Postings by Jake

GO!

Dog Health > Hip dysplasia? Patellar luxation? Or is this just how my MinPin moves?

Jake

Barked: Thu May 17, '12 6:26pm PST 
I just had my 2 year old Min Pin to the vet on May 15th. She went in for a teeth cleaning. I decided I wanted her to have a chest x-ray before going under. Since she is small, the x-ray covered all the way to the hip bones, which revealed that she has hip dysplasia.

She is a rescue, so we didn't have her as a baby, but I did notice that way she stood and walked might indicate a hip problem from the moment we got her. She is in no pain at all at this point. We always described her run as a bunny hop too!

Since hip dysplasia is not common in Min Pins, I wondered if the vet is wrong and she actually has Leggs Perthes disease. I asked him if it were possible she had that instead, and he said no, but I'm going to get a second opinion.

So, I'm guessing that your dog may have that 'disease' or hip dysplasia as well. An x-ray will determine is there is anything going on with the hips or not; therefore, I highly recommend you get one.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Alvin & Felix, Jun 11 7:05 pm

Miniature Pinscher > what is some good food to buy my new puppy?
Jake

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 11:29am PST 
I use Canidae grain free, which is no called Elements.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jake, Jul 26 11:29 am

Miniature Pinscher > 1st dog!

Jake

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 11:29am PST 
Personally, I would not recommend a Min Pin for a first dog. However, I assume by now, you already got the dog?

Talk to other Min Pin owners to learn information and google, google, and google!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jake, Jul 26 11:29 am

Miniature Pinscher > 11 mo male still peeing in kennel

Jake

Barked: Tue Jul 26, '11 11:10am PST 
Did you ever finally get him housebroke?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jake, Jul 26 11:10 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.