Postings by Koby

GO!

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Dog Health > Is it normal for a dog's coat to change after neutering?
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sun Apr 26, '15 6:15pm PST 
Thanks Toto, that's exactly what it looks like is happening to Koby's hair. I don't suppose there's anything I can do to make it look healthier is there?
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Today 9:01 am

Dog Health > Is it normal for a dog's coat to change after neutering?
Koby

Barked: Sun Apr 26, '15 6:24am PST 
We had Koby neutered last December and I've noticed he looks very unkept. He used to have a beautiful coat that people would comment on. The only change I've made in his food, is I've cut it down a little because he was gaining too much weight. He acting normal and doesn't appear to be sick. I've had dogs neutered before, but they were much younger and this did not happen to them. Could this be from the drop in hormones or could it be something else? Do you think his coat will come back? confused
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Toto, CD, RN, CGC, Today 9:01 am

Behavior & Training > Dog vs Cat Help

Koby

Barked: Sat Apr 25, '15 7:36am PST 
Your dog is guarding the bed. I wouldn't let her on it anymore. As for the cat, I would lock it out of your room. Prevention is the best way. We used to have a cat and a Golden that would play pretty rough. Every dog and cat is different. If you think there's a problem, then I would diffuse the situation before it escalates. Example, if they are playing nice and it seems to escalate, then just separate them, kind of like a "time out". I do it all the time with Koby and Reina. Being safe than sorry is the best prevention. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Konata, Sat 12:07 pm

Dog Health > Overweight dog loves to eat

Koby

Barked: Sat Apr 25, '15 7:27am PST 
There's nothing you can really do except use "Tough Love". If you feel the need to give her snacks through out the day, just cut down the meal portions and the snacks to a taste, (although she really shouldn't have any extra). My friend has a dog who is a master at giving "Those Puppy-Dog Eyes" for extra food. He looks like a tick and his joints are a mess. Just say No and remember it's for her own good. She will be a much happier dog and healthier dog. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Quincy, Sat 3:02 pm

Dog Health > Body Condition Scoring-- is he too thin?

Koby

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '15 4:32am PST 
Jasper, Why don't you give good info and stop giving Poppycock? You can't tell from the picture in the profile the weight of the dog. There is just not enough information to surmise he's under weight by one picture of him curled up.
Licensed and Certified "No use for PoppyCock".

Odin, if you feed him every day a good quality food and he's kept active, which it appears so from your profile, then I wouldn't worry too much. Leaner is better. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Tue 4:32 am

Behavior & Training > Multiple behaviour problems. Time for a change!
Koby

Barked: Sun Apr 19, '15 6:39am PST 
Once you have him on a schedule it will be easier with the potty issues. To potty him, just keep in mind he's going through an adjustment period. I'd go back to basics & treat him like he's an 8 wk old puppy. Potty train him from scratch. Use the crate. Take him outside. If he goes potty, he just earned 1 hour of freedom. If not, put him back in the crate. An hour later, take him out. If he goes, he just earned 1 hour of freedom. Repeat. This is very time consuming but it works. He's older; he'll catch on quick. I'd restrict him to 1 or 2 rooms where you can watch him. There are some good cleaners that use enzymes to clean the carpets if he's had accidents on your carpets. If he has had accidents on your carpets, I would clean them well before you start retraining him. Once he starts giving a cue (maybe a whine, pace, sit by door, stare at you, dogs are all different with how they ask), then you can slowly give him more freedom. Good Luck and remember, being in a new home is stressful for dogs. As for the other issues, finding a good trainer would be the way to go. Please keep us posted. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Toby, Tue 9:33 am

Behavior & Training > Peeing with any changes

Koby

Barked: Fri Apr 17, '15 5:02pm PST 
It could be submission. Koby and Jax submission peed until they were about 3 years old. It's very annoying, but they really can't help it. It's almost like an involuntary reaction. I learned what would cause it so I usually made sure they were kept on something easily cleaned at those times. Both eventually grew out of it. With Koby, I would try and distract him if I knew something, like greeting him, would cause it. I told him to "get his ball". He would forget his submissive behavior and run and get his ball. It worked most times. You could use treats if your dog isn't toy driven. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Apr 17 5:02 pm

Raw Food Diet > Are there any mods left on this website?

Koby

Barked: Sun Apr 12, '15 3:14pm PST 
Welcome back Bunny! blue dog
[notify]
» There has since been -6 posts. Last posting by Koby, Apr 12 3:14 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > What's Your Favorite Designer Dog?

Koby

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 11:32am PST 
Sarah, do you know what they changed?
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Love Shack , Apr 12 9:37 am

Raw Food Diet > Are there any mods left on this website?
Koby

Barked: Sat Apr 11, '15 11:28am PST 
Toto, way to go
[notify]
» There has since been -4 posts. Last posting by Koby, Apr 12 3:14 pm

(Page 1 of 46: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.