Postings by Frankie

GO!

(Page 1 of 64: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Very small yellow spot on dog's long teeth (canines?) near gums, gums pink/okay looking..
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Aug 31, '14 4:34am PST 
Sorry the pic's are not showing up..I need to find another way to post pic's here..

Anyhoo, I've kept after his teeth like crazy and those spots are 99% gone.
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Willow, Wed 9:17 pm

Dog Health > Very small yellow spot on dog's long teeth (canines?) near gums, gums pink/okay looking..
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 4:13am PST 
Second pic does not look like it wants to show up..?
[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/4hqii0.jpg[/IMG]
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Willow, Wed 9:17 pm

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Aug 27, '14 4:10am PST 
Last night when I was brushing Frankie's teeth, I noticed on both of his long upper canine teeth two yellow spots near his gums that I could not brush off and could not scrape off with my nails (my nails can scrape off almost anything)..his gums though are healthy looking pink color, but his gums did begin to bleed a little from the extra fussing (poor guy, and he was soo god while I did all of this!). I have been bad about brushing his teeth the last couple of months and when I had him at the vet in July the vet checked his teeth and said they were 'beautiful'..I can't imagine these spots appeared in a matter of week, but maybe..? shrug Did the vet maybe not notice them..?

I know google can be a wealth of helpful knowledge but it can also make a small problem seem 10x worse than it is.

Here are a couple pics, if that helps..is there something I can use at-home, is this nothing to worry about, should I take him to the vet..? thanks!!

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/11j0mmq.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60 .tinypic.com/4hqii0.jpg[/IMG]
thanks for any help!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Willow, Wed 9:17 pm

Dog Health > Dog rubbing eyes with paws/rubbing eyes on carpet the last couple of days

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Jul 18, '14 8:37am PST 
The last couple of days Frankie has been rubbing his eyes with his paws and then rubbing his face/eyes on the carpet. He will do this 3 or 4 times about twice a day. He also sometimes does this when he is first groomed. It is not that frequent, but obviously enough to make me wonder and ask what might be up.

Googling nets me some info about ingrown hairs and possible surgery to remove them. I am not sure if these are ingrown hairs or loose hair or eyelashes that got stuck in his eye..? I flushed his eyes out really well with some eye was stuff from Espree/Petco and he still is rubbing. I looked in his eyes and can't see anything, but something might be stuck somewhere that I can't see.

And wouldn't you know I just had him at the vet this past Monday for his 3-year checkup and lepto. confused

Really not looking to go the surgery route..is it expensive..? This seems to be a sudden thing so I am wondering if something is just stuck and will hopefully work it's way out eventually. He loves to be outside when S/O cuts the grass and he likes to be literally three feet away, and I worry that something might get kicked up in his eye..Poor thing.

Like I said, I've flushed his eyes a few times and tonight he rubbed them again..frown

I think if nothing else I will call the vet in the AM. But in the meantime looking for any advice or thoughts....thanks.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Jul 18 8:37 am

Puppy Place > Third time seeing neighbor's dog loose...any advice..?

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Jun 11, '14 1:05pm PST 
I posted this in Laws/Legislation too but that board moves slow so maybe might get more replies here..

The neighbors behind us have 2 German Shepherds.
I had Frankie outside last night on his potty break and I suddenly heard frantic voices calling someone. I looked and saw the GSD from the house behind us running like the wind through other neighbor's yards then through our yard and then back to them.

They have an invisible fence and this is the THIRD time one of their dogs has been in OUR yard. The second time it happened my s/o went and asked them why/how their dog got loose, and they said the batteries in the collar were dead.

The one time their dog did lunge toward our dog in a rather confrontational way but we got our dog into our house in time.

So last night I was a little frustrated to see it happeneing again. Talked to a friend and she said to call the police to see what to do. I first wanted to see if there are any dog leash laws in our county and found the number for the dog warden in our county. I called them and the woman I spoke to was not very helpful. I asked if there are leash laws and she said 'it depends, if the dog is on their property...' I said the neighbor has an invisible fence but last night was the 3rd time their dog was in our yard. She then asked 'is it a vicious dog...?' I said I did not know because I never had any personal contact with the dog(s). I should have told her about the lunging/growling incident. Anyhoo, she said there was no police officer available and she can send a police officer out to talk to me. I said I will call back to talk to one and she told me to hang on and she would connect me to one (thought noone was available..?) I was upset that it appeared nothing would be done and I would just be wasting the officer's and my time. So I said no thank you and hung up. Probably not the best thing to do but again I felt like it was a lost cause.

I don't know what else to do. I am outside with Frankie when he is outside when I am home but S/O sometimes leaves Frankie outside on a tie-out by himself. I know this is bad, and I have told him time and again not to do so, but he ignores. Obviously I can't be home 24/7 and S/O does not listen.

The bottom line is this dog/these dogs have/has repeatedly been loose and who knows how many more times that I did not notice or see.

I don't know. Just venting I guess, unless someone has a better idea. We do not talk to these neighors, they keep to themselves. S/O has sometime made small talk with the man a handful of times, but aside from that, they totally keep to themselves. I personally have never even said a 'hello' to them, and vice versa. Not sure talking to them will do any good. They seem to have the law defending them and this 'oops the battery died' excuse..ugh..what happened last night, then..? ugh....not sure what to do but I would like to avoid a potential conflict if at all possible...I hate being 'that neighbor' but if they were more responsible with their restraints or whatever, I would not have to be! It makes me angry that the law seems to be protecting THEM.

