Postings by MIKA&KAI

GO!

(Page 1 of 431: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jun 17, '14 7:09am PST 
Lily- Feel better soon!!! I am 3 weeks post surgery for a degenerative disk. I had a discectomy and spinal fusion at C- 5/6. I am healing well but will be in the rigid neck brace for nearly 5 weeks before my follow-up appointment, the rigid brace usually comes off at 4 weeks but I can't get the soft brace until the doctor sees the x-ray and clears me to have it.

Flika-hughughughugflowersflowersflowersflowers I hope you are doing well and everything is going okay. Please be safe and be well.

Take Care everyone.hugflowerswisheswave You are all in my thoughts.
[notify]
» There has since been 474 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:00 am

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Jun 10, '14 6:43am PST 
Just wanted to pop in and say "Hello" to everyone. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good summer. I had hoped to be back on Dogster more regularly but have had a lot of problems getting it to work. I miss you all. Take Care and have a wonderful day!!!hughughughughughughughughug
[notify]
» There has since been 508 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:00 am

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 7:34am PST 
Morning All- Stopped by to leave some hugs for those who need and waves to everyone.hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug andwavewavewavewave
[notify]
» There has since been 994 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Today 4:00 am

Akita > Do you have this problem too?

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 7:10am PST 
I have to agree with the (Guest?) poster here, it would seem that your Akita did not have enough early socialization with strangers. You can do as the poster suggested or you can also muzzle her and take her to places that are not familiar but people are around and begin to teach her by treating her for behaving properly around people, for example sitting near you, instead of lunging. For safety and her comfort, do not force her to be petted until she has been behaving properly and move slowly through the steps of socializing her. You might also want to consult a behaviorist or trainer in your area to help you. Things can get better but it will take a lot of effort and work from both you and your dog. Good Luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 8 7:10 am

Akita > Akita muzzle?

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 7:02am PST 
If you must have them outside together then your best option is a basket muzzle. It is common for Akitas to not care much for smaller animals and see them as prey and same-sex aggression, as in your Akita is also a female is common as well. Good Luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 8 7:02 am

Behavior & Training > A. Akita distracted with all other animals how to prevent????
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 6:51am PST 
Teaching focus to an Akita is one of, if not the most difficult task there is, I have raised three. Aside from what you are already doing and have tried, the only thing I can recommend is that you FIRST, teach him focus in an area with no distractions, indoors where there is nothing new of interest, then perhaps in the yard, then on walks. Even if you make no other progress and can still not get his full attention around other dogs while on a walk, if you get him to just continue moving without needing to watch the other dog or animal intently, you have done well. If you are one of those who tried to reach me personally using my gmail account and were unable to do so, I am sorry. My router went down and my desktop refuses to give me access to that account. Hopefully that will be fixed soon. I however plan to be available on Dogster more than I have been in the past 6 months or so,so you can try my p-mail as well. Good Luck and keep working with Zeus, it can only get better!!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 8 6:51 am

Puppy Place > New Puppy!!

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 6:29am PST 
Congrats, Ty!! Your puppy is adorable and I wish you both the very best!!!hughughugwisheswisheswisheswishescheercheercheercheerhappy dancehappy dancehappy dancehappy dance
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Hershey, May 30 6:34 pm

Dog Health > akitas coat

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 6:26am PST 
The only grooming an Akita should ever need is a twice yearly bath( unless the shampoo is medicated, and the vet has told you otherwise) and weekly brushing. If the flat you are referring to is lack of a shine and you have been using clippers most likely you have damaged he top coat which can take years to return to normal if it ever does. More information would be very helpful here. I have had Akita's for 17 years so I should be able to help. What are you feeding? Any vitamins or supplements? What type of grooming have you been doing? how often? As specifically as possible, what do you mean by, "His coat is flat?" I will be happy to help in any way I can and Good Luck to you.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Apr 8 6:26 am

Dog Health > Please help me, I do not know if it is time to put my beloved dog to sleep

MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Tue Apr 8, '14 6:17am PST 
Sending (((HUGS))) and "Power of the Paw" to you and your pup. I do not envy your position. I have been there myself. Only you know your dog well enough to decide if it is time to have him PTS. I can only tell you what others already have, you need to consider life from his perspective. Is he in pain? What is he no longer able to do that he once did easily? Does he seem depressed? Given time are things likely to get better? If the things he can still do are outnumbered by the things he can no longer do, he seems to be in pain and as someone else said, the bad days now outnumber the good it may be time. For some reason they also seem to be able to let us know when they are just too tired of fighting to go on.hughughughughughughughughug I wish you well in making your decision. It is a very difficult and very personal one to make and never easy.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hanna Belle, Apr 8 7:46 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Free to good home, 14 month chi, moving can't keep her. :( rant
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Mar 3, '14 6:19am PST 
Our former landlord ( we have since bought the house) was also anti-pets but we had an elderly Akita/GSD mix that I could not leave or live without. We offered our landlord a pet agreement. We offered to carry renters insurance in case of a dog bite, she was already spayed so that was no issue, we also agreed to pay for and repair any damage, offered regular inspections of the property for damage and a separate pet deposit. We also agreed to find out all ordinances applying to pets and live by them. Given that we were so willing to give a good faith effort and do so much our landlord let us have the dog. He was so impressed by her good behavior that when she crossed the bridge, he had no problem with our request to get a new puppy. I don't know if this would be helpful to any of you but it may be worth a try. Good Luck!!
[notify]
» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Princesse Lily CGN, Mar 23 10:18 am

(Page 1 of 431: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.