Postings by Mr. Jake the Beagle

GO!

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Worried about my girl - vet can't find anything wrong
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Sun May 10, '15 10:22am PST 
your situation sounds similar to mine. Or at least what Jake and I are going through now even though he's a boy. I would recommend a second opinion. Call a few vets offices and ask for one with a high quality image ultrasound machine. My first vets office only used their ultrasound to look and couldn't tell me anything good. The second vet I consulted with yesterday broke bad news to me because his machine has better images and he was able to see what was going on.

The office took into consideration my finances when dealing with Jake and I and i really appreciated it. Though we're going back for another $300 procedure to find out if the masses are cancer or not at least now I have some answers for jake's sudden and worsening urination issues.

I would really ask you to seek a second opinion. Sometimes just like people doctors the first vets miss something. Good luck. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 2 9:54 am

Dog Health > It appears to be cancer (Prostate Cancer) - How to keep weight on and eating up?
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sat May 9, '15 11:11pm PST 
Hello Everyone,

I'm afraid Mr. B might have cancer. I've been to three vets and all three feel his increased urination is being caused by an enlarged prostate. Originally the first two thought he had a UTI and so we have been doing antibiotics but he appears to be loosing weight.

The third doctor (had a good ultrasound machine_ and was able to see that his prostate was oddly shaped indicating potential tumor growth. Since Jake is insured we are going a head with an aspirate to see if it's malignant or not. But either way the doctor says Jake's prognosis isn't good unless the test comes back negative and its just a bad infection that will take a long time to treat but may still come to nothing. frown

So I have a question. What can I feed jake that he will eat?

Currently I'm mixing his Wellness Senior food with wet cat food to get him to eat but its still not making him eat a lot. Is it okay to feed him cat food? or is there another type of dog food that will really make him eat? the vet stressed his weight loss isn't good and is a bit troubling.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, May 11 8:11 am

Dog Health > Enlarged Prostate (how likely is it cancer?)

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 6:41pm PST 
Hello,

I'm sure many of you are aware of my struggles with Jake and his recent urinating and definating in the house. In a last ditch effort to avoid a rehoming and to prove that Jake wasn't a horrible dog I took him to the vet.

What I thought might have been a UTI came back with an x-ray as an enlarged prostate. The vet told me it's probably not cancer but we're waiting for blood work to come back. Until then the vet feels the enlarged prostate is what's triggering the constant urination (just like with men with enlarged prostates).

What is the likely hood you guys think Mr. B has cancer or what are other causes of an enlarged prostate?

The vet sent me home with antibiotics, pain medicine and told me to put him on glucosamine (for a herniated disk in his back).

From,

Mr. B's Mom.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Apr 11 8:02 pm

Dog Health > Will my dog George ever walk again after surgery?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 6:37pm PST 
It's hard to say from what you've put here if he will walk again. But I can say from my past experience with Jake that he walked again and is still walking after having a hurney and spinal infection. It depends on the pronosis from the vet and how much therapy your dog has to go through.

Jake and I were lucky in 2011 when his back went out .Bu that problem continues to haunt us.

Sending positive vibes for your pup.
[notify]
» There has since been 37 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 10 6:39 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > How to Prepare to Rehome a dog?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Mon Mar 16, '15 5:58pm PST 
It is with a heavy heart that I have to ask this question. How do you prepare to rehome a dog? I prefer surrendering Jake to a no kill rather then a kill shelter but my options are limited and my time is apparently short.

Due to our living situation and Jake's apparent inability to cope with our move about a month and a half ago it's getting to the point where He's going to have to go or all of us (myself, sweet Caroline, Jax (my kitten) and Jake included). I cannot put my other two animals at Risk because of Jake's radical and totally dumbfounding behavior. If I had the resources to move out on my own again I would and just deal with it then but that is not an option right now.

I never had an issue with peeing in the house (with both an open door and a dog door available. , peeing on carpet, peeing on concrete, barking for no reason or overall just unruly behavior before I moved in with relatives to avoid being out on the street after a bad break up.

