Postings by Rosie Moondog

GO!

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Isabelle Roverandum - P.O.T.U.S
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:52pm PST 
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts. It's been hard on all of us losing Isabel. We buried her at a place of fond memories. We are going to be honoring her in a variety of ways. The one I am liking the best is getting a new sister. One thing's for sure life is not boring with Shelly around. I think she's been possessed by Isabel quite frankly. And since she sleeps in her crate I am guaranteed plenty of room on the bed...pawesome. But I'd give all that up to have my Shellies back. I still miss her so.

I love you Isabel!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Rosie Moondog, Feb 14 9:52 pm

Food & Nutrition > What's The Best Food Out On The Market?
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '07 11:39am PST 
Does cat poo count as dry food, or would that be in the moist category? As far as I'm concerned that's the best food around, especially when it's fresh! It tastes like cat food, and cat! And best of all I know exactly who made it. Now if I could just figure out how to get to the laundry room...maybe if I dug a tunnel...
[notify]
» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Andy, Jan 5 12:27 pm

Dog Health > Doggy Depression

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 7:45am PST 
Sorry Isabel, I didn't mean to make you sad. But I'm glad we're best friends now!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sturgis, Dec 23 10:33 pm

Dog Health > Boy did I scare my mom...

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sat Dec 22, '07 6:54am PST 
I do this too!!! I never knew what it was, but Dad never really worried about it because I don't get upset when it happens, and it stops pretty quickly. I have an episode maybe four times a year. It almost always happens at night when I'm laying down. When it starts I sit up a little. Then Dad strokes my face and head to soothe me and it stops pretty quickly. We'll try the throat rub next time and see if that helps.

It's funny that it's called reverse sneezing 'cause when I do it it sounds like I'm trying to clear something out of my nose by breathing in...we just never knew what it was. Ya learn something new every day.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Teddi (at the bridge), Dec 24 8:58 am

Food & Nutrition > Do you know that we can eat fruit and vegies?

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 8:12pm PST 
Though it's true that we can't readily get nutrients from whole raw veggies due to our inability to break down cellulose, we can get some benefit from eating mashed, or pureed veggies. Leafy veggies like spinach are good.

I find it interesting that our stomach acid is so acidic that it can break down bone, but not cellulose...

In answer to your question Sassy as to whether or not you deserved the sarcasm, I would hope that most here would say that you didn't. At least I say you didn't.
[notify]
» There has since been -7 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 18 12:02 pm

Food & Nutrition > list of people foods that you should never feed any dog!
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Mon Dec 17, '07 11:30am PST 
Some might disagree with me, but I think cat poo is AWESOME!!! The fresher the better! Unfortunately I'm blocked from getting to the cookie factory (aka the litter box). How can you beat poo that tastes like cat? That's right, you can't!
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 19 10:58 am

Food & Nutrition > How many times do you eat per day?

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Mon Dec 3, '07 5:27pm PST 
Rosie, eating once a day is just one of many factors that can contribute to bloat. Other factors, as laid out in the Purdue study led by Dr. Larry Glickman are; stress, exercising too close to meals, among others. It's all about risk management. The more contributing factors you eliminate the less likely you are to suffer from bloat.

Since you don't like eating meals in the morning, maybe your humans could feed you twice in the evening. They could give you half your portion at your normal feeding time, and the rest a couple hours later. Your food's pretty much out of your tummy after 2 hours.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 1:19 am

Food & Nutrition > How many times do you eat per day?

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Sun Dec 2, '07 8:39pm PST 
Hey Rosie wave

If you wanted to split up your meals you could add a little canned food to make it more appealing. Me? Just put it in my bowl and I'm there. I really don't care what time of day it is...feel like givin' me a snack in the middle of the night? Outta sight!

We started getting two meals a day because Isabel wouldn't eat her whole portion at once. Then I'd eat what was left and throw up. Then I'd eat the throwup 'cause hey...free throwup. big grin

I used to eat my food really fast. My vet made me eat 3 meals a day just to make sure I didn't barf because I was eating too fast. I've slowed down quite a bit, but still get 2 meals a day. I don't think I'd make it just eating once a day. We get breakfast when Dad wakes up, and dinner in the evening. Of course there are snacks in between.

We also avoid eating right before or right after exercising. We consider that just as important as splitting up meals in regard to avoiding bloat.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by , Dec 7 1:19 am

Food & Nutrition > Grain Free Treats?

Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 6:21am PST 
Rats!!! Well, maybe I should register my name and then sue them.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Isabel & Rosie:The Dynamic Duo, Nov 16 7:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > Grain Free Treats?
Rosie- Moondog

I Love My- Shellies

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 6:19am PST 
Hey Harley, I can't help but notice that there is a treat named after me; Rosie's Rewards! Maybe I can sue them for copyright infringement.
[notify]
» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by Isabel & Rosie:The Dynamic Duo, Nov 16 7:16 pm

(Page 1 of 66: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.