Postings by Bruno

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Titer Result Questions
Bruno

Barked: Thu Apr 11, '13 6:38pm PST 
That's weird that Chance's results don't list the actual numbers. Bruno had a seizure late Monday night so I think I'm going to play it safe and not booster him. He has mid protection according to the test so I think he should be fine. But does anyone else have any input? I thought more people on here titered.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ava, NTD, May 3 10:29 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Winter coats/Sweaters for active short haired dogs.
Bruno

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '12 11:11am PST 
We decided on Chilly Dogs. They are really great quality and keep them warm. Here are some pictures.

Bruno

Bruno and Zoey

Zoey
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Nov 12 8:57 am

Dogster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Winter coats/Sweaters for active short haired dogs.

Bruno

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 10:53am PST 
Anyone? Did I post this in the wrong area?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Nov 12 8:57 am

Bruno

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 1:37pm PST 
Hello people of Dogster! I know this is a subject that most people don't agree upon, but my dogs wear coats and sweaters in the winter. Bruno more often than Zoey because he is as I lovingly call him a "naked mole rat". We live in MN and it gets very cold here,I'd rather have them look a little silly and still be able to go on walks/runs than be freezing and only be able to go potty and on a quick walk. I have had ones from drfostersmith for awhile and had planned on getting new ones last year but never got around to it.

So my question is which brand of coats look better? I at first was going to get ones from k9 apparel because they look warm, have a lot of great reviews, and have a lot of nice colors. But the only problem is the coats close with velcro and over time velcro does wear out and these are pretty expensive winter coats. I don't want to get a 100 dollar coat and in a year have to buy a new one because it won't stay shut. Then I found Chilly Dogs and they are around the same price range but close with buckles, the only bad thing is they have less colors and don't look nearly as warm as k9 apparel. Please help me choose, or maybe even recommend a brand you use. Thanks!

Chilly dogs: Great White North Winter Coat
http://www.chillydogs.ca/index.php/product/index/30

K9 apparel: Winter Coat
http://k9apparel.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13 0_123&products_id=2726
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kashmir ♥ CGC, Nov 12 8:57 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Newfoundlands.

Bruno

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 6:54pm PST 
Hi Sabi! wave

Where do you think I should look for breeders? I looked on the Newf club of america's site and found these ones in my state and nearby
Nuvo Newfoundlands
Minnemato Newfoundlands
Timber Mist Newfs
Blue Moon Newfs
Haytee Newfs
Brookside Newfs
Moonsail Newfoundlands

What do you think of these ones? From what I can tell they all do testing, other than health testing what should I look for? The dogs are all beautiful. Could you tell me what Newf breeders you know? I have only ever owned a newfoundland mix but he was wonderful and is one of the reasons I want to get a full newfoundland.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Lucille, May 29 6:52 am

Bruno

Barked: Mon May 28, '12 3:54pm PST 
Anyone? I'm sure there has to be at least one newfoundland owner here.
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lucille, May 29 6:52 am

Bruno

Barked: Sun May 27, '12 11:33am PST 
I started a thread awhile back about choosing a breed and thought I had decided not to get a giant breed but I've been researching them more and am pretty set on getting a Newfoundland within the next year.

Now my questions does anyone know of a good Newfoundland breeder near Minnesota, or how do I go about looking for a breeder (I've always rescued). Also anyone who owns Newfoundlands can you tell me a little more about them. I want to see and meet more Newfoundlands in person should I go to dog shows?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Lucille, May 29 6:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching foods due to recalls.

Bruno

Barked: Thu May 24, '12 5:38pm PST 
Fischer Zoey has been doing great on the Acana Wild Prairie and they both really like it Bruno has been on the Pacifica and has been having soft poop so I might end up switching his protein source. I was also surprised and how low it was priced I think it was 55 dollars for a 29 pound bag of wild prairie and 63 for a 29 pound bag of pacifica. Hopefully your pup's do good on it and like it as much as mine do!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , May 25 3:48 pm

Dog Health > Soft poop?

Bruno

Barked: Thu May 24, '12 5:26pm PST 
We switched Bruno from totw pacific stream to Acana Pacifica almost a month ago. His poops usually are normal except for an occasional soft poop,But since we switched he has had 1-2 extremely soft poops a day. I have been giving him 2-3 tablespoons of pumpkin for the past week and it doesn't seem to be doing anything. He recently had a parasite test done, everything was negative and he doesn't act any different. But it can't be good for him to be having such soft poop or basically diarrhea every day. Can anyone think of anything that could be causing this or any way I can help him?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Maxwell, May 25 8:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Switching foods due to recalls.
Bruno

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 7:23pm PST 
I picked up a big bag of Acana wild prairie for Zoey and Acana Pacifica for Bruno today. They so far have only had it for dinner but they seemed to like it, I won't know how they are going to do in the long term yet though.

The woman at our pet store asked why were switching (we've been going there for a long time and they know us) I said it was because of the recalls and we were going to stop feeding our dogs food made by Diamond. I guess were not the only ones she said 15+ people have come in saying the same thing and that's just at that store they have 13 in my state! So they've been recommending Orijen, Natures Variety, Acana, The Honest Kitchen, Fromm, Go!, and Earthborn Holistic. She said they have been selling a ton of Acana, Earthborn, And Orijen though. I guess Diamond is going to be realizing there mistakes pretty quickly
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 25 3:48 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.