Postings by Sassy

GO!

Akita > Akita Training Questions

Sassy

Sassy - Loves to walk,- bark & play

Barked: Tue Jun 28, '11 11:39am PST 
I have a 5 year old Akita/Lab mix who is so nervous around strangers while my Border Collie will run up on them and do circles of excitement. How can I get my Akita to calm down and not be so nervous. I take her on walk in hoping to socialize her, but when people want to pet her, I am scared to let them and she hides behind me with her hair standing up from her neck to her butt.
Also, Sassy the Akita is very aggressive when it comes to food and my other female dog. Sassy has attacked my Lab (female dog) before when it has come to food. Now she growls at my Lab when she comes into the bedroom that my son sleeps in. Why is she like this? I am very "in-tune" with Sassy's body gestures and looks, so I usually can prevent an attack before it happens, but I just wonder if there is anything I can do that will prevent her from being so mean to the other female dog?
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Stella, Mar 5 4:39 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.