusing because he looks exactly like a German Shepherd but just a lot taller and muscular.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Crazy Sadie Lady, Apr 29 11:51 am

Dog Health > Comfortis gave my baby horrible side affects!

Fenrir

FENNARRRRRRR

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '12 9:20pm PST 
[UPDATE] Thank you all! Unfortunately they went back on their word a bite about paying for some parts of the blood work test they said they would cover and we ended up paying a lot confused wasn't too happy about that. We are now going to be moving from FL because we don't like the surplus of fleas here. Wasn't a problem in my birth state Tenn. And Fritz, I don't blame the medication, but the results I was pissed about. It just seems as if a lot of medications are bad for animals along with vets even stating that. Fleas just end up gaining an immunity to the meds and come back with a vengance to some animals. I was given a new product that is about to hit the markets worldwide that is biodegradable and is supported by 800 vets so far. We used the product on Okami before and it killed the fleas on her and outside. I want to say the name of it but I don't know if I would be sued over it lol. Anyways she is recovering from a huge hotspot she had on her as well from the fleas biting her a ton before dying. 300 dollar vet billfrown but worth it for my baby cloud 9
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 4:09 pm

Fenrir

FENNARRRRRRR

Barked: Fri Jan 27, '12 10:44am PST 
[UPDATE] She has been taken to the vet today. The Company is paying for her exam and blood work. Her skin was so badly infected that it's starts from the top of her head on down to her shoulder blades and upper part of her back, and it has a horrible smell. She was falling asleep while sitting down today as she was looking at me. It was so sad frown She hasn't been able to sleep right for 2 days since it started. We have no car so we couldn't get her there fast enough. We had to leave her at the vet and will be picking her up soon. I hope she gets better. We were given some bad news when they company told me that her having lethargy for over 72 hrs after comsumtion of the pill is bad. I hope I didn't make the biggest mistake of my life giving her that pill.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 4:09 pm

Fenrir

FENNARRRRRRR

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 3:54am PST 
frown Let me start off by saying, I'm aware that some dogs do great on this drug, but mine didn't.

We took our very healthy and hyper Okami to the vet in petsmart yesterday. We did give her an exam and made sure she was fine, nothing different on our side. But we live in Florida, Moving soon thank goodness, and this is flea and mosquito heaven. Upon the exam and showing that she was A-Ok, we got the medicine Comfortis because I had heard how great the pill was. The vet told me she may throw up after comsumption about a hr or so later....

Well, when we got home, we gave her a huge meaty meal. Then about 30 mins later we gave her the pill with bread, as the vet said to do. Everything was fine for the first hour, She didn't throw up so we thought we were in the clear and that she just had a strong stomach. How wrong we were. About 4 hrs after taking the pill, she started slowly walking around as if she ran for hours and had no water. She wasn't eating her 2nd meal, which she usually finishes off within 5 mins. And it progressively got worse where she just can't stand being on her feet. She keeps on shaking herself like when they shake water off, but her legs are too weak to stay in place while she does and she slides all over the place.

She won't go outside to use the bathroom and about 8 hrs later what we thought was sweat turned out to be red slimy itchy spots that she will not stop scratching and she is making them huge. We called the company and let them know about what was going on and the kind lady I spoke with told me that a LOT of people have been calling about that same thing happening to their dogs. 2 dogs even died! They were older dogs.

She gave me a case number and told me to call back if the condition worses but I needed to take her to the vet. We aren't able to take her to the vet until the weekend when we get paid. confused I don't even know what to do until she can get to the vet but for the itching. Does anyone know what a good remedy would be for that? I think I should get a cone for her because she just will not stop scratching it.
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 4:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.