GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > Uncontrollable lunging
Harry CGC,- TT

I'll take care- of the puppy!

Barked: Thu Jan 11, '07 10:36am PST 
Don't know if it's been said here yet but what has worked for me is a citronella collar. It sprays a YUCKY smell near my nose and distracts me from whatever I am barking at long enough for mommy to get my attention again. It doesn't hurt or nothing, just smells bad bad bad!

-Harry TPW
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 11 9:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Why the "design dogs" issue is a hot topic to rescuers
Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Fri May 26, '06 9:44pm PST 
Ok I'm not starting this thread to talk about designer dogs per se. But I would like to have a discussion on why the topic keeps coming up.
I know the mutt people get upset at the topic but IMO the topic is important to those of us in rescue. We're the ones who clean up after the messes these "breeders" make. We take in the dogs that DO shed when the buyers were told they didn't. We take in the dogs that AREN'T "hypoallergenic" because dogs are dogs and no dog is really hypoallergenic except the ones that SONY used to sell.
So for those of us that do rescue... lets chat about the topic. Let's leave the mutts out of it and talk about the rescue side of it.
I know we have rescued a number of mutts because the dog got too big or was high strung or shed or drooled or didn't come out of the box potty trained and knowing all it's basic commands.
Anyone else.

and again this topic is not about the "designer" mutts... it's about rescuing and the problems with the mutts.

Harry's mom
proud owner of a really cute, puppy wrangling MUTT!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 30 11:06 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Designer Dogs...

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Fri May 26, '06 7:23am PST 
The whole thing about less health problems with a mixed breed is just silly. The wheel of genetics says it's just a likely to get some or ALL of the bad stuff as it is that you'll get none of the bad stuff. Harry, our mixed breed designer "weezer-riler" (we made that up special for him) has hip and elbow dysplasia, spinal degeneration, allergies to beat the band, pano when he was a puppy and more.

-Harry's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by , May 26 7:03 pm

Dog Laws & Legislation > Can Schnoodles be registered in a registry?

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Tue May 23, '06 2:57pm PST 
Hey Zoe,
Of course you are. We mutts have to stick together huh? My moms rescued me cause I needed a home and they were just gonna foster me but I'm so darned cute they couldn't let anyone else take me home. T'aint nothing cuter than a mutt my mom always says and she's right. My brothers and my sister might be "purebred" but they got nothin on me in the cuteness department. Well except for Stevie cause he's just too darned cute that's why I love him so much.
-Harry TPW
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , May 26 5:17 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How old was your Rescue when you Adopted?

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Fri May 19, '06 11:53am PST 
I was rescued at 8 weeks. My sister was rescued at 10 weeks, so was my brother Stevie. Our brother Max who is at the bridge was rescued at 6 years old and our sister Chelsea, also at the bridge was rescued at 4 years old.

-Harry TPW
[notify]
» There has since been 153 posts. Last posting by , Jul 28 8:34 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How much did you pay?
Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Thu May 18, '06 9:22am PST 
Harry came from (and I hesitate to say this because I have SERIOUS issues with them as a rescue group and know much better Rottie rescues in the area... but it's true)
Northeast Rottweiler Rescue and Referral.
(although on a redo I'd have worked with Paws4Love or the Bergen County Animal Shelter, much better IMO)
We paid a $150 adoption fee.
That came with:
The cutest darn flying nun eared puppy ever who turned into the best puppy wrangler this side of the Mississippi.

Everything else came out of our pocket since we fostered him from 8 weeks old and adopted him at 6 months old or so when we failed fostering 101.

Still: Best $150 we ever spent.

-Harry's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 67 posts. Last posting by , Aug 16 11:20 pm

Behavior & Training > Rubi almost didn't survive the night

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Thu May 11, '06 1:55pm PST 
Well for one, welcome to owning a dog. They do things like this at times and as one poster said it's usually temporary. What may help is moving her night time potty time an hour later. My Harry does like to go investigate skunks at night --- it's possible is she smelled skunk she wanted to check it out.
When you have to take her out at night, put her on a leash and make sure she knows at night we're not playing, do your business and back to bed. When my guys figured out night time was not play time they quickly lost interetest in their middle of the night romps.
-Harry's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , May 12 9:02 am

Behavior & Training > Dogs teaching dogs?

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Fri Apr 14, '06 8:51pm PST 
Ok Khola, can you come to my house and tell my dogs that so they stop teach each other their bad habits... Please
wink
-Harry's mom
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 8:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs teaching dogs?

Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Fri Apr 14, '06 8:27pm PST 
I'm the only one mom taught to ring the bell to go potty. Everyone else learned it from me. I even taught Stevie where the bell was and stood by him till he got his paw high enough to reach it. We all learn from each other but mom says she wishes we would only teach each other the good things....
the bad things are WAAAAAY more fun though!

-Harry TPW
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 8:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Rain?
Harry CGC,- TT

Barked: Sun Mar 19, '06 3:15pm PST 
Corbi,
boy sometimes humans are so dumb. I tell my moms all the time... my paws are made of sugar, if I go out in the rain and the mud they will melt and you will have to drag me everywhere. My moms STILL make me go outside in the rain and EVEN the SNOW! SHEESH! You would think they don't believe me or something!
stupid humans!

-Harry TWD
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Mar 21 7:49 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.