Postings by Finnley

GO!

Dogs and a Clean Home > hidden odor or behavior problem?

Finnley

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 7:33pm PST 
We have a 5mo puppy that for all intents and purposes seems housebroken. When we first got her we realized she kept going to the same area so we blocked it off and she'd been accident free for almost 2 months. Today I decided it had been long enough to try again to let her have access to those rooms. I have cleaned them over and over with several enzyme cleaners. Within 2 hours she had "used" the room rather than whine to go outside like normal. We just moved into this home and I know the previous residents had several pets. Does my dog smell something in the hardwood that we cannot that cause her to keep frequenting that area? What can I do about it? Tomorrow I'm going to try plain peroxide to see how that works.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Apr 7 9:07 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > Help! The cats keep teasing me!
Finnley

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 7:17pm PST 
thanks for your replies! Finnley is still chasing the cats but isn't pulling their tails anymore. I think the cats enjoy the attention and the game of it. It'll soon be warm enough they can all go play outside and stop chasing through the house!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Finnley, Mar 4 7:17 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > Help! The cats keep teasing me!

Finnley

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:59am PST 
We have three cats, two who are almost a year old, and a Catahoula puppy. The old cat has established boundaries for the kittens and the dog and is not up to their foolishness. The kittens, however, want to play with the dog. They'll flop down right in front of where she's walking so she has to step over them or, more likely, start playing with them. They are a mess, they run and chase and use every surface as a playground. The cats can easily get away from the dog, we have dog-free zones. They are deliberately teasing her. Do I let this go on? How do I stop it? Will the dog eventually hurt them? Right now she's the one coming away with the battle scars. Will she eventually learn to stay away from them? Help?!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Finnley, Mar 4 7:17 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > How big do you think he will be?

Finnley

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:51am PST 
there are several calculators online to help you determine the adult size of your pup. A larger dog may need to be a little older for a more accurate guess, though. Our Houla puppy was 12 lbs at 12 weeks and is 26 at 4mo. The guesstimate for her is about 78lbs adult weight. Time will tell!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Apr 14 3:17 pm

Catahoula Leopard Dog > Biting

Finnley

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:47am PST 
It's been a while since your post so I hope you have resolved the issue. We have the same problem, our puppy (4mo) is constantly biting at us. We have been consistently saying "Ouch" to her when she so much as puts her mouth on us. She has almost stopped and when she does slip and do it, we say ouch and she will usually follow it with a lick. Ouch seems to work, it doesn't come out sounding very friendly so the tone helps as much as anything. Hope you're getting along better!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Finnley, Jan 23 7:47 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.