GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > Doggy comfort foods?
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Tue Aug 20, '13 8:27am PST 
I agree with Maxwell on the bones for comfort foods.

When any of my dogs seem to have tummy troubles or aren't feeling well I make a warm low salt broth mixed with slippery elm that has been cooked with water to make a soup. Never fails to stop vomits or make them more perky due to tummy feeling better. And I've never had a problem getting them to drink it either.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Sep 8 8:11 pm

Food & Nutrition > Update on Irish Setter Weight Problem
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Tue Mar 26, '13 4:05pm PST 
Just saw this. Thank you for the update. So happy they figured out three problem.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 4:05 pm

Puppy Place > New 11 wk old puppy is very scared of other people

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Fri Feb 8, '13 8:45pm PST 
Sabi's advice is right on. It is normal for pups to go through several fear stages. I think my last pup went through 4 and the last one was around 14 months. It took me by surprise because I thought he had been through them all by that age.

It's best to just let them work through it without pushing them into anything.

Bandit's fear stages lasted somewhere around 10 days each , give or take.

Good luck with your new pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Feb 10 7:00 am

Dog Health > Brands of Canine Toothpaste?

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:51pm PST 
I second the coconut oil suggestion.smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 23 6:43 am

Dog Health > Dermaxx!!! No!! Whatever you do, do not give it to them!

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 7:12pm PST 
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Jack.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 14 7:12 pm

Grooming > Dog nails - advice
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Mon Jan 14, '13 6:40am PST 
Yeh, i've always looked at the bottom of the nail to see where the "quick“, or "meat" is but sometimes when dirt is present it is difficult to distinguish.

I was so surprised and delighted after soaking to see how much more defined it made the quicks.

Glad to help, since I collect so much useful information from this forum it is nice to be able to contribute once in a while.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 11:55 pm

Dog Health > Rocky was attacked!

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Sun Jan 13, '13 4:25pm PST 
Sending special thoughts and prayers for Rocky and you.hughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 7:48 am

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 9:40pm PST 
Bandit has black nails also. What really works very well for us is, first, soak his feet in warm water for 15 minutes, then have him lie down on his back so that I can look at the bottom of his nail and see where to clip it. Soaking makes the nails SO much easier to clip AND makes the quick very visible from the bottom of the nail.

Bandit was never able to relax while getting his nails clipped, although he tried his best to tolerate it. The first time I soaked first, after doing the first two nails, he visibly sighed (a sigh of relief, I think) and just lay
back and relaxed while I clipped the rest of them.

It takes just a bit more time to do the job with the soaking, but it is so worth it for both of us. It is more comfortable for my dog and I am 10 times more confident about where to clip.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 11:55 pm

Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Sat Jan 12, '13 9:39pm PST 
Bandit has black nails also. What really works very well for us is, first, soak his feet in warm water for 15 minutes, then have him lie down on his back so that I can look at the bottom of his nail and see where to clip it. Soaking makes the nails SO much easier to clip AND makes the quick very visible from the bottom of the nail.

Bandit was never able to relax while getting his nails clipped, although he tried his best to tolerate it. The first time I soaked first, after doing the first two nails, he visibly sighed (a sigh of relief, I think) and just lay
back and relaxed while I clipped the rest of them.

It takes just a bit more time to do the job with the soaking, but it is so worth it for both of us. It is more comfortable for my dog and I am 10 times more confident about where to clip.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 22 11:55 pm

Behavior & Training > Terrifying Encounter with the Worst Owner Ever (Rant)
Bandit

I luvs slippers

Barked: Tue Nov 20, '12 10:00am PST 
Perhaps he was not as clueless as he appeared to be. Just sayin'. If he has enough brain to be able to drive a car, then he had to know the danger he was enticing his dog into. thinking
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Nov 22 4:00 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.