Postings by Koby

GO!

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Help with crazy lab puppy.
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Sun Jul 27, '14 3:33pm PST 
Sounds to me like he doesn't get enough exercise. Walking & training isn't enough. Do you play fetch with him? You can try getting a kiddie pool, put some toys in it and let him play in it. That wears Koby out and he looooooovvves it. It keeps him busy for hours when I don't have time for him. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy, Jul 27 6:28 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Elderly dog's owner passes away
Koby

Barked: Fri Jun 27, '14 12:22am PST 
Thanks Fritz. I'm trying to get pictures of her as I type this. A Facebook page is a good idea. Thanks! smile
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 27 3:25 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Elderly dog's owner passes away

Koby

Barked: Wed Jun 25, '14 9:58pm PST 
Does anyone have any suggestions of rescues I can call to see if an elderly dog can be placed in a new home? An elderly person passed away and no one wants to take his dog. She's a Puggle type dog that is around 8 or 9 years old, potty trained and doesn't bark much. Her only vice is she loves food. I met her and she's very sweet. She's healthy but over weight, but that can be fixed. She's living in his house alone in New Jersey. The neighbors are feeding her because they don't want her to go to the local shelter. They would probably put her down. I can't take her because I'm afraid Koby might hurt her. He's still in training for his issues. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 27 3:25 pm

Dog Health > My dog has been puking blood for MONTHS... help, anyone?

Koby

Barked: Fri Jun 13, '14 5:38pm PST 
You said she has patellar luxation. Is she on any pain meds for that? If so, some pain meds can cause the symptoms you describe. Koby has HD and we tried Previcox. He can't tolerate it. He was vomiting and pooping blood. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Obi, Jun 19 10:05 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog tried to attack me

Koby

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 7:23pm PST 
One thing you can do is make him work for his food. Ex., make him sit to feed him. Sit or ly down for treats. Sit to go out. Sit when you give him a toy. You can work on his obedience. If he wants something, he has to do something for you before he gets it. In other words, he has to earn what ever he wants. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Ryder, May 19 9:12 pm

Behavior & Training > My dog tried to attack me
Koby

Barked: Wed May 14, '14 7:14pm PST 
Heelers are working dogs. They need a job. "Part" of the aggression "could" be from pent up energy, since these dogs usually herd cattle all day. Rotties, need strong owners. So, the mix you have is not an easy mix to handle. You really do need to find a good behaviorist or a trainer that's familiar with the breeds and has a behaviorist background. I was lucky with Koby, the trainer I have "Gets" Koby. He had him pegged the first week we were in training. If you were able to curb the food aggression, then you can fix the rest. I would say to start, he needs more than 30 minutes of exercise a day. Teach him a job. Something he can use his brain with more. Maybe someone else will pop in with more advice. Good Luck with him. If you are willing to put in the time and effort and your family is patient, then you can fix the problem. It has taken more than a year or hard work for Koby to get where he is now. I would, however, keep him away from the 3 year old child. Dogs like him and small kids do NOT MIX. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Ryder, May 19 9:12 pm

Dog Health > HELP! New dog owner- hypoglycemia and my health

Koby

Barked: Wed May 7, '14 6:40pm PST 
Bump
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Clyde, May 10 10:28 pm

Behavior & Training > Koby Update:

Koby

Barked: Sat May 3, '14 3:54am PST 
Thanks everyone. I took him again last night. He did great again. He didn't bark at all that time. We even pasted someone with an out of control dog. (brought back memories) happy danceI'm so happy! smile I found out his sister lives in a kennel, because her owner can't handle her. frown She lives far away, or I would suggest Koby's trainer. He can finally be a dog in public. smile Thanks again everyone!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, May 3 3:54 am

Koby

Barked: Fri May 2, '14 3:48am PST 
Thank you Onyx and Ruby. I hope you have the same outcome as I did. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Koby, May 3 3:54 am

Koby

Barked: Thu May 1, '14 5:35pm PST 
I finally got the courage to take Koby for a walk in the neighboring town which is very busy with people walking their dogs. It was a nice afternoon, so I just took him. I couldn't believe how well he did! cheer He only barked a couple of times and listened when I told him to "Leave it". That trainer I used for him is worth his weight in gold. I could have never done that, this time last year. I was so proud of how well he did. He didn't meet anyone yet, but that will be down the road. To everyone who gave me advice in the past, thank you. Every little bit of advice and encouragement has helped both Koby and I. So, between you guys and the trainer, I think I can take him anywhere and he can finally be a dog. Thanks! hail
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Koby, May 3 3:54 am

(Page 1 of 34: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.