(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Dog Health > Canine Epileptoid Cramping Syndrome (CECS) or Partial Seizures
Theo

The Most- Interesting Pom- in the World

Barked: Mon Aug 4, '14 9:10am PST 
Canine Epileptoid Cramping Syndrome (CECS) or Partial Seizures

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canine_Epileptoid_Cramping_Syndrome

My 6 pound Pomeranian Theo (who is just 3 years old) just started having a series of full body cramping episodes. Half his body will cramp up, you can see the muscles all contorted and it lasts from 1-3 minutes and he looks like he is in a lot of pain. It doesn’t look like a typical seizure. I’ve taken him to two different vets and we’re still trying to figure it out but they think it may just be partial seizures.

Does anyone have experience with CECS or Partial Seizures? Or the medication listed below?

The vets current diagnosis: Partial focal/motor seizures: suspect idiopathic epilepsy

Medication: Keppra (250mg tablets): Give 1⁄4 tablet every 8-12 hours (2-3 times /day). Ideally Keppra is given every 8 hours, we will see how he does receiving it every 12 hours. We may need to adjust his dose if his focal seizures are not controlled at this dose. Most common side effect is lethargy/sedation.

I really don't want him feeling sedated all the time. This just started happening and it is heartbreaking. During the episodes, he tries to run to me and get me to pick him up and he looks so terrified.

HELP
cry
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Theo, Aug 4 9:10 am

Pomeranian > Dog Smiles- a thread for Happy Poms!
Theo

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:23pm PST 
Ah, I love Kip’s expressions!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Kip-Kip, Sep 19 8:43 pm

Pomeranian > Pommy Shampoo?

Theo

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:22pm PST 
Hi Pommy Friends! What shampoo and conditioner do you recommend for giving your Pom’s baths and how often do you bathe? I want to make sure I am not drying out Theo’s coat. thinking

We use Tropicana shampoo but I heard Plum Silky is amazing. Has anyone tried that? Thanks!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Elegance Wild and Fancy Free, Jul 11 10:56 pm

Pomeranian > Say Hello to Apple

Theo

Barked: Tue Apr 24, '12 2:21pm PST 
Welcome, Apple! You are cute.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MACH, C-ATCH Bailey RN, CGCA, Apr 26 8:06 am

Pomeranian > Need advise on young pom puppy, plz

Theo

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '12 2:01pm PST 
Aww, so happy it all worked out for you!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, Apr 2 4:39 pm

Pomeranian > Need advise on young pom puppy, plz
Theo

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '12 1:21pm PST 
hm, this is a tough situation. I don't think a reputable breeder would ever do that. Accidents happen but this could be a sign of a bad breeder who only cares about money and not the dogs' welfare. If she is a careless breeder, your dog can also come with health issues along with being taken away from the mother too soon. Maybe you should go with another breeder? If you have your heart set on that puppy, then I would call your local vet and tell them the situation and see if you are missing anything. You should also schedule a visit with them anyway to have your pup examined. I got my Pom at 10 weeks and I felt that might have been too soon. I can't imagine 8!

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, Apr 2 4:39 pm

Pomeranian > Pommie Bathtime Thread!!

Theo

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '12 1:15pm PST 
Aw, thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Cam, May 3 9:19 pm

Pomeranian > Pommie Bathtime Thread!!

Theo

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '12 11:40am PST 
Kip and Oogie are too cute! How did you post that pic?

Here is one of my Theo:
http://modernpawrent.blogspot.com/2012/03/theos-shampoo-condi tioner.html

Haha, he looks like a wet rat! Though he doesn't like baths or the blow dryer, he is a good tolerater. haha
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Cam, May 3 9:19 pm

Pomeranian > Pomeranian Hair Cuts

Theo

Barked: Thu Mar 15, '12 11:11am PST 
I love, love, love the pommy bear cut!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Theo, Mar 15 11:11 am

Pomeranian > I'm thinking of getting a pomeranian!!
Theo

Barked: Thu Feb 23, '12 9:25am PST 
Hi! I would suggest buying the book “Pomeranians for Dummies”. No, I am not insulting you. I bought this book too! It has all the basic breed-specific information you need to know about raising a Pomeranian. Then, if you are getting a puppy, I would read Cesar Milan’s book, “How to Raise the Perfect Puppy”. I read both of these books before purchasing my Pom pup and they really helped me.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Molly, Feb 23 11:29 am

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.