Postings by Moose

GO!

Dogs & Travel > Anyone flown with a 15lb mini schnauzer or similar?

Moose

Barked: Thu Jul 28, '11 4:28pm PST 
I couldn't find anything that will allow a dog his size in cabin frown He's just too tall. But Continental does fly cargo and keeps them in climate controlled spaces on and off the plane, tracks them, and gives you confirmation that they are on the flight. They also have a boarding kennel area in Houston where they can get them out, walk, play, clean up, or even get a grooming. I've read reviews and they seem to be decent within the states. As far as airlines go Continental seems to be the best option right now. I'm very sad he won't be with us in the cabin and more than a little nervous. I'll feel much better when he's back in our care again. I'll let everyone know what our experience with Continental is like in case someone else finds themselves in the same position.

Now I'm off to scour the board in search of fabulous flying tips to make his trip as comfortable and stress free as possible! Thanks everybody for the help.
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Scraps, Aug 2 1:41 pm

Miniature Schnauzer > Anybody fly with their mini?
Moose

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 10:38pm PST 
Hello to all the minis out there! We are moving cross-country and need to fly to our new home. Aside from the fact that it's too hot to check Moose right now I don't want to. I'd much rather have him in the cabin with us and I'm trying to see if this is feasible. He's right on the margin of being ok-too big I think. I've never flown with him before so I'm not sure and the airlines all seem to have different guidelines. He stands 14" at the shoulders and is 13" long, weighs in at 15lbs. Anybody fly in cabin with a dog this size? Which airlines are best for room? Any experiences would be much appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Moose, Jul 27 10:38 pm

Dogs & Travel > Anyone flown with a 15lb mini schnauzer or similar?

Moose

Barked: Wed Jul 27, '11 10:34pm PST 
Hello to all the traveling pooches out there! I'll post this to the breed specific forum too but I found some good posts on flying here and thought I'd try this one as well. We are moving cross-country and need to fly to our new home. Aside from the fact that it's too hot to check him right now I don't want to. I'd much rather have him in the cabin with us and I'm trying to see if this is feasible. He's right on the margin of being ok-too big I think. I've never flown with him before so I'm not sure and the airlines all seem to have different guidelines. He stands 14" at the shoulders and is 13" long, weighs in at 15lbs. Anybody fly in cabin with a dog this size? Which airlines are best for room?
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Scraps, Aug 2 1:41 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.