Postings by Cookie

GO!

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Puppy Place > can dogs get first heat before loosing their baby teeth?
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Dec 18, '14 11:28am PST 
sorry if this is a stupid question

but my little ginger is 4 months next week and she hasn't got any loose teeth. i read they lose the front ones first so i keep checking but all 12 are still there.

i was planning on getting her spayed around 4 months before she can go into heat. but i thought having her spayed before she even grows her adult teeth might be too early.

any help here?
and pls dont start a big argument about when to spay. i know its controversial about when is the best time to spay. anyone's opinion's are fine, i want to hear them all, but pls dont talk down to each other.

my other dog who is 3 now was spayed at 4 months.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Fritz, Today 6:41 am

Raw Food Diet > How much do you spend on raw?
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '14 6:49am PST 
and how much does your dog(s) weigh?

I have two small dogs about 10 lbs adult weight

I was looking at this place that weighs, balances, and prepackages raw meals, including raw meaty bones. But it comes out to about 100 bucks a month. which is affordable but also expensive?? if you know what I mean. So I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or if I should keep buying from the grocery.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Pepper,Little Duke, KoaKoa, Fri 1:07 am

Raw Food Diet > Skin problems despite clean diet

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Tue Dec 16, '14 6:46am PST 
Hi Charlie, I think your dog is allergic to something. My roommates Lab/chow mix has the same skin issue, ends up in the cone A LOT. She told me he was allergic to the grass pollen outside. He will get red and bite his fur out until it bleeds a little and then he won't stop picking the scab so he gets the cone.

My little dog doesn't have allergies but she does get dry itching skin from being indoors.

besides adding omega 3s, coconut oil, vitamin E, avocado, etc to the diet

I recommend (or I used to, they recently switched around their ingredients and I'm a little frustrated) but Furminator makes the best dog conditioner I've ever used. It's all oils and natural stuff. It's the only conditioner I've found that doesn't have chemicals in it. I might look online to see if I can find another one though since Furminator recently made their product mostly water and make their bottle smaller. and they added fragrance and salt to the ingredient list for some reason ??? uhg it was perfect the way it was before..

but yeah, look for dog CONDITIONER, that is natural stuff, not alcohols and weird words you've never read before.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Thu 8:40 am

Behavior & Training > Help, new puppy bonding to older dog more than us?

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 12:56pm PST 
Thank you Megumi that was really helpful, and it's so good to here from someone who has been through it. I won't give up and I am going to try out 'together' training soon. But also make sure puppy gets here one on one time as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Nov 12 12:56 pm

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '14 5:44am PST 
yeah and my older dog enjoys chocolate and licking out peoples mouths, but I'm not looking to raise just happy dogs, I'm trying to raise well behaved dogs.
Training is extremely difficult when the dog wants nothing to do with you.
My older dog was very attached even as a puppy and does anything for me.
So this independent personality is really throwing me off frown She ran out of the room all the way to the living room as fast as she could the other day because she heard my roommate open the door to leave. I'm so scared because I got lucky with my last dog, she is a little velcro dog and would never run away, but I am scared that my new puppy is going to try and run away all the time.
UNLESS I do something about it like training, which I'm having a really hard time of because of her independent personality
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Nov 12 12:56 pm

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '14 5:00pm PST 
PS. the last post I made here was about my puppy showing teeth and I determined that she is not angry, she just has a very ugly bitey face. ha

Anyway, she's been with us about 2 weeks now. She's 10 weeks old. and My older dog is obsessed with her, and I was so glad they were getting a long, however it's become concerning! frown

you know how they say not to get two puppies at the same time because they will bond more with each other and it can hinder the bond between dog and person if they don't get a lot of one on one time.

Well I thought I'd be avoiding this since my older dog is almost 4 years old.
But my older dog wants to play with the puppy nonstop. The puppy has so much fun with her that she doesn't show interest in me and my bf.

It doesn't help that she's the most independent puppy I've ever known.

