Postings by Taylor

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Want info- as much as you all have
Taylor

Barked: Mon Aug 20, '12 7:53pm PST 
I am so sorry that your poor girl possibly has DM.

Taylor was diagnosed with DM in October of 2011, after showing symptoms for about 5 months his symptoms were hip swaying and he would walk on the tops of his feet. Taylor's DM progressed very quickly, he went from having almost full mobility to nearly none when we decided to let him go in February, so he only lived about 10 months after diagnosis.

I don't want that to discourage you though Taylor had just turned 14 and also had canine cognitive dysfuntion. I'm not exactly sure if this is a part of the DM since a lot of the articles I read had contridicting information. But he lost control of his bladder and bowels everyday, but I think a lot of this was the CGD. The bottoms up leash helped him A LOT in the beginning, I started him on a supplement called Dog gone pain or DGP since he had pain in his spine which was an amazing supplement and I think gave him more time since he had less mobility problems afterwards. He was also on fish oil, glucosomine, selenium, vitamin c, and vitamin b. The best advice I have it to just make sure that you keep Sabi's muscle mass in her back legs up, because that I believe made it worse for Taylor because he lost so much muscle. I would really also start her on the DGP and see if it helps. I will link you to the supplement and the thread I started when Taylor was diagnosed.

http://dgpforpets.com/

http://www.dogster.com/forum s/Senior_Dogs/thread/721863/1
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Mika, Dec 26 7:28 pm

Senior Dogs > Some advice and ideas for dogs with Canine Cognitive Dysfunction
Taylor

Barked: Sun Apr 29, '12 10:38am PST 
We dealt with this with Taylor before he passed away. Canine Cognitive Dysfunction is so hard to deal with and watch. The main things I can say helped were keeping the same routine, not moving furniture or doing anything different, for accidents we took Taylor out every 2 hours and that helped a lot. Taylor was almost completely blind so we always made sure that he had a light on because he got upset and scared if there wasn't one.

Near the end I really couldn't leave the house very often because if I wasn't in his sight he would cry and get very upset. We tried Anipryl but it didn't seem to help much, you could always try it and see if it helps. I think the best thing you can do for Penny is just to love her, because that's really all you can do at this point. I know how heartbreaking it is to watch them get lost or upset, but just spend time with penny I spent a lot of time just sitting and petting or brushing Taylor because it really honestly helped him just being there. Good luck I hope this helps a little bit.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Penny, I Miss You Sooo Much , Jul 23 10:16 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye My Sweet Hound Dog.

Taylor

Barked: Tue Mar 13, '12 9:00pm PST 
My best friend since 2000 passed away in my arms on 2/23/2012 he was 14 year's old. From the moment we got him he was always very sweet, always loved to give kisses even to his last day.When we got him he was very scared and scarred from past abused he was a hound dog who wouldn't hunt so his owners abused him,he had scars from cigarette burns. They lost an amazing dog who loved to go for walks,get treats, cuddle, and play with his kids. It has been so very hard losing him but his body was failing him and it was not fair to let him go on in the state he was in. I love him very much, and miss him dearly. Goodbye my sweet boy, I cannot wait until we meet again hopefully you're having fun with Grandma, Bart, Chief and Gypsy I know they are taking care of you. I love you Tay Tay.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Mar 16 11:11 am

Senior Dogs > My poor Taylor is having a hard time.

Taylor

Barked: Tue Mar 13, '12 8:47pm PST 
Thank you all for your sweet words. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Taylor

Barked: Fri Mar 2, '12 8:09pm PST 
I know I have not posted any updates about Taylor in a long time. I just thought that I would come and tell the people who helped me so much that I lost my sweet hound dog on 2/23/12. It has been very hard not having him here with me but I know in my heart that he was not happy even though at the end he got girl scout cookies daily which did make him happy. Thanks everyone for your support you honestly don't know how much it has helped me these past few months. Goodbye my sweet boy I love you so much.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Taylor

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 11:31pm PST 
Thanks for reminding me Mika&Kai. Now that Thanksgiving is right around the corner I would like to thank Mika&Kai, Scooter, Lexi, Maggie, Buddy, Grace, Beaurgard, Marcus, Clyde, Sonja, Fritz and Misty. You don't know how much you have helped my mom try her best to deal with my issues. She has had a very rough year taking care of us pups. With my brother Bart getting cancer and passing away my little sister who is only 3 having a cancerous tumor removed (luckily it was low grade and shouldn't cause a problem), my other brother Bruno having a scary ER visit due to food bloat and now my issues.-Taylor.

Taylor thanks you and so do I. These dogs that we are given are gifts and we should be grateful for them everyday I know I am. Life is short and you don't want to miss a thing. I make sacrifices for my dogs everyday and I know so many people here on Dogster do as well. This Thanksgiving please be thankful for everything you are given in life no matter how big or small. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Taylor

Barked: Thu Nov 17, '11 6:42pm PST 
Sorry for the lack of updates. Taylor turned 14 on November 2nd and he a great day. His legs are getting a lot worse we pretty much have had to cut out his daily walks going just half way around the block exhausts him to the point where he can't walk and the bottoms up leash makes it worse. I don't see much difference in his cognitive function, but he is still loving life and waiting for it to snow. (Hurry up and snow Minnesota!!!) I will attach some pictures of his birthday.

Cake!

Give me some cake!

Eating cake

I'm 14!
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Dog Health > Happy Halloween!

Taylor

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 8:28pm PST 
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!
Happy Howloween!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Nov 1 4:12 am

Taylor

Barked: Mon Oct 31, '11 8:03pm PST 
Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!
Happy Howloween!

Taylor the Jester!
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Yogi, Mar 21 4:14 pm

Dog Health > glucosamine dogster poll
Taylor

Barked: Wed Oct 26, '11 12:27pm PST 
We get a glucosamine, msm and chondrotin for Taylor and he's been on it for a few years it really does help him. I can't help you with the brand because its from my vets office, and they only sell it there. I pay about 40 dollars for a 120 box. We also give him DGP or Dog gone pain. Its a natural supplement that helps him get around easier.
[notify]
» There has since been 29 posts. Last posting by Adam, Nov 25 9:12 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.