Postings by Bandit

GO!

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Do I need to add supplements to home cooked meals

Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 7:08pm PST 
Great, thanks so much for info. I'll check out the local pet store, hopefully they'll have some of these essential vitamins. If not perhaps I can order them online. dog
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Maxwell, Jan 27 7:29 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Do I need to add supplements to home cooked meals
Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Thu Jan 26, '12 2:12am PST 
At the moment I cook Bandit Kangaroo mince which is nice and lean, add a tin of peas and corn, grated carrot, sometimes grated brocolli, and either rice or pasta.
Should I be adding supplements as well? e.g. calcium. if so can somebody explain why this is necessary?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, Jan 27 7:29 am

Dog Health > Vomiting straight after eating

Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 5:18pm PST 
Thanks for your responses.
I don't think it would be allergy related as she has been loving my home cooked doggy dinners since she's been with us, with no complaints. Thanks for the suggestion though.
And the vet diagnosed the rash as chaffing whilst wet. She plays in water a bit which makes perfect sense.
My partner and I thought it may have possibly been an obstruction.
We gave her breakfast this mornning and made sure she ate it slowly. She was fine and didn't choke or heave and certainly has her appetite which is very pleasing. Now I'm just worried that if it was an obstruction it might have passed through to her tummy and get stuck there. But she has a follow up appointment for the rash on Tuesday so we can just keep an eye on her.

Thanks for your help!snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 20 9:19 am

Dog Health > Vomiting straight after eating

Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Thu Jan 19, '12 1:24am PST 
Last night and this morning Bandit seemed low in energy and not her usual cheerful self. Due to a rash she's developed I booked her into the vet for tonight.
She had her breakfast, scoffing it down as she always does, but not even a quarter way through she started crying very loudly and heaving and eventually vomited, twice.
After a bit I gave her some yoghurt to settle her tummy, and then a bit later tried her on her food again only for a repeat of the first time.
Later again more yoghurt which she kept down each time. Then toward the afternoon I gave her some more of her breakfast and she didn't bring it back up.
Towards her vet appointment she finally perked up and was her lively self again. He agreed it may have just been a bug and mainly focussed on her rash.
Now we're home again and gave her some dinner only for a repeat.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's extremely distressing seeing her in so much pain.
We're waiting for a 'Scoff stopper' bowl in the mail, but I feel like this is unrelated.. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 20 9:19 am

Behavior & Training > Gutting Toys - Puppy phase?

Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 4:37pm PST 
I've given Bandit a number of toys with stuffing in them which she has destroyed within minutes and absoloutely loves gutting them and ripping every piece of stuffing from them.
I allowed her to do this for a while thinking it was a natural puppy thing that she needed out of her system, possibly teething related.
Now I am worried I have created a bad habit.
Does anyone know if this is in fact just a phase? And if so how I can keep it as that and make sure it doesn't become a bad habit down the track?
Her other toys have been shredded too and she's even tried it on her bed but gets in trouble for that much.
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jan 21 7:20 am

New to Dogster/Tips & Tricks > New to Dogster!
Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 4:20pm PST 
Hi Everyone, my name is Bandit and I'm new to Dogster.
My Mum has been using this site to get a lot of great info on how to take care of me.
Let's be pup pals. And if anyone is in our local area we'd love to catch up for some play dates!
snoopy
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Buster (1996-2008), Feb 7 2:59 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Peanut Butter and Carrot Biscuits!

Bandit

The Sock Bandit

Barked: Wed Jan 18, '12 4:13pm PST 
The link doesn't work for me.. Can you please write the recipe in here?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bogie, Feb 12 1:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.