Postings by Ginger

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Dog Health > Ginger Really Needs Your Positive Thoughts/Prayers
Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 3:35pm PST 
We have decided that its no kind of life taking not being able to walk at all and the vet doesn't think she'll improve. My parents are going to call the vet and see if they can put her down tonight. This is the worst day ever. So close to Christmas I bought her a new bed that she'll never get to enjoy. I know she is old but I thought we would have another few good years. She is still sharp as a tack. Shes my first dog. This just, it just sucks. I came home and Madison wanted to play tug with her rope bone like we always do and I just couldn't do it. This isn't fair.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 21 9:14 pm

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Wed Dec 12, '12 12:05pm PST 
The X-ray came up clean. The vet believes that she had a stroke. He said that it is unlikely she'll gain back any use of her legs. He said shes not in any pain and we could take her home with meds with hope that she might regain the use of legs its unlikely but stranger things have happened. Or the second option is to put her down. We are going to have a family conference this evening to talk about it. This really sucks.
[notify]
» There has since been 26 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 21 9:14 pm

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Tue Dec 11, '12 5:12pm PST 
Ginger is spending the night at the E-Vet tonight after my mom came home today and found Ginger unable to get up and use her legs.

Ginger does not live with me but I do still never much consider her my dog as we got her on my birthday when I was in 3rd grade so I pretty much grew up with this dog and she has been in my family for over half my life.

According to my parents she'll curl her toes if you mess with the hair between her toes which the vet said was significant but he didnt say good or bad and my parents were too worried to ask. They are giving her anti-inflammatories and steriods tonight and will watch her tonight. They will be doing xrays in the morning. Of course the possible list of things the vet mentioned it could be were all very serious, life ending issues we are just hoping it is none of those things and hopefully something treatable. Shes 14 and so shes pretty old but beside dental problems and hearing loss she is a healthy dog who has shown no signs of anything wrong.
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Dec 21 9:14 pm

Dog Health > Mouth Infection??

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Mon Dec 26, '11 11:00am PST 
Thanks for the posts guys. Good to know Kloppers that I'm not the only one. Ginger was given a mouth wash which we have been using and we'll be going back to the vet this week since she has one more day of antibiotics left. So we'll see what the vet says before I ask him about pulsing or a culture.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 26 11:00 am

Dog Health > Mouth Infection??

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Fri Dec 23, '11 8:46am PST 
Some of you may have read my previous post about Ginger. We had noticed a few months ago her breath had reeked like not normal doggy breath but somethings not right in there. She also had this grey stuff on the side of her mouth that really smelled. We took her in to the vet and he said it might just be an infection that antibiotics can tak care of. Her liver levels were also a little high but the vet said its probably the infection. She was on antibiotics twice a day for 5 days. The smelly grey stuff decreased. After the antibiotics the stuff came back and her breath smelled terrible again. Another trip to the vet last Friday. He thought the smelly grey stuff might be food that's been catching in this hole that's basically been eaten away on her bottom jaw below one of her molars the carnassial tooth. We took her Monday for a dental. The vet called said he thinks it was cancer and her liver levels had raised again he said probobally from the cancer. We opted for a biopsy. The vet called today said the biopsy results came back and didn't find any cancer. He seemed skeptical because there has basically been a gap eaten away at her gums. He wants to see her again when she's been off antibiotics she got a 10 day supply 2x a day. He's never really seen anything like it he suggested a severe on-going case of gingivitis which I got a kick out of because one of Ginges nicknames is gingivitis. Gingivitis has gingivitis lol. Back to the situation though he also said that he may want to put her on antibiotics for a year. Which I didn't like that idea to long to be on a medication in my opinion.

My question is has anybody ever heard of this happening or any experience? I'll try and post a picture of it later today if if I get a chance and can find my camera. Any advice? What about her liver levels being high should I be worried or be giving something for it like milk thistle or something?

Some background on Ginger.
12 years old. 55lb. mutt. Her first dental as on Monday. She currently takes tumeric, glucosamine and has been getting a probiotic since starting the antibiotics. Thanks for any advice or help. The vet seemed a little stumped so I figured I'd ask y'all.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Dec 26 11:00 am

Choosing the Right Dog > Dog breed people needed
Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Tue Dec 6, '11 11:11am PST 
I don't know a whole lot about different breeds because I just have mutts but two dogsters first came to my mind you might want to pm them, hopefully they wont get mad for me suggesting their names but Trigger is very passionate and knowledgeable about labs and hunting with them. Tiller seems to know a lot about everything haha. There are lots of dogsters here very passionate about their breeds hopefully they'll pop in. Good luck on your website sounds like a really neat project to get information from people who truly know their breed inside and out.
[notify]
» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Shandi *Oct 2006 - Aug 2012*, Jan 30 8:30 pm

Senior Dogs > Older dogs slip on tiles, lno and wood floors

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Mon Nov 28, '11 9:22pm PST 
Great info Happens to poor Ging sometimes on her back legs. She'll turn the corner to fast or try and get up too fast from out wood floors and her back legs slip out from under her.
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Holly, Dec 1 12:37 pm

Dog Health > Probitotics and Antibiotics

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Thu Aug 25, '11 10:53am PST 
I know this question has probably been asked a million times before. Ginger was given an antibiotic to be given twice a day with a meal for her teeth to see if it would clear up this stuff in her mouth before seeing if she needs a dental. The vet said that other than this stuff by this one tooth the other side of her mouth looked really good and in my mind I was like RMB haha. anyways so when should we be giving a probiotic. Should it be before or after the antibiotics are given do we need to give it once a day or twice since shes getting an antibiotic twice a day. I appreciate it!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Ginger, Aug 25 10:53 am

Senior Dogs > tips to save money on doggy expenses

Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Wed Aug 17, '11 8:47pm PST 
Loving the tips guys super helpful. I thought of another tip for those of you who have pups that go crazy over balls. To get free tennis balls we usually just browse around the tennis courts at our local high school when they aren't practicing. They usually leave 1 or 2 around that they didn't find when picking up the balls. I'm sure if there are local tennis courts in your area you might find a few balls that people have left. I also went to the dollar store today and bought 3 doggy patterned tennis balls for a dollar.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Zoober, Aug 21 11:11 pm

Senior Dogs > Senior Dog Peeing
Ginger

Head of Ranch- Security

Barked: Fri Aug 12, '11 7:41am PST 
So Ginger is 12 years old and she's getting to the point where she can't hold her bladder as long. It's not a big deal during the day she is let out several times to pee. She has to be let out before bed at night or she will pee on the floor. We have been pretty good about letting her out right before bed but last night we forgot and low and behold she peed. I know management is a big thing here we have to let her out right before bed but is there anything else I can do or something preferably natural that I can give her. It's just sometimes being human you forget sometimes, especially since Ginger decides to go to bed early every night so you have to go get her wake her up and be like come on let's go outside. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do.
[notify]
» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Trigger, May 17 1:42 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.