GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Behavior & Training > What Are You Doing For "Train Your Dog Month?"
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 5:16pm PST 
We are doing some blood trailing and treeing, and the new G2 son I have is getting to work on some obedience....working towards the next NALC show in about a month....
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Rexy, Jan 26 8:54 am

Sports & Agility > Confused about Some APDT Rally Rules
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 22, '13 12:59pm PST 
"Of course, I also understand how an individual could see others doing it to them and emulate. But then the people who began the snarking really have no right to complain, do they?"

Hmmmm....really have no idea what you are talking about here......are you talking about someone who copy cats or someone who becomes hateful and justifies that because they think someone's doing it to them? That sounds a little like a "neiner, neiner" response, and certainly not terribly mature. Regardless, this really is a potential drift off topic, so let's get back on track.

"I learned early that some sport people wouldn't know a real working dog if it fell out of the sky and hit them smack on the head"

laugh out loud True that!
[notify]
» There has since been -6 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 22 4:45 pm

Sports & Agility > Confused about Some APDT Rally Rules

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 11:41am PST 
"as for the food vs toy issue.. well, i wouldn't expect either to be used in competitive venues but.."

I wouldn't either - in NALC trials no food/toys/etc are allowed - in fact the lady who runs it recently lectured the competitors at a show on how people who can't manage their dogs without "help" should stay home until they are trained. Now, this was a little harsh, but I think that it demonstrates a difference in the criteria between what is considered a competitive venue and one that is more....enjoyment oriented?
I find it interesting that people can send in videos and receive titles based on them - am I getting that right? I do understand people not having access ti different competition venues, but a sequence on video vs a sequence around multiple dogs, in a ring, and with a huge number of distractions - and both end up with titles? Seems a little unfair to the dogs dealing with the distractions, and the owners who put time & energy into their dogs to get their training to that point.
Approved by forums moderator
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 22 4:45 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog to Dog Corrections

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 4:18pm PST 
"Cain, didn't you have a similar experience with your own dogs? If I remember correctly, you had a similar problem with your own dogs. You allowed them to "discipline" each other:"

Actually, it wasn't even remotely similar, but thank you for bringing up these situations - once I get home, I'll be able to clarify for you what the differences were. Pretty basic stuff actually, but this is really a good demonstration of how someone not directly involved's memory can distort over time......
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 1:24pm PST 
"People can cite whatever they want. There is no way to ensure that small-minded people don't pick up a few buzzwords and completely ignore the meaning behind them."

laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud Boy, is that ever the truth!
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:51am PST 
"..."She wound up relinquishing ownership of the one dog because she would not take my advice" That's a bit presumptive."

It certainly is. Why don't you encourage your "friend" to come to this forum & let us know what really happened? That would be interesting, since, as everyone knows, facts are easily skewed in some folks' memory/over time. Better to have the reality of a situation as opposed to having possibly faulty memory used as an example.
[notify]
» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Wed Jan 16, '13 11:17am PST 
"It's ridiculous to assume that dogs are incapable of fairly delivering and receiving corrections without some sort of psychic damage. Honestly, the more we humans interfere in what could/should/is meant to be normal canine interaction, the more anti-social, "reactive" dogs I see."

applauseapplauseapplause
[notify]
» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 10:46am PST 
"Puppies are corrected relentlessly by mom and their littermates. ALL puppies have been corrected."

This is nothing other than common sense, and hopefully those that are truly involved in what's best for a dog realize it. Dogs are MUCH better at knowing & communicating canine social skills in general than humans are - and as a result, they are MUCH better at teaching puppies basic dog to dog interactions than any human - just stands to reason. To interfere with this intentionally is to facilitate the creation of an unbalanced, socially maladaptive adult.
[notify]
» There has since been 63 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Tue Jan 15, '13 10:41am PST 
Pardon the double posting......confused
[notify]
» There has since been 64 posts. Last posting by Dogster HQ, Jan 17 2:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Ecollars : An Intelligent Discussion
G2

Be Scaredy of- Me, Dawg!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 8:56pm PST 
That's pretty fabulous! big grin
[notify]
» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by Jackson Tan, Dec 7 10:55 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.