Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

Raw Food Diet > Beginner's Guide To Prey Model Raw
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:45am PST 
Bump!!puppy
[notify]
» There has since been -2 posts. Last posting by , Mar 13 1:59 am

Raw Food Diet > So you are interested in feeding raw ...
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:44am PST 
Bump!!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been -19919.8 posts. Last posting by Obi, Jan 13 9:15 am

Raw Food Diet > ground bone

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue Jun 4, '13 10:42am PST 
I was told the same thing about Hula. She had terrible allergies and was told by the vet that not only do I haev to buy Science Diet prescription food, but she will need steroid shots for the rest of her life. I knew there had to be a better way. I contact a friend of mine who has 2 pitties with allergies and she got me started on raw. I started with chicken quarters for the first two weeks then slowly added another meat while decreasing the chicken. After a month I started to slowly add organs. I've never ground bone for her and she's not had any issues. I avoid choking hazards like chicken necks, cut pork beck bones, and chicken wings. I also avoid weight bearing bones of bigger livestock because they can be teeth breakers. There are some great posts about starting raw feeding on this forum. I'll see if we can bump it up for you. It's been 1 1/2 years since we started and Hula has not been to the vet since.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Babe, Jun 5 4:52 am

Raw Food Diet > Bones

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 11:32am PST 
Chicken, duck, pork ribs, rabbit.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Crash Dynamite, Jun 1 12:21 am

Food & Nutrition > Nature's Variety Instinct --> Dark green stools.

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Wed May 29, '13 8:18am PST 
I compaired the ingredients and Instinct has dried alfalfa as one of the top ingredients, then sea kelp a little further down. Acana does not have those ingredients. It's probably the alfalfa that's doing it.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Baby, May 30 3:09 pm

Raw Food Diet > you know you are a raw feeder when....
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Tue May 28, '13 7:10am PST 
When you do the happy dance because you found chicken feet and duck heads on special.hamster dance
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Hank, Jun 5 6:17 am

Puppy Place > What breeds?

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Wed May 15, '13 5:55am PST 
She looks alot like my pit boxer mix, Hula. But, like PPs said, it's really hard to tell at this age. Whatever she is, she sure is cute!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by The Boys, May 18 8:54 pm

Raw Food Diet > What are you all doing to actually save any money on raw? Cause it costs me more

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 7:19am PST 
Do you have any international, asian, hispanic grocers in your area? I went to our local international market yesterday and got 3 porks hearts - $5, hunk of beef heart - $5, 6 pork kidneys - .70, beef sweetbreads (thymus) - $3, and a 3lb pork shoulder - $6. That is all for Hula who only gets about 10 oz. a day. Should last me a month. Now Roxy just started raw and is currently eating chicken quarters. Got a 10lb bag of quarters for $6 at Walmart - and they aren't enhanced which can be hard to find. I also get bulk turkey from a local poultry farm for $1 a lb. Check with your local meat processors too.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Chance, May 6 2:36 pm

Raw Food Diet > What are you all doing to actually save any money on raw? Cause it costs me more

Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 6:06am PST 
Do you have any international, asian, hispanic grocers in your area? I went to our local international market yesterday and got 3 porks hearts - $5, hunk of beef heart - $5, 6 pork kidneys - .70, beef sweetbreads (thymus) - $3, and a 3lb pork shoulder - $6. That is all for Hula who only gets about 10 oz. a day. Should last me a month. Now Roxy just started raw and is currently eating chicken quarters. Got a 10lb bag of quarters for $6 at Walmart - and they aren't enhanced which can be hard to find. I also get bulk turkey from a local poultry farm for $1 a lb. Check with your local meat processors too.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chance, May 6 2:36 pm

Food & Nutrition > Large Breed puppy food
Hula

This is MY- stuffie!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 11:52am PST 
After reading a previous post regarding large breed puppy food, I realized I might be feeding my 4mo pup the wrong kind of food. When we initally rescued Roxy, we were told she was a pit-bull. Figuring she would be in the 40 lb range, I started her on Wellness Core for puppies. Well, she is now 17 weeks and at a whopping 50lbs. Not sure what breed she actually is - but she's gonna be big. So that being said, any reccomendations for large breed puppy food?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Roxy, May 1 5:47 am

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.