Postings by Otto 2011-2013 sleep well ange

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Other Barks & Woofs > Share your pup's silly little quirks!!!
Otto- 2011-2013- sleep well- ange

Super cute,- super sweet,- super pit!

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '12 9:37pm PST 
@ Kip & Oogie: Speaking of 'mad smart' dogs. My friend would go duckhunting with his black lab all the time. He trained it to retrieve very well of course, but he would belly-crawl in the grass to sneak up on the ducks, and that doggone dog was so smart that it mimicked him & belly-crawled as well, staying RIGHT next to him. He said he didn't have to train the dog to do it.... he'd just mimic his master... incredible dogs are!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kip & Oogie, May 2 11:57 am

American Pit Bull Terrier > Were you once a 'nonbeliever'? Scared of the breed? Share your story!

Barked: Mon Apr 23, '12 10:51pm PST 
Ah okay, somebody told me/showed me pics in another forum [can't remember who when or where though, haha]... probably were mixes. It's just so annoying anymore with the whole "Pit bull" thing..... anything with a square head and/or muscular build is called a pit.... ugh. Might as well call any black dog with floppy ears a labrador then!... shrug
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

American Pit Bull Terrier > Were you once a 'nonbeliever'? Scared of the breed? Share your story!

Barked: Sat Apr 21, '12 8:53pm PST 
Awesome! I've seen pictures of merle APBTs before though.... also there's a neighborhood APBT that is SOOOOOO gorgeous! He's brown/tan with a few tiny white chest-marks. The next dog I get I think I really wanna get a rescue APBT/Staffy mix/etc.... I just love being able to know that I helped save a life, you know?

Back to brindles: My favorite brindle, although I have only seen it a few times, is the bright tan/orange with a few bold black stripes... Believe it or not, I passed up a very handsome little brindle boy... and chose the pup I liked the color of the least! Haha... Otto was the fondest of me... so I gave up that adorable lil brindle guy just so Otto could have a bond with me. Haha! [same thing happened with Shasta... I wasnt a huge fan of black w/ tan points (at the time, Shasta was mostly black, had very little tan) and I had a choice of Shazzy or a super cute tricolor pup who looked like a giant teddybear crossed with border collie... of course, I chose Shasta because he was the little 'reject' runt and would have died from worms if I hadn't taken him sadly.....]
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '12 10:47am PST 
That one is SO beautiful! The first picture wouldn't show up though confused All the AmBully pics that I saw were on dogbreedinfo.com

So what's like your fave color of dog in general? I'm a big fan of brindles & merles. I also like tan-and-white [idk what it's technical term is.... but like a Border Collie's black n' white, just with tan instead].
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '12 11:56am PST 
Yeah, definitely going to agree with all of that. I have known many many herders to not be nippy at all though. Then again, I still really am unsure what my 'perfect' dog will be... I'm a fairly strict owner with my 3 dogs, so I'm pretty sure I could eventually handle a big doggie. Not that I would ever own one, but American Bullys are like REALLY awesome! Have u seen pics of those things? They're like gigantic APBTs!

So far, I'll admit, I have only owned the 3 dogs I have now in my lifetime..... and of the dogs I've been around, the Pitties have still touched me the fastest. My favorite build is the really tall lean ones... I met a purebred APBT who looked more like a Dane crossed with Greyhound [still had the Pibble head of course], I have honestly never seen a more beautifully-built, muscular, athletic dog in my life. I've also seen pure APBTs who were very very short and packed with muscle... they're pretty too, but it's hilarious watching them do their athlete-activities like scaling fences and climbing trees... that's how Otto is, he runs about like a football player, he looks so stiff when he runs due to all that muscle on his legs. LOL!

Long live pit bulls!!!! dog walk
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 11:14pm PST 
Yeah, that's why I don't know if I could ever have the heart to own a Dane/Irish Wolfhound..... having to say goodbye so soon....
I do see your points on the other breeds' not-so-great qualities, haha. One thing that I'm not huge into with my pit mix/other pit bulls I've known is they are really stubborn... Otto, he wants to make us as happy as he possibly can, but he doesn't exactly want to do what we say yet.
If there was ever a breed to have the personality of my Shasta [total mutt, everyone thinks he's a GSD mix.... but I have known him for 4 years.... and I have studied breeds for a few years as well, he really has little-to-none in him]. Shasta's super sweet, submissive, loves his people, uber smart, really obedient, stuffed with energy and yet mellows out at a single "That's enough"... his only bummer is [I believe it's from either his hound or possible husky...] he can't be unsupervised off-leash for very long like Otto can. Plus he gets [pretty sure this is from his wolf... very tiny amount (nobody believes me, but I was good friends from the people I got him from, and his dad was about 1/2 wolf)] super savage to dogs he hasn't met and he gets that way to strangers when I'm not around confused

My dad is a believer that Labradors are pretty much the only breed... [even though he has only owned one - Cassy] I'm not a huge fan of them. It's impossible to get them to just calm down for the first 2-3years, and ours loves to please/make us happy, but she is IMMENSELY stubborn and wants to have her way... and she just doesn't seem to learn anything that she doesn't want to.... Plus I'm not a huge fan of all retrievers' oily/stinky coats... sorry. lol!
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 3:48pm PST 
That would be totally incredible to own a dog from such incredible bloodline! I have only had my 3 dogs so far.... all mixes [Cassy's the closest to a "purebred" she's about 3/4 lab & 1/4GSD]. In a while when I'm ready to adopt another dog [I don't want to get anymore until Otto & Shasta have lived their life good n' long, and I'm moved out] I think I would really like to try finding a great breeder.... not sure which breed I would like to try... I mean yes APBTs are like my favorite breed pretty much, but there are SOOOOOOO many out there that I'd love to own. Aussies, Great Danes, Dogo Argentinos, list goes on..... 0.o why can't there be one breed that's 100 times more awesome than all of the others? Then it would never be hard to choose! lol!
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 11:01pm PST 
Very very cool! What breed are you hoping for? Another APBT?

I just can't get over how adorable Keira is! She truly is beautiful. I'm assuming she's only about the happiest baby girl in the world too! ;D
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 2:47pm PST 
Awww! That's so sweet that you found Bella. I'm so happy that you were lucky enough to have such a wonderful dog in your life! smile

@Keira: Yeah, totally agree... I have only once seen a dog who didn't appear to lunge at us out of fear [was many years ago, when I was first terrified of pit bulls.... one came onto our property & tried biting my dad... I'm sure there was, of course, a very logical reason why it did that though]... and to be honest, virtually every pit bull I've met manages to be the best dog I've seen around other dogs.... my pit is sweeter to other dogs than my LABRADOR is..... big laugh

Ahhh it's so nice to be able to rant with you about people who just dont understand pibbles..... I honestly can't just vent like this around anybody in person, haha.
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 8:18pm PST 
Yesss! I really enjoy having my boy too. He just doesn't wanna give up! Which is good for me.... gives me a reason to get up off the couch and go for a run with him. Haha.

It still just makes me so mad that everybody still tends to think of pit bulls as being naturally 'extra' aggressive and 'turn-on-you' dogs. It just.... grrrrrr! I mean yeah they do come from a heritage of being driven by prey-instincts towards other dogs..... but the greyhound has prey-drive too.... does that mean it's a 'turn-on-you' dog? Nooooooo.......

Sorry......ranting again....urgh!
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Dyno, Feb 10 3:54 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.