(Page 1 of 51: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sun Jan 24, '16 5:44pm PST 
Glad Sonja's feeling better. hug
Yay Bunny! hamster dance
Took Koby to the dog park today with Reina. I completely expected to turn around and go home. To my pleasant surprise, he did great in the separate area for "Problem Children"!
snoopy Reina ran around in the common area with the other dogs chasing the frisbees with my daughter, while I baby sat Koby separately. I took his big round, red plush Kong toy, which he uses as a pacifier. LOLOL At least that's what his Trainer called it, "Koby's Binky". I warned everyone before I took him out of the car. There were a few stupid people who came over to the fence and wanted to either come in to visit or pet him, even though he was growling at them. I derailed Koby by playing with him with his toy and telling the the people NOT to come near the fence. It really amazes me how many people say "Oh, but I'm good with dogs" or "all dogs like me". He only barked once and really listened to me. When he got stressed, he was able to move to the far side and lay down with his toy. Some of the people approached me and thanked me for warning them that he might be a problem. I'm really proud of him. party
[notify]
» There has since been 43 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 5:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Wanted: GSD friendly Rental in Pennsylvania
Koby

Barked: Sun Dec 13, '15 5:30am PST 
A lot of us feel your pain. Good luck in your search and your new job! hug
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Dec 13 5:30 am

Other Barks & Woofs > SPAM, Poop, & Morlocks

Koby

Barked: Mon Dec 7, '15 4:25am PST 
My biggest fear is a fire. frown
Bunny hughugto the ones affected in your town and to the little critters who died.
For Christmas.........Koby would like to get:
A remote control blue or yellow ball 12" in diameter that travels at about 5-10 miles per hour. ( that way he can catch it)
large, durable, plush toys that squeak, a flirt pole with a tug toy on the end, his very own bag of Cheetos (curtesy of my husband sneaking them a couple now and then) and a couch low enough for him to get up on or a new set of hips.
Reina would like to get a pile of toys she doesn't have to share, her own bag of Cheetos, and spend every day, all day at the Dog Park.
Ugh..........getting over pneumonia. Lost a lot time time recuperating..... Hope no one else gets it. Stay healthy everyone. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 170 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Tue 5:46 pm

Food & Nutrition > What can I add to my husband's white German Shepherd pup's food to get her to eat better?

Koby

Barked: Fri Oct 23, '15 4:08am PST 
If she can tolerate the high fat from the drippings, then it should be ok. Just be aware that sometimes some dogs can't tolerate a high fat diet for a long time. I boil skinless, boneless chicken breast and chop it in the food processor. I make enough for a few days and give him a spoon or two in his food. He looooooveeesssss it. It's healthier than the drippings. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy, Oct 25 4:41 am

Behavior & Training > Recently Developed Behavior Issues! Eight Months Pregnant! Please Help!

Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 4:50pm PST 
I should have read your profile before I answered. He's only a year old, so he may be going through a stage where he's testing you. They're like kids, and as they mature, they go through different stages where they "may" get destructive, pee/poop in the house, chew things, get aggressive, escape, etc, even when they never behaved like that before. It's their way of finding out what their boundaries are. Unfortunately, for you, you happen to be pregnant while he's maturing. So, it's probably a combination of testing and sensing the differences in you and the loss of attention. Exercise would be your's and his best friend right now. He needs to be worn out. If he's bored or has excessive energy, in dogs, that generally translates to unwanted behavior, as they try to entertain themselves. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Oct 22 4:50 pm

Behavior & Training > Recently Developed Behavior Issues! Eight Months Pregnant! Please Help!
Koby

Barked: Thu Oct 22, '15 4:41pm PST 
They probably sense the changes in you, not to mention, you did say their routine has changed. Some dogs are very sensitive to both things. Cope is a working dog by nature, so he probably needs more attention and exercise. Unfortunately, since your so far along, it's probably not an option at this point and for a while after the baby is born. Crating is a good idea. It won't hurt him/them. Have you thought about hiring a dog walker or sending Cope and your other dog to Doggie Daycare? Maybe just Cope? Maybe you could hire a kid in the neighborhood to play with them in the yard to wear them out, throw a ball, frisbee, play tug, tag? A tired dog is a well behaved dog. I wish I had more advice/suggestions. Maybe someone else can pop in with some suggestions. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Koby, Oct 22 4:50 pm

Dog Health > Thinking of adopting a dog that had FHO surgery.........

Koby

Barked: Sun Oct 18, '15 5:51pm PST 
wave Back at ya! smile
Thanks for the input. It's really appreciated. That actually makes me feel a little better about it. That said he might have lesions which may restrict his motion. That's what they're trying to work through right now.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 27 7:19 am

Dog Health > Thinking of adopting a dog that had FHO surgery.........

Koby

Barked: Sat Oct 17, '15 4:10pm PST 
We are looking to adopt a dog that had FHO surgery due to being hit by a car. He was in Foster care, and the people did not give him physical therapy. The procedure was about 6 months ago, and he's 9 month's old now. I know every dog is different, but does anyone know if it "might" be too late to get him to have fairly normal range of motion? Right now he favors his leg and sometimes doesn't put it down. He's with a different Foster now and is receiving physical therapy. They said he's making progress, but it's slow. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Oct 27 7:19 am

Behavior & Training > Biting and jumping

Koby

Barked: Tue Oct 13, '15 4:23am PST 
Most puppies bite. You can try "trading". When he grabs you, put a bone or toy in his mouth. That worked for Koby.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Oct 16 11:32 am

Behavior & Training > Can anyone else dog read lips?
Koby

Barked: Thu Sep 24, '15 3:54am PST 
Koby gets out of control when we talk about setting up his kiddie pool. So, we spell it. He learned how to spell "Kiddie Pool". Then we started spelling "ool" when we talk about his pool. He learned that too. So now we just mouth it without speaking it and he knows that too! So, I guess the next thing is to call it the "you know what".big laugh
Oh, BTW, for anyone who's been here for me, through all his issues, he's turned out to be one of the most awesome dogs I've ever had. Thank you, for all your advice and support. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tyler , Sep 25 10:15 am

(Page 1 of 51: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.