I was lucky my grandparents took me and my animals in, everyone else I asked it was just Me. But now that Jake has started to fall apart at the seams (so it seems) I have to make this decision if things don't turn around quickly.

I'm literally at my witts end and that's why I need to know how to rehome a dog.

Jake is CGC trained, Graduated from Petsmart's training program, and Petco's training program.

He gets walked for 30 minutes a day in the afternoons when I'm home (I work from 5am until 5pm and when I get home i walk him).

He has another dog which canceled out the seperation distress he suffered from for the first year and a half that I had him.

I have tried toys, kennels, music, stuffed kongs, stuffed balls.

I think i've done everything but contact an exorcist to try and help this dog. And it breaks my heart that I don't know what else to do.

So any advise on how to rehome a dog would be greatly appreciated since I don't think his behavior is going to get any better anytime soon.

From,

Jake's Mom.

PS- All these things only happen when I'm not home. When I'm home he pees on the grass, doesn't pee inside and otherwise acts like his normal well behaved self.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Mar 21 12:10 am

Raw Food Diet > Steve's Real Food? - Anyone have experience?
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sun Jun 2, '13 7:59pm PST 
Hello all ! party

We've been gone for quite a while. Mom has been busy running two jobs and school and then weekends is obedience classes again red face since I seem to be regressing and then Sweetie has some other courses she has to do to. Go figure right.

Anyway we had some issues with Sweetie and bone content for home made raw food so mom kind of gave up. She put us back on dog food for a while since her schedule was crazy. I'm still stuck eating Nutrica from Dogswell... and Sweetie was eating I and Love and You.

Our neighbor's dog didn't like this food called "Stevie's Real Food" Beef and so she gave it to our mom. It says its a premade pour and serve dog food.

Anyone know anything about it? Or have experience with it?

This it the first food Sweetie is eating without having to doctor it up with salmon sauce and stuff. :C Though that mean now i can't eat her food anymore.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Poppy, Jun 3 12:44 am

Dog Laws & Legislation > My dog bit a small dog

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 5:52pm PST 
so happy you were able to find a solution for your problem.

Things will most likely be okay from now on.

Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Harley, May 8 2:02 am

Dog Health > What monthly preventives do you use...? Heartgard, flea and tick...anything else..?

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 9:41pm PST 
During the winter months here I don't use preventative unless I know Jake and now Sweetie are going somewhere. Typically because of the weather the only places jake goes in winter is daycare and it's indoor with no fleas. So he doesn't get any medication. But if i decide we're going ot the dog park for some reason he'll get an application a few days before hand. in the spring and summer though they get Fidoguard. During the "off" months like winter they may get sentry. It's cheap and effective out here.

I bought heart worm medication specifically for this summer becasue of where we live. I saw a mysquito but it was too late to get the injection version that lasts 6 months so both my dogs are currently on Wormshield. When we move away they will get getting a heart worm test and then the injection form of heart worm medication that's good for 6 months.

I tried natural remedies and none of them worked. I ended up with an infestation only lots of bombs, capstap (sp) and eventually trifexus could get rid of. it sucked....
[notify]
» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Frankie, May 8 12:54 pm

Behavior & Training > x post from Travel .... Travel Anxiety

Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 2:42pm PST 
i let jake wear the phermone collar all the time except when we went to the dog park (no anxiety there) big grin. So you coudl put it on inside and then leave it on in the car and while you're out i guess. it doesn't do any harm and they tend to smell nice.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ranger , May 6 6:21 am

Dogs and a Clean Home > Help with ticks!
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

Barked: Thu May 2, '13 10:15am PST 
Do you mean fleas or ticks?

either way just go chemical. On the first run. Give him a dip or take him to the vet to get dipped. Or buy those shampoos and wear gloves.

We got infested with fleas once becuase i tried to naturally take care of jake's fleas. Worst thing i ever did.

I gave jake a capstar and went from there.

Capstar is a 24 hour flea kill medication given by mouth. you can buy it at the petstore and it will take everything on him and kill it. Then you can go from there.

I used to give jake Capstarts before we went to the dog park after my car became infested with fleas becuase of his dogginess >.>
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr. Jake the Beagle, May 2 10:15 am

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.