Postings by Jake Earned his wings 10.02.15

GO!

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Second Wind? Eating more and chasing the cat
Jake Earned- his wings- 10.02.15

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Mon Oct 5, '15 5:13pm PST 
Jake and I went to the vet on 10.02.2015 and I had to send him on to glory frown

He went without pain at my side after a good day.

Thank you for all the support and love from the community during this hard time for me and my fur family.

From,

Jordan, Jake's Mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > And So It ended 10.02.2015

Barked: Mon Oct 5, '15 5:10pm PST 
And So my journey with Jake has ended. I sent him on ahead on October 2nd, 2015. He went lovingly by my side with the aid of our vet so that he wouldn't have to suffer anymore.

I think Jake deeply understood as he was in such high spirits all day despite earlier in the week having a string of bad days. He ate his breakfast no problem even though he was not hunger for the last few days. He had basically stopped eating. Even cat food wasn't working anymore.

He took his pain meds like a champ and rolled around on the carpet showing me he was happy. I told him in a happy voice. "Well today's the day isn't it?" and he seemed to know. He went to daycare, I had told them the day before that the 2nd was going to be his last day.

He got a good bath to bring the white back to his coat and to get rid of most of the staining and so he smelt nice and clean. Jake's incontinence made weekly baths a reality for us.

I went to work. he went to daycare. They made his last day very special. smile

When it came time to pick him up they waved his entire stay and Caroline's too. Then we went. We arrived early and we sat in the car and I talked to him and to Caroline and took some final pictures.

Jake decorated the office with little puddles of pee as was his norm during vet visits. The staff joked he was going out like a rock star and I agreed letting him do as he wanted.

The vet staff gave him good bye hugs and pets and then to my surprise my personal vet was there. He is off on Fridays but he came in just for us. smile

He sat with me and we talked for a few minutes after I paid for Jake's final expenses. WE talked about that it was time and that I was ready and he was ready. Then we sat on the floor and I called jake over. He sat next to me and laid down. I pet him throughout the process and talked to him even long after he was gone.

I thanked him for sharing his life with me and told him to come back and find me again when he was ready. Since i believe that souls recycle and come through the process many times. I know he found me in this life this time for a reason and I will await the next time we're together again.

He went without pain and in my loving arms. Something I was very happy to have given him.

Now I want to thank everyone on Dogster. It was Dogster whom 3+ years ago convinced me to keep a dog that ate through doors, didn't listen and was generally an anxious mess and turn him to and Canine Good Citizen that doubled as an ESA and was loved by many.

So thank you dogster for giving Jake and I a chance to be together and giving me the guidance any 1st time dog owner should have.

This is a thank you from the bottom of my heart to both Dogster and Jake.

THANK YOU big hug
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Reina, Nov 1 5:37 pm

Barked: Tue Sep 22, '15 10:39pm PST 
Update::::

Jake had a mass removed last Sunday and is currently sporting a cone of shame. We have changed his proxicam to every other day and he's getting vet provided Sub q injections. ( thank you pet insurance )

Hopefully ill be able to post what his exact condition if the mass gives some results.

For now though Jake only wants to eat pro plan by Purina can someone explain why? ? @- @
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Dog Health > Renal Support and Subcutaneous Fluids?

Barked: Sun Sep 6, '15 9:41pm PST 
So Jake's blood test came back and now we have to start a renal support and they want me to give subcutaneous fluids.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 22 9:58 am

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '15 8:30pm PST 
Hey Everyone,

Jake went to the vet yesterday and got another ultra sound. It appears his tumor has stopped growing for the moment. dancing But the damage it has done to his bladder has caused the beginning of calcification of the scar tissue. The vet still seems surprised he's eating well 1-2 cans of food a day and 1/2 cups of kibble.

Jake is now eating EVO Turkey and Chicken small bites and EVO whatever flavor canned food smile He eats all three the Turkey/Chicken, Duck and Beef. When I think he doesn't really want to eat he eats EVO Turkey/Chicken cat food with wet dog food. And of course he eats that.