So I've come to the conclusion that I should separate the dogs for now so the puppy can practice interacting with humans instead of my dog.
It's really hard though, especially if I am the only one home. My older dog gets sad that she has to be in a crate or in the other room. She wants to play with the pup. and she's my baby so I it makes me sad. She so well behaved, she lays or sits nicely in the puppies crate even though she isn't a crated dog.

So I'm trying to play with the puppy as much as I can even though I can tell she doesn't enjoy it as much as wrestling and biting my other dog.

So if anyone has any tips or rules for this type of issue please help me.

I want the puppy to develop a very strong human-dog bond because she is so independent that training is hard and she does not want to come or follow easily. My other dog was so clingy all the time. I'm afraid if I can't train this puppy really well it's never going to listen and I'm scared about her trying to run away.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Cookie, Nov 12 12:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > 6 months in and puking yellow fluid

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 2:47pm PST 
idk why this thread is so old and has no replies, has this forum gone dead? :o

Anyway, puking stomach bile is common when starting raw. My dog did it, and it was because raw food goes through their digestive system fast (like it's meant to do). kibble and other processed junk stay in the digestive tract longer. When the dog feels it's empty stomach which it is not used to (cause it's used to being full of kibble mush) it can make them puke.
I can relate, sometimes I get hunger pangs really bad and it makes me feel like throwing up.
Ideally the dogs system will adjust and the empty stomach won't bother them after a while. So just keep watch.

On a side note, red meat is preferred over white meat when you can afford it. It is more nutritious. And if you're going to feed ground, don't forget to brush their teeth. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cujo, Nov 6 12:26 am

Raw Food Diet > 8 week old switch to raw

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Sat Nov 1, '14 2:38pm PST 
Hello, Cookie has a new little sister as of this week, the 8 week old chi named Ginger.
Cookie been on raw for 3 years now, I remember being on this forum a lot when starting, it was difficult sometimes.
So basically I have been doing raw for a while now, but I just wanted to make sure I do it right (again) with the pup.
any advice or tips would be helpful.

right now I have, natures variety raw lamb patties. Is this a good food to start her on? Should I allow her to have kibble too? certain treats? She has chicken and bully stick chews but I don't think those will be much of an issue since it's just meat.
I want to give her meaty bone soon, it will be good for the teeth and teething. But should I give her a week on the lamb patties before I try a chicken wing piece or something.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bongo, Nov 5 1:26 pm

Behavior & Training > tiny puppy showing teeth to older dog

Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 7:58pm PST 
Also I've only had this puppy for 1 day. She looks me in the eyes A LOT. is that normal? I feel like I need to set boundaries early with this one. Can anyone give tips on puppy boundaries.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Penny(2011-2014), Oct 31 9:28 am

Behavior & Training > tiny puppy showing teeth to older dog
Cookie

the chi-weenie

Barked: Thu Oct 30, '14 6:35pm PST 
puppy is chihuahua, around 8 weeks just got her. older dog is 3 yrs, chiweenie.

Earlier in the day puppy bared her teeth and snapped at Cookie for some reason. I'm not sure what that is all about. I'm hoping she was just cranky, but I'll be keeping my eye on the behavior.

She did show her teeth at my older dog again today. I'm a little worried, maybe she has a more dominant personality. Cookie is submissive sometimes, she rolls over for some dogs and she used to have peeing problems, but we fixed it by not leaning over her for a long time til she build her confidence. Anyway, sometimes when Cookie comes up to the pup to get the toy or just try to be the big dog, the puppy shows her teeth and acts mean. She is not scared of Cookie. I don't want them to fight over who is better. I read something about making sure my older dog gets everything first. Will that help the younger dog try not to dominate my older dog? All other sources are saying because she is so young that none of the behavior means anything. I'm a little worried because I read some nasty things about having two female dogs. but I felt the need to get another female because Cookie played best with female dogs in the past, and I personally have owned like all female dogs and I just prefer them.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Penny(2011-2014), Oct 31 9:28 am

(Page 1 of 28: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.