GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Stray Dog in the yard. Dont wanna call AC cause it will be put down how do I help it?
Hailie

Hey leave my- family ALONE!

Barked: Sun Jan 12, '14 6:56pm PST 
Saw Phantom today. He looks better a little heavier but still really shy. I could only get half way across the yard before I saw what he was doing. The neighbors behind us have chickens IN TOWN. one of the chickens escaped the yard and was scratching and pecking the ground outside the fenced in yard. The neighbors with the chickens have a 5 foot high unroofed chain link fence around their yard. Its not secure enough for coyotes or foxes or any other animal to not be able to get in to get the chickens or to keep the chickens in and safe. Anyway I watched Phantom the stray catch and kill this chicken then trot off across several yards with the chicken in his jaws. He is definitely GSD but he looks like a badly bred American GSD. I have a feeling that Hailie will get blamed for the chicken getting killed and carried off because she is one of the few GSDs in our area. I have proof that she wasnt the one who killed the chicken though because she was in her kennel and was eating out of her feeder at the time. I know because I had just filled her feeder up two minutes before.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Stray Dog in the yard. Dont wanna call AC cause it will be put down how do I help it?
Hailie

Barked: Fri Jan 3, '14 10:21am PST 
Havent seen Phantom since the break in a few nights ago. I think he got pretty spooked by the person who broke in. I cant say I blame him I am pretty shook up too. My thought has been since it happened "what if we had been home?" As for the temps its in the 30's here in southern Indiana with temps expected to hit -10 over the weekend. I only hope that Phantom is ok.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Hailie

Barked: Tue Dec 31, '13 11:32pm PST 
He looks pure shepherd to me, and we live too far in town for Phantom to be a coyote. I doubt he will be back today though after our house was broken into while my husband and I were out having a rare date night. I did leave a very tasty treat out for him though. I cooked up some meat that had been in the fridge for a couple weeks. I mixed it with a small leftover slice of pizza and some kibble so he might come back. I saw him this morning right outside the kennel run where Tank and Bella go when we let them out during the day. He looked like he had just come out from getting a drink in the garage. I just hope he knows I am trying to help.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Hailie

Barked: Mon Dec 30, '13 11:08pm PST 
I am gonna leave something really yummy for him tonight before I go to bed. The only place he could go to get warm is in the fenced in run we have up for Tank and Bella and its attached to the side of the garage where the door is open. We leave the gate open when we bring the dogs in at night. We are calling him or her Phantom for now.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Hailie

Barked: Sun Dec 29, '13 11:29pm PST 
I want to ad that I want to make sure this pup gets fattened up before we try to find a new home for it. Hailie was lucky if she was 20 pounds when she showed up in the yard. Last time she got weighed she was 65 pounds and that was when she was spayed. I want to fatten this guy up like we did Hailie. I just dont feel comfortable sending him to a rescue till he is healthy.
[notify]
» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Hailie

Barked: Sun Dec 29, '13 5:05pm PST 
There has been a stray dog roaming around our yard since it started getting cold. My hubby saw it this morning and said its either a young GSD or Belgain Mal. He said now he knows where the spilled dog food has been going at night after we feed the dogs. He tried to get close to it today but it ran from him. I would like to try and help it because I would hate to see it get hit or shot. There has been some one shooting off a gun at night somewhere in the area. I also know that the shelter in our town is a kill shelter and would put this poor dog down. The hubby said its really skinny like Hailie was when we got her. A friend suggested getting a live trap and baiting it with a bowl of wet food. I thought about keeping food down for it and just slowly moving the food bowl closer to the door. Maybe I can make friends with the poor thing. First thing after that would be to get it to my vet for a check up and shots. First though is gaining its trust. How do I help this poor dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Jan 17 5:28 pm

Dog Health > Taking a newly spayed dog for a walk in a state park?

Hailie

Barked: Sun Apr 7, '13 9:09pm PST 
We ended up not getting to do anything at all because my hubby woke up with a major panic attack Saturday then we had to go to a viewing today. One of my cousins passed away this past week. His funeral is tomorrow. We left Hailie loose in the kitchen with a gate across the door when we left to attend the viewing and when we got home we found that she had climbed up onto her crate then walked across the top of it then jumped over the gate so she was loose in the house. We have a wire crate with a blanket over it for her to lay in but thanks to a tree falling on the house during the winter the roof leaks so we had to move her crate over by the back door to keep her from getting soaked when it rains.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 9:09 pm

Hailie

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 9:31pm PST 
I give the meds at 8:30 pm then walk them around 9 then put them to bed for the night. What friends I have are all going to be super busy this weekend. I have already talked to my friends and none of them can do it. I am going to call the vet in the morning to see what he says. He was pretty pressed for time when we picked the girls up so he pretty much forgot to tell me what they could and couldnt do. I am having trouble keeping the girls calm because they want to run and jump. Since Bella was never leash trained by her former owner she can be a bit of a brat at times but she is getting better as long as I use a halti or gentle leader to walk her. I find it kind of strange that Bella only got 4 pills and a higher mg dose than Hailie. Bella weighs 58.6 pounds and Hailie weighs 65 pounds.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 9:09 pm

Hailie

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 7:42pm PST 
I wanted to add that the vet put the girls on Ramadyl Bella gets 1 100mg tab every 24 hours and Hailie gets 1 75 mg tab every 24 hours for pain and inflammation. I looked at both girls incisions today and they look great. Hailie has a little drainage but nothing at all like what Garnet did when she was spayed.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 9:09 pm

Hailie

Barked: Fri Apr 5, '13 7:03pm PST 
What I meant was for a couple hours. Bella was jumping around earlier today as was Hailie. They were both jumping and pretty much pulled the vets assistants from the kennel to the waiting room Thursday when we picked them up. I have been trying to keep them calm but its not working out well. I took Hailie for a short walk this evening just a block and a half away from home and although we had to cut the walk short because of some jerk who wouldnt catch his dog she still wanted to walk more. Bella was the same way when I took her out before I went to pick my husband up from school.
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Apr 7 9:09 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.