Jake is having less accidents but has no serious problem peeing or pooping aside from the usual so his vet thinks that great. At our next ultra sound we'll be doing blood to make sure the proxicam isn't hurting Jake's Liver or Kidneys.

Anyone have any ideas how to slow down the calcium deposits in Jake's bladder?

Otherwise we're doing good. one day at a time. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?

Barked: Sun Aug 16, '15 8:12pm PST 
Thanks for the responses I was just wondering if people were here.

I owe dogster my life with Jake so I don't think we're going anywhere anytime soon smile
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Mercy - "In Loving Memory ", Apr 2 3:45 pm

Raw Food Diet > Any Raw Feeders left?

Barked: Fri Aug 7, '15 3:40pm PST 
Hi Yoshi,

I didn't choose to take Caroline or Jake off raw because it did anything bad. Quite the opposite. Jake was very healthy when I fed raw. He was a raw only dog for almost two years. Only in the last 9 months of feeding store bought kibble, though good brands have I had any health problems with Jake including the cancer issue we have now.

I would still be feeding Jake raw if I wasn't living with my grandparents who don't want raw fed dogs in the house. I had planned on returning to it with Jake after we moved. But for now we're sticking with EVO since the Holistic vet said a raw diet would be better as its 0 carbs and cancer cells loves carbs.

I was asking since I wanted to know if any of the guys like Maxwell were still around if not I was wondering where they went. I'm going to have to look for a new Raw feeding group at this point it looks like.

frown oh well. It was a good thing while it lasted unless someone else who feeds raw is here?
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Mercy - "In Loving Memory ", Apr 2 3:45 pm

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:44pm PST 
Hi All,

I give Jake a mixture of herbal suppliments including echinacea, turmeric cuncumin (the extract from cumin that helps with inflammation, Jake gets freshly prepared Essiac tea and now he gets 2-3 essiac tea pills a day. There's also the vetriscience 440 cell advance pills.

Basically I went online and typed in Dog with Prostate cancer and these are various supplements I found that could be used.

The Essiac tea is used in humans and some swear it "cured" their animals of bone cancer and other forms of cancer. Humans swear it cures or at least impeeds growth of cancer. But studies done on mice were inconclusive. Studies done on human prostate cancer had promising results. I encourage you to do your own research if considering Essiac tea through. I'm doing everything I can for jake and it seems to be working at the moment.

I'm just happy Jake seems better. We went for a walk yesterday and actually made it around the block. Just two weeks ago jake made it 5 houses before calling it quits for exhaustion. He didn't even care when another dog crossed the street. But yesterday he was back to his old self of sniffing out the car window (rolled down but his head can't get out just the tip of his nose). I'm just happy to have my buddy back at least for a bit longer smile
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 28 2:41 am

Dog Health > Holistic Vet Advice seeing vet tomorrow 8/5/15

Barked: Thu Aug 6, '15 3:38pm PST 
Hi Guys,

The Holistic Vet visit went pretty well. We're going to be starting a mixture of chinese herbs and some chinese mushrooms also. At this point it's all about how much Jake is willing to endure.

He has an ultrasound next week to check the growth of the prostate. Even with everything going as well as it is. And it is going well. Jake is back to his old self again if I see the tumor has grown so large that it's blocking his urethra or bowels then that's it.

But for now everything is going well and our visit was good.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 22 10:16 am

Dog Health > Holistic Vet Advice seeing vet tomorrow 8/5/15

Barked: Tue Aug 4, '15 3:57pm PST 
Hello All,

Mr. Beagle is getting better by the day. We go next Saturday to see if the tumor has shrunk any. For now the treatment of herbs and tea I've been giving him along with the proxicam seem to be helping.

We are going to see a Holistic vet for the first time since there's one not to far from his regular vet that has rave reviews.

What do I need to bring to our first visit? Should I bring the supplements I've been giving him? Or just wait and see what he tells me?

I have very little experience with the whole holistic process.

We're going to see him tomorrow.

From,

Mr Beagle and his mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Nov 22 10:16 am

(Page 1 of 69: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.