Postings by Charlie

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Dog Health > Metamucil, please read!!!
Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 7:43pm PST 
I just wanted to share what P&G told me. I still look for a solution for my own dog. What ever i try, we can't get rid of his anal gland issues, i was reading about Metamucil and thought about it but had to email P&G first, i wanna be on the safe side as well. I tried it all, canned pumpkin, canned green beans. Switching food. Nothing works. It's just depressing. Since over a year i really try my all to make it better, but i can't confused and the vet does not have any other solution so far than surgery, and i will NOT do this.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Nov 12 3:44 pm

Dog Health > Metamucil, please read!!!
Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Tue Nov 6, '12 12:18pm PST 
I emailed P&G regarding giving Metamucil to my dog with anal gland issues. I just got an email back from them, here is what P&G had to say asking me using it for a dog:

"Thanks for contacting Metamucil, Sonja.

We don't recommend using our products on pets. Instead, use a product specifically designed for animals. Check with your veterinarian for advice.

I hope this helps.

MaryAnn
Metamucil Team"
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ikan, Nov 12 3:44 pm

Dog Health > fiber, lots of fiber

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 12:53am PST 
Thank you all for helping!
The canned pumpkin gave us the opposite result confused, i got Charlie's rear end checked out today and it was ok, no issues YAY (first time check after feeding the beans for a couple of weeks now)cheer so for us the beans work way better than the pumpkin but i still believe a tiny little bit more fiber wouldn't hurt (i hate talking about dog poop but it could be still a bit more firm) . My vet said she needs to do research. The pumpkin powder sounds not too bad, i might try adding it to Charlie's food. I will check out the link. Metamucil hmmm i wasn't sure if i can use it for a dog but it looks like i can? How much would i have to add to his already high-fiber-mixed-with-beans-food? I don't want to give too much, just a bit.shrug Not that he cant poop at all anymore poor dog little angel
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Precious Pearl, Sep 19 7:41 pm

Dog Health > fiber, lots of fiber

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 10:23pm PST 
Hello!
I have a question. Charlie has anal gland issues. He get's already a high fiber dry food (grain-free, fat reduced, Fiber 8,5%) but he needs more. I started adding canned pumpkin, didn't work. My vet told me now to add 1/4 can of low sodium/no salt green beans to his food (1/4 can per meal which is twice a day, that's a lot of beans a day). I do that since weeks now. I don't see any difference. He needs more fiber. Not sure what to do. Is there anything else i could add to his food? Fiber supplement or "powder" or something else? Since my vet said she would need to do research i can do that myself lol Thanks in advance. blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Precious Pearl, Sep 19 7:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > What doggy food do you recommend?

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 2:44am PST 
I know it's very confusing with all the different dog food brands. I did my own research and ended up with Wellness Core. There is a great site, i hope it's allowed to post a link here,

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/brand/

it helped me a lot to find the right food for Charlie

wave Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 28 10:19 am

Small Dogs > What kind of chews/bones do you give your small dog?
Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 2:34am PST 
Charlie got a deer antler lately. He is not a big chewer so that antler will last forever i guess laugh out loud they come in different sizes and are natural, i love it.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 14 7:04 am

Dog Health > Allergic To Fleas?

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 2:27am PST 
Only a vet can tell you if its a flea allergy. My dog was diagnosed with a severe flea allergy last year. In that case only one flea bite is enough to start the chain reaction. It's a pain. I treat the bald spots with organic coconut oil as well (i used Bag Balm before). Charlie, my dog, also got a steroid shot which didn't work this year, last year it helped. Since most flea prevention treatments require the flea to bite first to die i had to switch to one which works before they bite, i use Vectra 3D now and i am very impressed with the result. But like i said, only a vet visit will clarify if your dog has a flea allergy. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Aug 4 7:28 pm

Dog Health > Comfortis/Trifexis vs. Vectra

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '12 2:07am PST 
My dog has a flea allergy and Frontline, Advantage, Advantix, Pet Armor, nothing worked anymore. Since one flea bite is enough to start the chain reaction my vet asked me to give Vectra 3D a try. She applied it 5 days ago and there is no flea on him anymore. I am very impressed. His skin can finally start to recover dancing I keep my fingers crossed that it stays that way! That's a product the flea does not have to bite first to die smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Trixie, Feb 1 7:07 pm

Dog Health > Anal Glands

Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 2:36am PST 
I wanted to say you everyone so far, i made notes from all the comments and will talk with my vet about it wednesday (Charlie has his 4in1 shot appointment lol). He does not seem to have allergies except fleas which was diagnosed (SEVERE flea allergy which gives me a headache as well, but thats another subject). No yeast so far as well. I switched to grain free kibble just in case, but even after switching and higher fiber kibble even mixed with green beans the glands dont seem to get better but if i add even more fiber i am afraid he cant do his business anymore thinking Oh well...
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mr. Blue, Aug 1 2:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Amount of Krill oil for a 20# dog?
Charlie

Mini Hound

Barked: Sun Jul 29, '12 2:28am PST 
This is for Bam-Bam smile so i figured my dog, which is about 23 lbs gets way too less EPA (which is 150 mg/capsule) thinking, thanks for the info, i didn't know the right dose, my vet said i should give him one of the salmon oil capsules i've bought, will talk with her about it next week when i have an appointment anyways. I got the EPA thingy now, but what about the DHA? Do i have to pay attention to that one too? It's 180mg/capsule, that's what he gets right now.

And the Krill oil, i was thinking about it too. Krill is near the bottom of the food chain which i believe means better quality since Krill only feeds on plankton. But not sure, i only know its expensive. Have to do my research wave
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Nov 15 9:43 pm

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.