Postings by Sabrina

GO!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

Dog Health > Rotten Tooth-vet said okay to leave it?
Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Fri Jul 26, '13 5:55pm PST 
Hi guys,

It has been a long time since I have posted here. Today we went to our vet (who practices holistic and coonventional medicine) for a heartworm test and med refill. I also decided to ask him about one of Sabrina's teeth, which is rotted and and barely hanging on. Her other teeth are not bad, as her bully sticks keep tarter at bay. However, this one was already damaged and not in good shape. He looked at her tooth and said it a small, minor one and we could just let it fall out on its own. He also offered to pull it out and give her a full cleaning, but he doesn't know if it is really needed. Would you have the tooth puled, or leave it be. Thank you!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Jul 26 6:06 pm

Puppy Place > Resident dog doesn't like new puppy.
Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Sun Jan 20, '13 6:57pm PST 
Thank you! Today I thought they were making a lot of progress. We went on a two mile walk together, took them swimming in the pond, and played fetch with them (two diff. people with 2 diff. toys). Sabrina seemed less tense and was actually letting her sniff her a little. Then, out of no where Sabrina just attacked her. frown I was cutting an orange in the kitchen and didn't notice them both with their heads behind my sisters legs in the corner, trying to get a piece of food. I am pretty sure Sabrina bit her in the face, and I immediately grabbed the puppy (she was closer) and pulled her away. Sabrina was biting her back leg and the puppy was trying to reach around and bite her.My sister picked Sabrina up and put her outside. Afterwards, both dogs were fine but I am afraid to put them together again. The puppy is in the garage for now, and I guess she will sleep in her crate tonight. It is so discouraging to see this after they made so much progress tonight. Maybe with times they will get along better? I really like her, but if they continue to fight, I know of a few local rescues who run through foster programs. I would rather not do that, but I am feeling so conflicted right now. Since yesterday, she has already learned sit, down, and watch me. I am falling in love fast!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sabrina , Jan 20 6:57 pm

Puppy Place > Resident dog doesn't like new puppy.

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Sat Jan 19, '13 4:42pm PST 
A few days ago we found a pointer/pit mix puppy on the side of the road. Since then, we have not found her owners. We plan to have her scanned for a microchip, but we get the feeling that she was dumped. Anyway, if we end up keeping her I am worried about how her and Sabrina will get along. Sugar and her are already pretty much best buds, but Sabrina can get very tense around her. It is worst when Sabrina has a toy, I am trying to pet them both, or if the puppy is trying to play. I can always tell when their tails go stiff and strait,they just stare at each other, and Sabrina sometimes starts to raise her hackles a little. Usually I try to diffuse the tension by calling them to me with a happy voice and separating them. However, Sabrina is only 11 pounds, and at about 6 months (a guess) the puppy is already about 20-25lbs. Is there any way I can help them get along? When they first met, they were great, but I cannot have 2 fighting dogs in the house. I know female dogs usually do not get along the best, but Sugar's submissive personality and Sabrina's more dominant demeanor always worked out fine. Sugar and Sabrina are both spayed and the puppy will be if we end up keeping her. She is a really awesome dog with us. Smart, gentle, playful, and no prey drive for our chickens. I am just starting to have my doubts though, and I was wondering if there is any way to help them get along. Thank you! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sabrina , Jan 20 6:57 pm

Puppy Place > Updated pictures on the orphan puppies

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Thu Nov 15, '12 5:52pm PST 
They are growing up! So cute! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Mishka & Luna, Nov 27 2:36 am

Food & Nutrition > My dog eats fruit!

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '12 1:55pm PST 
Sugar and Sabrina both love love love carrots! Also, Sabrina used to pick bunches of grapes off of our one grape vine and eat them. When we found out they were highly poisonous for dogs, I put a fence around it. Sabrina likes most fruit actually, I always give her a "sample" when I am eating it. Sugar can be a bit more picky, but she likes some types too. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Missy , Aug 7 4:43 am

Food & Nutrition > how far do you drive?
Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Fri Jul 6, '12 5:16pm PST 
About 10 miles to the feed store and back. Going to Petco is about 50 miles round trip, plus the food is about $15 more expensive.
[notify]
» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by ELVIS, Jul 19 7:06 pm

Raw Food Diet > Beef Marrow bones good or bad?

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Sat Jun 23, '12 4:11pm PST 
Thanks for all the great replies! Since I don't regularly feed raw, my idea of what kind of chewers they are isn't real sharp. I know Sugar does crunch right through a lot of bones, Sabrina I never really noticed her trying to to that though.

Does anyone know if I can just scoop out the marrow and feed a little at a time as a treat instead?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Noah, Jun 23 5:25 pm

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 4:43pm PST 
Thanks Cookie! Sugar is 73 lbs and Sabrina is 10 lbs. The marrow bones I bought are only about 1-2 inches long. I guess they really wouldn't help out too much with their teeth anyway. That's kind of a bummer. I was in a bit of a hurry, but they also had turkey necks and either a pork or beef shoulder. I think they are all Primal brand. Maybe I will just scoop out the marrow for a treat instead.

I will look next time I'm at the store too. Do you think skin and bone-in chicken thighs would be helpful at all, compared to say a turkey neck?
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Noah, Jun 23 5:25 pm

Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Fri Jun 22, '12 4:11pm PST 
We used to buy Sugar and Sabrina whole pig feet to clean up their teeth (for Sabrina's teeth mostly). All the stores around us stopped selling whole feet, so we picked up a 6 pack of beef marrow bones at our vet's office today. I knew they tend to cause the runs, but I am now reading they are considered wreck bones?! I honestly don't know what is safe and good for teeth cleaning anymore. Sugar is a pretty heavy chewer, and once nearly ate an entire rack of pork ribs, bone and all. So this makes me nervous, even though Sabrina is the one with plaque issues.

What do you think, skip the bones or feed them with supervision?
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Noah, Jun 23 5:25 pm

Senior Dogs > Balling up rugs?
Sabrina

Want a free foot- wash?

Barked: Thu Jun 7, '12 2:12pm PST 
Sabrina is only 6, but she has been doing this for as long as I can remember. She makes a "nest" in Sugar's old bed instead of sleeping in her own. She will also do this if she's on my bed or on a blanket. I guess it's just more comfortable. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Nov 17 3:24 am

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.