GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Puppy Place > Learning a Siberian Husky puppy that it isn't okay to bite.
Luna

Barked: Tue Dec 31, '13 2:48am PST 
I've had Luna since she was 3 weeks old. So once upon a time I was in your shoes when it comes to the biting thing. The trick I found most useful is the peanut butter game (WARNING: It can be a bit messy.) Put some peanut butter on your hand and let Jin lick the peanut butter off your hand. As long as he is licking repeat Good dog, good boy; whatever positive vocal reinforcement you use. The minute he starts to bite take the peanut butter away from him for 5 minutes or so. Then let him lick it some more. And so on and so forth. This has worked for all my foster puppies, my huskies and dachshund. Also 20 minutes of walking is not enough especially for a husky puppy. They need about an hour walk 2x a day. Or take them to the dog park for an hour.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Dec 31 2:48 am

Puppy Place > My 4-week old husky pups smell & feel disgusting. Bathing suggestions?
Luna

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 12:43am PST 
when I had my orphan puppies I use to bathe them every day or every other day depending on the smell of the pups and how gritty their fur was with diluted puppy shampoo and warm water. Then I towel dried them as much as i could and used a blow dryer that has the medium, cool, and hot settings. I used the medium setting to keep the puppies from getting too hot but to the point where it dried their fur.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by , Jan 24 7:31 pm

Siberian Husky > Luna turned a year!!!

Luna

Barked: Fri Jan 4, '13 2:48am PST 
So the end of 2012 was very busy for my fur family and I but thought I should let everyone know that Luna had turned a year on December 22, 2012. She has definitely grown to be a beautiful husky. When I got her she was only 3 weeks old. I know too young to be going away from her mom and siblings. But since I'm a vet tech I thought her health was at stake and she was better off with me than with the guy who called himself a breeder. When I bought her, all of her siblings were gone. So I asked the guy why he was selling the pups so young instead of keeping them with the mother for another 5 weeks. And he told me that the mother stopped feeding them and was rejecting the whole litter. So it's obvious that he hadn't done the research on what to do when the mother rejects the litter. When he told me this I had noticed that she already had her milk teeth and it came to me that the mother was starting to wean her pups. I asked him what he was feeding the pups since the mom rejected the litter and he told me that he had been feeding the pups dairy milk (the milk that we humans drink!) I automatically thought that she was better off with me. So I took her and weaned her myself. She had taken up the gruel I made for her immediately. I had taken her to my vet the same day I bought her to make sure she was healthy. And to my surprise she was! When she turned 8 weeks, I took her for her first round of shots, got her dewormed and had a parvo test done. She tested negative for parvo. Thank god for that. Thankfully she has no health problems to this day. She is now 50lbs.

Luna - 3 weeks
Luna - 3 weeks
Luna - 5 weeks
Luna - 8 weeks
Luna - 10 weeks
Luna - 12 weeks
Mishka and Luna
Luna - 3 months
Luna - 4.5 months
too big for her puppy bed
Luna - 8 months
Smile your on candid camera
Finally 1 year!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 5 8:11 am

Puppy Place > Luna turns 1 year old today!!! Happy Bithday Baby Girl!!!

Luna

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '12 2:52am PST 
Luna has turned out to be a stunning and smart girl since the day I brought her home. I can't believe she is a year today. How the time has flown by.

Baby Luna - 3 weeks old

Baby Luna - 3 weeks old

3 weeks

fell asleep during her breakfast - 4 weeks

5 weeks

5 weeks

8 weeks

8 weeks

Luna and Mishka - 8 weeks

10 weeks

10 weeks

12 weeks old

Mishka and luna in bed together

13 weeks

3 months

4.5 months

Too big for her old bed

8 months and 3 days

Smile! your on candid camera!

Finally 1 year!

Hope you all enjoy the photo montage of Luna!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Dec 22 11:07 pm

Siberian Husky > Curly Tail or no curly tail

Luna

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 9:25am PST 
Luna's tail isn't carried over the back. It's a very loose curl. I've seen some huskies that are being shown where there tails are relaxed and not being carried over the back. It's all very confusing when you stop to think and ask your self is my huskies tail proper or improper just because you see so many tails that are not spitz like.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 14 9:37 am

Siberian Husky > Your Huskies weight and Age?
Luna

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 8:17am PST 
Too bad we don't live in the same city otherwise we could celebrate our birthdays together smile Not sure how tall luna is at the withers as I haven't measured her.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Nov 5 5:45 pm

Dog Health > Heat question

Luna

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 5:32am PST 
I live in an apartment for right now (just to save money for a house). So as it is I already take Luna out on a leash. I don't allow other dogs passing by get near her just because idk how that dog is going to react to Luna (she's still very puppy like and thinks everyone wants to play with her). And because she gets so distracted so easily half the time she forgets what she's outside for BOL big laugh But anywho's I do have an intact male dachshund in the house as well. So far since she started her heat he hasn't followed her or tried sniffing/licking her lady parts. Luna has constant supervision and when she doesn't have supervision she goes into a crate behind a closed door. When we leave the apartment since we can't supervise them, Luna goes in a crate behind a closed door to ensure there will be no courtship happening. Even when we sleep she's in a crate. Boomer will be getting neutered sometime this upcoming month.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Sep 29 6:00 pm

Luna

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 5:20am PST 
Thanks Onyx. I knew dogs were in heat for at least 3 weeks. But I also know that female dogs are all different and so are their cycles. I was told by someone at the dog park to avoid taking her for at least 4 - 5 months.. To me that's quite a long time to wait to take her to the park. A month and a half isn't so bad though.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 6:00 pm

Luna

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 3:16am PST 
My female husky pup started her first heat yesterday. I am well aware of the stages of heat and what goes on in the specific stages of heat. My question is when is it safe and okay to take her to the dog park after her heat. I've never owned an intact female before. I don't want her to have an unplanned breeding so in order to exercise her i've been taking her on walks.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Sep 29 6:00 pm

Puppy Place > Weaning Puppies
Luna

Barked: Tue Aug 14, '12 11:36am PST 
Just a quick question on weaning. Right now they are a week and a day old so I know they are not ready. just wanting info early to prepare myself when it is time to wean. When it's time to wean my orphan puppies from the puppy formula should I use the cheap brand of purina puppy chow or should I use a premium puppy food like wellness or blue buffalo? Also should I start weaning them when they are 3 1/2 weeks old or wait til they're 4 weeks old? I read on the internet that premium puppy foods are too high in protein to wean puppies from? Is that true. When I got luna when she was 3 weeks old i was feeding her earthborn holistic puppy food and she seemed to do great on it. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 4:22 am

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.