GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Dog Health > Constant Humping?
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Sun Apr 28, '13 1:38pm PST 
That's what happened yesterday. My female got tired of it and attacked. Luckily I was right there by them and they both know how to listen. It could have got ugly. But I'll definitely try that next time
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 1:38 pm

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Sat Apr 27, '13 11:28am PST 
Yes he is neutered. And yes same dog. I finally just sucked it up and grew some balls and tried them together.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 1:38 pm

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 4:09pm PST 
Recently just let my boyfriends male pitbull out with my female pitbull. His pitbull wasn't raised around other dogs and never grew up with other dogs so we were worried at first.

All they did was rare up like bears do and play with each other. Then they would start humping one another right after the other. I know that's also a thing dogs do to show dominance. They did that for almost an hour yesterday. Then today we let them out again to keep getting use to each other. And they still humped each other one after another constantly...

Is this because they are still getting used to each other and are trying to show off and find out who the dominant one is?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 28 1:38 pm

Behavior & Training > My one year old female pitbull is starting to show signs of aggression

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 1:42pm PST 
You all think she just stays outside with no type of human contact. I freaking love my dog to death. I DO NOT WANT TO GET RID OF HER!! But i have to do what i have to do. Her being attacked as a puppy was not acceptable. That dog was put down (kali was not the first victum that day)
Her attacking that dog was not fine. Yes, i should have reacted differently than to whoop her. But that's all i had. What else can i do, tell her no, dont ever do that again and leave her? Hell no. That was a big no no just because she is a pitbull. She was whooped and put in her crate for a few hours.

I let her out and play with her EVERYDAY.. Yea, it may be an hour or two. But so what? At least it's not any like some owners around the world. She isn't mis treated. She gets treats, plays, is always happy to see me, i love seeing her. I go out there and lay with her in the grass.

Kali was here way before this boyfriend. My boyfriend loves her unlike my ex boyfriend who bought her for me that BEAT her everyday. Whooping her didnt even phase her any. I'm not abusive towards her my boyfriend isnt either. No one is. Shes very much loved and very much taken care of.

Everyone that has a negative look on all of this needs to go worry about someone elses post. This was all very unnessasary. Espeically the person who said i need to leave my boyfriend and put kali in a different situation....

Um, excuse me. Would you like to give me the money for a vehicle and house that i can make her life a little bit better. But unlike you, to me, she seems as happy as can be to even be home with me again. Whether shes in a cage or not. She had to be away from me for almost two months bc of my living conditions.

And if i do decide to give her away. She WILL be going to someone i know, and trust ALOT. She WILL NOT be put in a shelter (ours here always kills pitbulls.) And she will be with someone who i know will take care of her and give her a long life of happiness. That is ONE THING THAT I DO KNOW!!!!!!

So thank you everyone and goodbye!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 4:56 am

Behavior & Training > My one year old female pitbull is starting to show signs of aggression

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Mon Mar 25, '13 1:31pm PST 
Ok 1. She can not be in the house because my boyfriends dad has a pitbull that can not be around other dogs. Long story about him that im not getting into.

2. I let her run around in THE YARD only where i can see her. She's very attached to me. She wont go to far if im not with her. She stays where ever i am. And shes very well trained with my voice and listens.

3. You all have your opinion on the muzzle. I have mine. She has a farely large cage to where she has room to run and everything. I think muzzle and a cain in the backyard is unreasonable. It's not fair to the animal to not have control over its own mouth or only a certain amount of room to run.

4. Can not get a fenced backyard because its not my house. This is the only option for us until we do get our own house.

5. My dog is very well taken care of and gets interactment with alot of things everyday. Other people, horses, small dogs, cats, and big dogs.

Found out yesterday when i let her out to do a few things of trainging. She's either going into heat or is just now going out of it. So that explains alot.

Thanks for the people that actually gave me advice and wasnt negative towards me.

For you other people. Dont comment back.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 4:56 am

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Fri Mar 22, '13 3:25pm PST 
Thank you all so much for giving me wonderful advise. I was worried alot of you would be negative since she's a pitbull.

