Barked: Fri Jun 26, '15 6:01pm PST 
I hope it works for you.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bunny, Jun 26 6:31 pm

Behavior & Training > I know this is probably a dumb question but
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Fri Jun 26, '15 1:22pm PST 
I tried the "no", treats, water gun, hose and nothing breaks his fixation. I'll just wait it out. I know he really can't help it. Primal urges. Thanks for the reply. At least I know he's normal. It just came as somewhat of a surprise since he's neutered. We're getting her spayed anyway when she's older. So, it's only a temporary problem. Thank God for baby gates. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jun 26 1:22 pm

Behavior & Training > I know this is probably a dumb question but

Koby

Barked: Fri Jun 26, '15 4:02am PST 
We got Koby neutered last December at 3 years old. We wanted him to be fully mature before making the decision. Since then, we got Reina. Now she's in heat. Is it normal for Koby to behave like an un altered male? We have to keep the both of them completely separated. His interest in her is as though he was never neutered. In the past, we've always had our dogs neutered at a much younger age, so I just don't know if this is normal behavior. confused
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jun 26 1:22 pm

Behavior & Training > 2 unaltered dogs found running loose with tight fitted muzzles on

Koby

Barked: Sat Jun 20, '15 5:30pm PST 
Did they have any scars on them? I wonder if they were bait dogs?
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Kali earned her wings 10/21/14, Wed 5:14 pm

Dog Health > Update on Bunny's panting

Koby

Barked: Tue Jun 16, '15 3:57am PST 
Anticipation.......Drives me nuts too........big laugh One time Koby was squealing so loud, it sounded like we were torturing him (well, maybe we were in his mind). My daughter thought the neighbors were going to call the SPCA on us. laugh out loud He shut up when he got his kiddie pool. relieved
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Jun 26 6:31 pm

Koby

Barked: Mon Jun 15, '15 4:59pm PST 
It could be. When Koby thinks he "supposed" to have his kiddie pool, he paces, whines and pants until he gets it or I put him away for some quiet time. LOLOL I think sometimes they so thoroughly enjoy something that they just work themselves up over it.
[notify]
» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Jun 26 6:31 pm

Behavior & Training > I have a few issues with our three puppies that I could use help with.

Koby

Barked: Thu Jun 11, '15 4:59am PST 
First of all, GOD BLESS YOU for taking on 3 pups at once. Sounds to me like they're "partners in crime". You are doing all the right things. Keep in kind that for potty training, in general, dogs don't have "reliable" potty control until they are between 4 and 6 months of age, give or take a few weeks.
As for the snapping, in your profile, you have the pups listed as Blue Healer and Bassett Hound. Keep in mind that both of them are working dogs. In general, pups that are mixed breeds will pick up the traits of one or the other of the breed they are mixed with. That doesn't mean the entire litter will pick up the same traits, it just sometimes a few or even just one will behave more like one of the breeds than all the rest. With that said, it sounds like Molly is guarding not only food but others things as well. Some dogs need lots of exercise and if they don't get it, they will entertain themselves, and it's usually with unwanted behaviors like you describe. Maybe Molly inherited more of the Blue Healer traits than the other pups you kept. So, I would keep the food away from them including the cat's food. Put it in a place where the cat can get it but the dogs can't get near it.
The fact that you are taking her to work with you and the dog park is a good idea. She may have some fear aggression, but does she snap when she's near you, toys, water, etc. Is she displaying the guarding at the dog park? If she is, then you need to walk over and move her away from the object she's guarding and discipline her. Koby displayed that kind of behavior and we would body block him and move him away from the object and give him a firm "NO". It took a while, but it worked. Now he has no issues with that. For the food aggression, I would make sure you keep them separated when feeding and supervised. It already sounds like thats what your doing.
As for the stealing and chewing, they may grow out of that. All my dogs did that. You may want to restrict where they're allowed in your house. That way they can be kept out of the things they're not supposed to be in. Reina is almost 8 months old and she still doesn't have run of our house. She gets into too many things.
Hope that helps. I'm out of time so maybe someone else can jump in with more advice. It's very nice you saved the momma dog and her babies. Good for you. applause
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jun 11 4:59 am

Koby

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '15 3:55am PST 
I hope that helps him. It helps control Koby's pain really well.
[notify]
» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Jun 26 6:31 pm

Grooming > What to use for an itchy dog?

Koby

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '15 6:15pm PST 
When my dogs get itchy, I use Sulfadene Shampoo once a week and the Sulfadene yellow medicated liquid for the worst spots after the bath. It really helps hot spots. Its not expensive and I used to be able to get it from Wal-mart, but now I buy it online. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy, Jun 6 4:59 am

Dog Health > Neighbor's Cats and Eating Poop
Koby

Barked: Sun May 31, '15 6:08am PST 
No Problem. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Yoshi, Jun 1 7:18 pm

(Page 1 of 49: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.