GO!

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Dangerous Dogs Indeed...
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Jun 15, '14 9:55am PST 
Yes you made a good point there. All the breeds on the list are not for first time dog owners no matter how well meaning they might be. And also yes despite the fact that even a cocker spaniel will attack if you beat it bad enough...a bigger stronger dog is going to more damage. I just hate seeing bullies on another **** list. Like you say most people can't identify an actual pit bull, it's usually subjective. It also turns into journalistic shorthand...dog attack...pitbull...and it was a big headed akita mix...just sad.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 15 9:55 am

Puppy Place > Let's Play "Guess My Breed!"
Opheila

Barked: Sat Jun 14, '14 12:31pm PST 
I definitely see chi, I am kissing my computer screenlittle angel
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 14 12:31 pm

Puppy Place > Third time seeing neighbor's dog loose...any advice..?

Opheila

Barked: Thu Jun 12, '14 6:41pm PST 
I agree, in this situation you might be able to reason with these people somehow. You're worried about their dogs, you're worried about your dogs, and maybe you can find a way to work together.
I just hate electric fences...
There are people down the way that have one up to the sidewalk line. It's facing a busy street and there are wild critters around here too. We have to avoid that block and that poor dog is a sitting duck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 13 6:02 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > Outback Steak Restaurant in Cumming Georgia Defends dog locked in Hot Car

Opheila

Barked: Thu Jun 12, '14 12:52pm PST 
That's outrageous...where we live if you leave a dog in a car even on a cool day and someone reports it the police come, animal control comes, they open your car or truck, take custody of the dog, and give you a lecture on why you don't leave critters in the car, and then a huge fine besides.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 12 12:52 pm

Behavior & Training > Help! My dog suddenly hates me, wont behave, and is snappy!

Opheila

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '14 4:39pm PST 
Oh my, I'm sorry this is happening to you. You answered my question so let me try to help you. The first thing I would tell you to do is call your vet first thing tomorrow. If it is something physical you want to get it taken care of before it gets worse. Pain can make critters snappy certainly.
If it isn't something definitely physical then a behaviorist. It sounds like somebody needs some retraining, you have to get the upper hand again. And you will...Hugs and best of luck!
PS I know it's hard when our babies get defiant. But really don't take it personally. You can get this behavior turned around, believe in yourself.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 5:21 am

Behavior & Training > Interview Tomorrow-Need Training Buzzwords
Opheila

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '14 3:29pm PST 
Thank you Faith, you gave me some good ideas to work with. My training experience with my dogs is more cause and effect. If you do what I tell you to do you get yummies and tushy rubs, if you don't listen to me I can talk like Joe Pescilaugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 6 1:46 pm

Behavior & Training > I really need help with my stubborn bulldog!

Opheila

Barked: Wed Jun 4, '14 6:45pm PST 
Since our dogs came to us as adults I don't know the stages of puppyhood. But from what I understand dogs go through an adolescence where they test boundaries. Also two hallmarks of bulldogs as a breed in general, strong and stubborn. Even when well-trained and easygoing...strong and stubborn.
Others can give you training advice. I would seriously suggest strength training. I got my present job the same year we adopted Callie. The daily heavy lifting has given me the muscle to handle both dogs much easier. Sophie used to pull me off my feet! It will get easier as your dog gets older too.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jun 4 6:45 pm

Dogs and a Clean Home > What Are Your Favorite Pet Products?

Opheila

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '14 3:03pm PST 
Buddie Wash Dog Shampoo smells delicious! And a brand of leash called Leedz. They tell me it's similar to a horse lead. Soft woven nylon but the large size is really thick and sturdy. I have small hands but it's soft enough not to hurt. but well made enough to keep good control. Bright colors too.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Fri 6:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Severe Separation Anxiety

Opheila

Barked: Tue Jun 3, '14 2:57pm PST 
Sophie hasn't tried jumping out of windows...yet. But the few times my son would walk her and she would see me going the other way with Callie, she tried to break her leash, then failing that she leaped out of the collar and chased me three blocks. Needless to say we go opposite routes now and make sure she doesn't watch me leave.
One thing that comforts her while I'm gone is leaving some of my t shirts or a jacket, jeans something I've worn recently on the bed. She'll curl up with her face and shoulders on the item of clothing and it seems to calm her a bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 4 6:48 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Dogs always ripping stuffing from toys! Help?
Opheila

Barked: Wed May 28, '14 5:33pm PST 
A stuffed toy at our house? I give it less than an hour before the stuffing and squeakies are on the floor. Grateful my guys know to spit them out. Kong Ballistics are the only sturdy stuffies we've found. Otherwise find stuffed toys at tag sales and toss them.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 21 5:54 am

(Page 1 of 103: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.