Postings by Cookie

GO!

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Raw Food Diet > Feeding Small Dogs Correctly
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 7:40am PST 
chicken wing drumettes are good small version of drumstick, plus the other part of the wing.

2 oz isn't so bad if you have a 5 lb or less dog.
my dog is 9 pounds and she eats ~3 oz a day. she's a foodie so I always have long lasting chews around for her and I let her keep the raw bones that she couldn't finish. she's gnawing on one right now. they aren't messy anymore since she already stripped the meat off. and I don't worry about them sitting out because she's a dog and they eat raw bones that keep buried in the ground. so I don't mind them sitting out in the house.

you can feed more on some day and less on other.
start at 2 oz and try feeding more and she if it's okay. if they start to gain weight fast, it's too much.

you can add fresh veggies to their meal to help them feel full without adding extra calories/fat
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Sep 26 7:40 am

Raw Food Diet > Insects?!
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Sep 26, '13 7:33am PST 
my previous dog liked to eat cicadas, all the parts but the wings. cicadas are big too. and they would be buzzing around. I don't know how she caught them. She was an outside dog. a small outside dog, around 14 pounds. and she ate cicadas!

my current dog won't eat bugs. I always sic her on crickets and grasshoppers and those gross little geckos but she just paws at them and will spit things out if they feel funny.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Silly, Sep 28 8:21 pm

Grooming > avoderm doesn't supply ingredient list, frustrating

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Aug 3, '13 9:59am PST 
yes I have frown
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 9:40 am

Grooming > avoderm doesn't supply ingredient list, frustrating

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Aug 2, '13 5:17pm PST 
I needed a good dog conditioner for my dog who has dry skin and coat most the time.
I was surprised that avoderm didn't list ingredients on their product. Why would you buy something without knowing what it is?

I emailed them and they won't give it out. They will tell you if something specific is in it but they won't say what, they will just say "some of the things you listed are"

I want to know what percent is actual good stuff and not just water. So I know what I am paying for.

I understand the whole keeping your recipe a secret or whatever they think they are doing. but can't they just put a patent on it and be like every other product and tell the customers their ingredients?

I really had high hopes for their product but I don't want to use products blindly. and I'm frustrated that they won't even give a paying customer information about the product.

anyway. anybody else been through this at all?
anyone use avoderm's shampoo/conditioner?
anyone to suggest other good dog conditioners? really good stuff. not mostly water.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Aug 8 9:40 am

Puppy Place > Puppy Peeing

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:17pm PST 
what everyone else said. throw a party when she goes pee outside. take her outside A LOT so she has plenty of chances to go.
dogs have no sense that they should go pee outside. you have to set up a giant reward in order to encourage them to go outside. something they will remember. that's the only way to get them to start trying to go outside to pee.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jun 30 2:19 pm

Puppy Place > I'm Really Done... Puppy Biting!
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:13pm PST 
this behavior is all completely normal. this is what puppies do.
you just have to be consistent in teaching her good behaviors and also she should be confined when not being watched. if your pens and gates aren't working at keeping her confined and away from things she should not have, find something that does work.

Bully sticks are great for teething puppies, the dogs love them and they last a long time. Stop letting the pup have inappropriate things and put something in her mouth to chew on already.
you can also give a big frozen carrot.

having a puppy is like having a baby, you just need to watch it all the time.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jul 8 9:12 pm

Small Dogs > Need help determining her breed? Please...

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:09pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss frown

I looked at her pics and she reminds me a lot of my dog, who is a dachshund chihuahua mix. She had the arched back, same face, same ears.
Did she like to tunnel in the covers, sit/stand up on her hand legs ? chiweenies are masters at tunneling.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Hucky and Ringo, Aug 16 12:21 pm

Raw Food Diet > Does Anyone Know Of Any Online Places That Sell Raw Pet Food?

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 6:01pm PST 
uh, I don't know about whole animals, but I have ordered plenty of raw from www.reelrawdog.com
I like them
I think they are worth checking out
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Delta, Jul 18 12:25 pm

Puppy Place > I'm Really Done... Puppy Biting!

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 9:46pm PST 
when my puppy was learning not to bite, all I had to do was shove a toy in her mouth whenever she got bitey. she learned that biting the toy turned into play time with me.
biting me, just made me stop playing.

just be aware of your dog. my dog is very shy and submissive, so yelping loudly does make her stop biting. but some dogs will hear your loud barking "NO" and think you are just playing around with them.

the best thing you can do for this in my opinion, is to get away from the pup when she bites you. wait a few seconds and try again. try approaching the puppy with a toy in one hand and your other hand bare, try to teach the dog to CHOOSE to bite the toy vs your hand by watching to see what she bites, if she tries to bite you, get away from her. then try again. the moment she chooses the toy, play with her a lot! you might have to try a few times before she chooses the toy, but once she does you can rest assured that the reward of you playing with her rather than leaving her will motivate her to make the same decision next time
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Piper, Jul 8 9:12 pm

Food & Nutrition > How often and what?
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 9:36pm PST 
I feed once a day, around 5:30 when I get home from work. I feed about 3 oz of raw meat or bones and organs. Cookie is 2 years old and weighs 8-9 lbs.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 4 6:32 pm

(Page 1 of 26: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.