I am sorry but a loose dog is completely irresponsible,
regardless if it is vicious or not.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Savannah Blue Belle, Jun 13 6:02 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Third time neighbor's dog loose..when to or should I complain to police..?
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Wed Jun 11, '14 12:52pm PST 
The neighbors behind us have 2 German Shepherds.

I had Frankie outside last night on his potty break and I suddenly heard frantic voices calling someone. I looked and saw the GSD from the house behind us running like the wind through other neighbor's yards then through our yard and then back to them.

They have an invisible fence and this is the THIRD time one of their dogs has been in OUR yard. The second time it happened my s/o went and asked them why/how their dog got loose, and they said the batteries in the collar were dead.

The one time their dog did lunge toward our dog in a rather confrontational way but we got our dog into our house in time.

So last night I was a little frustrated to see it happeneing again. Talked to a friend and she said to call the police to see what to do. I first wanted to see if there are any dog leash laws in our county and found the number for the dog warden in our county. I called them and the woman I spoke to was not very helpful. I asked if there are leash laws and she said 'it depends, if the dog is on their property...' I said the neighbor has an invisible fence but last night was the 3rd time their dog was in our yard. She then asked 'is it a vicious dog...?' I said I did not know because I never had any personal contact with the dog(s). I should have told her about the lunging/growling incident. Anyhoo, she said there was no police officer available and she can send a police officer out to talk to me. I said I will call back to talk to one and she told me to hang on and she would connect me to one (thought noone was available..?) I was upset that it appeared nothing would be done and I would just be wasting the officer's and my time. So I said no thank you and hung up. Probably not the best thing to do but again I felt like it was a lost cause.

I don't know what else to do. I am outside with Frankie when he is outside when I am home but S/O sometimes leaves Frankie outside on a tie-out by himself. I know this is bad, and I have told him time and again not to do so, but he ignores. Obviously I can't be home 24/7 and S/O does not listen.

The bottom line is this dog/these dogs have/has repeatedly been loose and who knows how many more times that I did not notice or see.

I don't know. Just venting I guess, unless someone has a better idea. We do not talk to these neighors, they keep to themselves. S/O has sometime made small talk with the man a handful of times, but aside from that, they totally keep to themselves. I personally have never even said a 'hello' to them, and vice versa. Not sure talking to them will do any good. They seem to have the law defending them and this 'oops the battery died' excuse..ugh..what happened last night, then..? ugh....not sure what to do but I would like to avoid a potential conflict if at all possible...I hate being 'that neighbor' but if they were more responsible with their restraints or whatever, I would not have to be! It makes me angry that the law seems to be protecting THEM.

I am sorry but a loose dog is completely irresponsible,
regardless if it is vicious or not.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Jun 11 12:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Helping the Insecure Dog

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 11:30pm PST 
If you know a qualified behaviorist or trainer I would check with them.
Otherwise I would request leashes for your dog and other dogs when they are together. In the end these are animals.

I have had some similar scary moments with Frankie recently and as someone told me, these are still animals, and no matter how well they are trained they are still animals. He brought up Montecore of Sigfried & Roy.

I am not here to debate proper training being an answer and a guarantee that nothing bad will ever happen. I think anyone is foolish to think that any animal is not capable of an attack at any moment, regardless of how well-trained the animal might be.

Having said that, training no doubt obviously helps prevent incidents. It obviously is not a guarantee but more like really good insurance.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 11 5:21 am

Behavior & Training > Dog snapping twice this week..very scary..

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 2:48pm PST 
Thanks everyone..hug

The vet could not find anything wrong..so I guess it is back to the stress of being at the groomers for almost 6 hours. For some reason he does not like this groomer and for him to have been there for nearly 6 hours I guess it could be stress lingering..

He is actually very good about the 'down' command and sometimes even in bed when I say to him 'okay Frankie, mommy has to move..' he will wake up and move to the other side or the foot of the bed..I guess I hate to wake him so I 'try' to just move him..obviously that is not a good idea...

Tried taking a bone from him today. Took it and placed it up on the counter..He was calm just sat there and did not move, did not even blink or bat an eyelash.......So hopefully it was just the stress lingering......

I also have been doing some training 101 with him to establish and re-affirm listening and obeying habits. So far, so good.......meditate

Thanks again...hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Apr 8 2:48 pm

Dog Health > Dog sick for a few days..is it possible from the groomer..?

Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 2:32pm PST 
The vet said likely it was something he ate while at the groomers..and because Frankie has been good about drinking water he did not see a huge cause for concern...

Unfortunately 'daddy' and I have had a heart to heart talk twice before about this, and he does not listen. He still buys Milk Bones even though I try to stick with and always have on hand quality treats from Fromm and other Made in USA companies that don't use a lot of filler and garbage in their treats...*sigh*

Frankie has been feeling better and back to himself, thank goodness...

Thanks all way to go
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Apr 8 2:32 pm

Behavior & Training > Helping the Insecure Dog
Frankie

Cheese? PLEASE!

Barked: Sun Apr 6, '14 5:57pm PST 
Are you able to work with a behaviorist...?
In your dog's defense, he did give warning growls, correct..?
Where were the owners of the other dogs..?

It is hard to tell what all is going on with your dog but apparently it is something that is concerning you. I would consult a behaviorist.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 11 5:21 am

(Page 1 of 64: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.