Postings by Koby

GO!

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Help.. My dog attacks unneutered male dogs.
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 4:09pm PST 
I agree with Sabi. I've had both altered and unaltered dogs. I find it depends entirely on the dogs personality/traits how they behave. I've had some that were very friendly and one that was aggressive. I've read the same info Sabi brought up about the growth plates and maturity. There are on going studies out there (unfortunately, I can't quote any right now) about how early altering affects dogs growth and health. There are arguments for and against. I also agree that if you can't keep tabs on your dog then you should get them altered. wink
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Shiver Me Timbers "Charlie", Thu 8:29 pm

Dog Health > Anyone near Rutherford NJ?
Koby

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 3:55pm PST 
The dog park isn't the only place you can let your dog run off leash. Like I posted previously, mine go to the local ball park in the off season.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Wed 2:35 am

Dog Health > Older Dog with Gum Problems

Koby

Barked: Tue Jan 20, '15 3:50pm PST 
The best thing you could do is find something she likes to chew. My dogs like antlers and nyla-bones. I did have a dog that never chewed anything, so I brushed her teeth and gums with a soft toothbrush everyday. Hope that helps.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Fri 6:19 pm

Dog Health > No poop for 24 hours

Koby

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 6:05pm PST 
Has he gone to the bathroom yet? If he hasn't, then I would try giving him some raw or steamed green beans or some broccoli to try and get him to go. If he doesn't by tonight, then I would take him to the vet tomorrow. Good Luck and please keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Juju, Mon 3:35 pm

Dog Health > How to keep my dog's health fit

Koby

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 6:02pm PST 
What exactly do you want to know? Food? Exercise? Shots? What kind of dog is it? Your profile says American Eskimo and you have a German Shepherd pictured?
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Fri 3:40 am

Dog Health > Anyone near Rutherford NJ?
Koby

Barked: Sat Jan 17, '15 5:09am PST 
I've had dogs with social issues, so I've taken them to the local little league ball parks. Usually they are fenced, but I always make sure there are no openings. I also clean up after my dogs because I don't want anyone to complain. I just take them in the off season. Hope that helps. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Wed 2:35 am

Behavior & Training > Training Gone Wrong

Koby

Barked: Wed Jan 14, '15 4:25am PST 
Unfortunately, a lot of us have made mistakes with our dogs. As long as we recognize it and correct it, then something positive can come out of it. With that said, There are a lot of very bad trainers out there. Koby sounds similar to your Juno. I would go back to basics with training and use lots and lots of very high value treats. Try and play games like hide the treat and tug. Long walks are good especially to places that Juno finds interesting. Don't go to the same place all the time. Try massaging Juno in her favorite itchy places. I found that helped with the trust and bonding with Koby. You might do things that boost Juno's confidence, like maybe some light agility. I would also try finding a good trainer that "gets" your dog. I was lucky with Koby, his trainer "got" him immediately. In the future, don't be afraid to walk away from a trainer you don't agree with. When it come down to it, you are the customer and you don't have to do anything you don't feel is right. In time, you will get your dog back. You just have to rebuild the trust. Good Luck and please keep us posted. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jan 14 4:25 am

Senior Dogs > I don't know what is the right thing to do. Any help appreciated.

Koby

Barked: Tue Jan 13, '15 5:35pm PST 
Can you leave her with your parents or something like that? I have a friend who leaves his dog at his parents while he's at work.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Bunny, Wed 3:27 am

Behavior & Training > Dog afraid of cell phones?

Koby

Barked: Mon Jan 12, '15 3:59am PST 
Have you tried taking he to training classes? Have you have her to the vet to have her eyes and hearing checked. We had a dog once that was going blind and suddenly acted very scared of everything. Good Luck and pleas keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jan 12 3:59 am

Behavior & Training > Nervous or aggressive habits
Koby

Barked: Tue Jan 6, '15 6:07pm PST 
I would think a few things are going on. 1-your pregnant and he can sense the changes in you. I would definitely be worried about your child to be. 2-Rotties require strong owners. 3-He's 7 months old and basically a "punk teenager" testing the both of you. Dogs go through several stages while maturing and test you from time to time. 4-the trip to the kennel may have contributed, but I wouldn't think as much as the first three reasons. With that said, I would get him into training with someone who is familiar with Rotties. I would do it now before the baby comes. It sounds like he doesn't know his boundaries and at this point doesn't care. So you really need to reinforce his training and continue it even after the baby comes. Lots of exercise might help too. It would burn off the excess energy and possibly make him more manageable. Good Luck and please keep us posted.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Jan 6 6:07 pm

(Page 1 of 38: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.