Anyways, There was one incident. Let me start from the top.
Kali is almost a year (october) She is use to running free and being around other dogs (same size except my little dashund) She was raised with my miniature dashund in the house. She is now being held in a cage outside because i moved in with my boyfriend and he lives in town and they have a muzzle law. And i REFUSE to put a muzzle on her, no matter what the circumstances. I do not believe in those. But i let her out everyday and let her run around the yard and i play with her for about an hour to two hours.

Ok, next section. My boyfriends aunt is our next door neighbor. She has a little yorkie, she's kind of young. They leave her out from 6 in the morning until 6 that night. Why, idk. There are other dogs, and woods in the back and they just leave her outside all day. When i'm home all day i usually let her in especially since it's been cold. When she stays outside she likes to run up to Kalis cage and growling and bark, and test her. Ive witnessed her do this. She was doing this for almost a week. About 4 days after the last day she tested her me and my boyfriend were outside cleaning up the yard and just donig things around the house so i let her loose and let her run. She's very good at listening to me and i know she won't go too far away from me (shes mammas little girl) I heard the yorkie do that "play yelp" that some small dogs do so i thought nothing of it. Few minutes later i hear that god awful help me yelp. Ran over to where she was and Kali was pinning her down and snapping at her. Next thing i knew Kali grabbed her in her mouth and ran with her and shook her like a rag doll. My boyfriend quickly got her and made her put her down and whooped her and did what i believed needed to be done.

This was her first EVER type of aggresive contact with another animal. My little dashund puts her down almost daily. It's weird. But i believe it was just because she was testing her for so long she had enough of her. There is also two unfamiliar horses next to her, she only barks at those. Even when i let her out and leaves them alone. Just when shes in her cage shell back at them. I have not really let her out since then because i'm not real sure how shes going to act. But now, after reading all of this and knowing it can at least be controlled i'm definitely getting her out again everyday and working with her.

I'm about to be moving and may not be able to take her with me. So i may just fix this or at least calm it down some so she can be eligable for another family that will have even more time with her. She's the sweetest dog and loves to be loved on, but just this one little thing has terrified me. But ihave alot of trust and faith in her. Always have... I mean, she was 4 weeks old when she was first attacked by a blue heeler, pretty much on deaths door step and she survived. Wasnt even expected to... So i mean, ya know...

Ill definitely keep an update with her as she will hopefully progress!!!

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate the help!
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 4:56 am

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 3:09pm PST 
I don;t know if its because she has to stay in cage outside bc we are in town and no pitbulls without a muzzle. And im not doing that to my dog.

Anyways, she isnt showing signs towards humans just towards other dogs, shes never been any type of aggressive. even as a puppy. She's always been a big baby. I guess since shes getting older and not being able to run free like shes use to shes changing. I really badly do not want to get rid of her, i love her... alot. But i have alot of little children in my family and a miniature dashund as my pet before i got her. And i dont want to risk anything. I'm also about to try and start a family of my own. Is there anything i could at least try to do before i make a decision on getting rid of her?

Oh, she hasn't bitten another dog or anything like that. I just dont like the way she acts towards them (as in jumps on them shows her teeth and her hair stands up) She never growls unless its a puppy jumping on here but she has never bitten another animal, that i have seen. I havent had any problems out of her. I'm really needing someones help
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by , Mar 28 4:56 am

Dog Health > Ears

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Wed Feb 20, '13 2:30pm PST 
What's the best way to get a dogs ears cleaned out?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Feb 22 7:45 am

Dog Health > Update on Kali and her lumps on neck and weight loss.

Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Wed Jan 9, '13 7:05pm PST 
I dont have the money for the invisiable fencing. And my my stepdad wont put his money into it for just one dog. Plus, he doesnt like my dog. He says she's stupid. Our vet doesn't do Care Credit or i would. I've already looked into it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 9 7:49 pm

Dog Health > Tears?..
Kali Neal

Kali-Bug

Barked: Mon Jan 7, '13 7:59pm PST 
I did all the "tests" that i know to do with the eyes and nothing unusual. It doesn't hurt her or anything. Guess just another thing to ask our vet with the money that i don't have.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 7:59 pm

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.