Postings by Remington

GO!

Food & Nutrition > Does your dog eat Cantaloupe or other strange things

Remington

Rem Rem stinky- boy

Barked: Tue Aug 9, '11 11:17am PST 
Remington LOVES all foods so far, but he really loves strawberries and blueberries, so much he will take them over his liver treats. Safira loves bananas but prefers them dried, think it's the texture, because she will spit out raw chicken, but loves it cooked. I never knew a dog would like bananas until we got her. I laughed so hard the first time she ate it, because I thought it was so bizarre. Oh yeah she also seems to like lotion, she will go nuts trying to lick it off of you, Remington prefers chapstick.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Barney, friend of Lennox, Aug 13 11:32 pm

Behavior & Training > Building confidence in water
Remington

Rem Rem stinky- boy

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 10:51am PST 
Have tried a life jacket? It did wonders for one of my dogs, by the end of the summer he was leaping off ledges into the water. We put the life jacket on him and let him go at his own pace following us out into the deeper water. Then when he got used to it we took the jacket off.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Dasy, Aug 4 2:02 pm

Behavior & Training > Not sure what to think about my dogs behavior aggression or something else

Remington

Rem Rem stinky- boy

Barked: Thu Aug 4, '11 10:20am PST 
I have mixed feelings about the dog park. Safira is fine unless there is a rude dog, and I have no control over how other people handle their dogs or how their dog is going to behave. Remington on the other hand is a social butterfly when it comes to dogs, humans not so much. The dog park is good for him because for some reason he is more comfortable meeting humans when there are other dogs around.

I figured what Safira was doing was normal with Remington, I guess it just worries me because that's how things were with her and Sweet Pea, she would correct Safira when she was being to pushy, or invading her space, then one day it was like they were trying to kill eachother. It's very possible I could have been missing something else but they got along so well before. I guess maybe I have lost a little trust in Safira, and I need to get over it.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Remington, Aug 4 10:20 am

Behavior & Training > Not sure what to think about my dogs behavior aggression or something else

Remington

Rem Rem stinky- boy

Barked: Wed Aug 3, '11 11:44am PST 
My female dog (Safira) who is 2 yrs old and is a mix breed of who knows what sometimes displays aggressive type behavior. I'm not sure if it's really something we should be concerned about, or if it's normal dog behavior. Little history we had 3 dogs 2 are female and when our mixed breed hit 2 yrs old her and my 9 yr old JRT (Sweet Pea) started fighting, fights got worse and worse, and now my JRT lives at my parents house. JRT was definitely the one who started things, she is very dominant, and growls, snaps when she is not comfortable, my other female started reacting to this and the fights started. Neither female is willing to back down, and now they fight every time they see each other. Safira I think could live peacefully and wouldn't start a fight, but my JRT sees red when she sees the other one, and so the fight is on. Because of the recent problems I’ve had with them, I’m just not sure about Safira, or my ability to read her body language or ability to interpret what is really happening. I’ve known that my JRT has some dog aggression issues. The only reason we kept our other female dog is because she was very submissive as a pup, and now I know that can easily change when they get older. The problem with Safira is I will take her to the dog park, she plays well with other dogs unless they are rude, she will warn and then if they don't listen she'll attack. She is like this with our male dog (Remington) also, but doesn't attack, will just bare her teeth, and if that doesn't get his attention she will give him a firm bark. He is only 9 months old, so he is still learning manners. My concern is that fights will start between them as he gets older; my other concern is that maybe she is dog aggressive and shouldn't be around other dogs. Even though she can play nicely and loves to play once a boundary is crossed or if she feels threatened, like another dog growling at her, or another dog humping her, she tends to attack.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Remington, Aug 4 10:20 am

Mutt > Ideas on what breed 2 of my rescues are

Remington

Rem Rem stinky- boy

Barked: Tue Jul 5, '11 12:24pm PST 
We have 2 different rescues, they both look a lot alike, but are definately not from the same litter, and have very different coats. I've had people tell me both look Akita. Personally I don't think so. Our male (Remington) I think may be Basenji/boxer mix. Our female (Safira) maybe Shepherd mix. Remington is about 8 months old and weighs about 46-50lbs. Safira is 2 and wieghs 42lbs. Any ideas on what breed they may be is appreciated. Here are some pics:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2065704917916.2122 022.1103567593&l=7637827187
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Remington, Jul 5 12:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.