Postings by Buster

GO!

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Choosing the Right Dog > New Ideas- sporty small/medium dog
Buster

Barked: Tue Jan 14, '14 7:19pm PST 
What about a pom? My friend has one that is scarily smart, can walk around an open air museum for about 4 hours and still be playing with a cat straight after with the only barking being at the seemingly evil carousel. He does agility and obedience and learns really fast, I had a stuffed toy that made a noise when you pressed its ear, it took about 4 presses before he started nudging said ear

If that's too small german spitz can get bigger but I'm not sure of their availability in the US
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Buster, Jan 14 7:19 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > The Miniature Schnauzer: An In-Depth Consideration
Buster

Barked: Wed Mar 27, '13 2:16pm PST 
Any club that recognises a commercial breeder breeding for teacup schnauzers among things isn't worth listening to imo. First link in their member database.

I think breeding merle into a breed that doesn't have it is dangerous. It's such a fashionable colour that people would jump on the bandwagon and either through ignorance or greed breed double merles.

Schnauzers are amazing dogs why breed a mix that could change them so much.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Mar 28 8:14 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs

Buster

Barked: Fri Mar 8, '13 4:58pm PST 
There was a border collie/poodle in the htm at Crufts yesterday. Absolutely in the right kind of home it belongs to Richard Curtis and a beautiful dog but would be a disaster in most hands.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Baby, Mar 10 10:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Calling all Designer Dogs/ Unique Combinations of dogs

Buster

Barked: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:40pm PST 
The oddest mix I've seen was border collie/peke. They left them together when the collie was in season thinking nothing could happen they were very wrong. She wasn't too exaggerated but I can't imagine the hell a dog with the energy and drive of a collie trapped in a peke body would go through.

I have met a jack/shih tzu possibly the cutest puppy ever. The owner was like he's jack russell/shih tzu otherwise known as jack sh* laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Baby, Mar 10 10:42 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Pick Me A Breed

Buster

Barked: Wed Mar 6, '13 5:07am PST 
What about a pomeranian? If you can handle barking that is. Sweet, love their people,very velcro, definitely have a big personality and very smart.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Apr 10 8:42 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Breed match for me
Buster

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 4:51am PST 
A well bred golden retriever? Love everyone, very affectionate to their people, one of the service dog breeds, can do just about any sport and do them well.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Thor CGC, Mar 7 1:32 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > Russell terrier?

Buster

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 1:14pm PST 
In the UK it's more any small terrier that's mostly white tends to get called a jack laugh out loud and even sometimes when they're not mostly white. There is a jack russell club I think that holds terrier shows but most are just pet bred or bred by farmers for working stock.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Gizmo, Feb 18 3:02 pm

Buster

Barked: Mon Feb 18, '13 10:34am PST 
So what I thought basically thanks for the confirmation I just got confused about how Australia came into it.

I thought the taller jacks were still called jacks here too only the registered ones were called parsons. Skipper is adorable btw.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Feb 18 3:02 pm

Buster

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 6:00pm PST 
That's what I thought but different websites are saying they were developed in Australia but the jack russell is an english breed so I'm very confused
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Feb 18 3:02 pm

Buster

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 12:28pm PST 
So I've been watching westminster and these little guys are a new breed. Are they just short legged jack russells as compared to the taller parsons or something completely different?
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Feb 18 3:02 pm

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.