Postings by Koby

GO!

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Issues with training?
Koby

I'm a big brat- and I don't care- :)

Barked: Thu Feb 26, '15 5:36pm PST 
How old is Mordecai?
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Thu 5:36 pm

Behavior & Training > Keeping a Dog Occupied? (and out of trouble?)
Koby

Barked: Wed Feb 25, '15 3:59am PST 
Since you don't have a crate, you could lock her in a room for a few minutes while you hide the treats. That's how I started with Koby. He was driving me insane at the time. I used an old fishing pole for a flirt pole until I was able to make one. I just tied a piece of thin rope to it and fished it through the end. He loved it and it worked great temporarily. I hope she calms down for you. Koby did for me. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Phoebe, Wed 2:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Keeping a Dog Occupied? (and out of trouble?)

Koby

Barked: Tue Feb 24, '15 5:36pm PST 
Is she used to the crate? You might try and teach her to accept some quiet time. Even if it's only a 1/2 hour to an hour every couple of hours. I hide treats in the house for Koby and tell him to find them. He totally loves it. I'm in the process of teaching that game to Reina. If he really starts bouncing off the walls, I put him on a tread mill, for about a 1/2 an hour, 2-3x a day (when I have time). He loves that so much that I occasionally find him standing on it waiting for me to turn it on. LOLOL We have a cathedral ceiling in our house with a loft. I hang a rope over the loft and tie toys on it so they both can play tug. You could probably do the same but tie it to a door knob or heavy piece of furniture? Hope that helps. Oh, the "find the treats game" takes the most starch of of Koby. He has to "think and use his senses". Good for you for taking her in and good luck! Please keep us posted. smile
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Phoebe, Wed 2:40 pm

Behavior & Training > Make my dog come when called off the leash around dogs

Koby

Barked: Thu Feb 19, '15 6:06am PST 
When you say "go after the other animals", do you mean attack or just play? I would keep her on a long rope so she can't get away from you. Keep some really yummy treats with you and only use them for her recall. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Noah, Thu 8:32 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > This is a long shot..

Koby

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 11:04am PST 
You could try looking on petfinder. There is remote chance she could still be there. You could also try posting on Facebook. Good luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Zero, Feb 17 9:45 pm

Dog Health > Exercise during bad weather
Koby

Barked: Tue Feb 17, '15 11:01am PST 
It's not boring to Koby. He loves it.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 17 1:35 pm

Choosing the Right Dog > New addition coming to grandparents home

Koby

Barked: Mon Feb 16, '15 5:22pm PST 
It is important that they socialize the pup with both people and other animals. Taking him/her to training would be a good idea too, because the pups are very active and "VERY SMART". Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Koby, Feb 16 5:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Its me or the dog

Koby

Barked: Sat Feb 14, '15 7:21pm PST 
I agree with the other poster. If it was me, I'd get rid of him and keep Moose if he doesn't understand. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Moose, Feb 16 7:40 am

Dog Health > 5month old Presa Canario puppy with Liver Disease

Koby

Barked: Thu Feb 12, '15 11:15am PST 
I'm sorry to hear she's so sick. Maybe someone else will see this and give some good advice. Good luck with her. hug
[notify]
» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 19 11:14 am

Dog Health > Exercise during bad weather
Koby

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '15 3:56am PST 
Our treadmill has a cord which is for an emergency stop, which I attach to Koby's collar. That way, if anything happens and he pulls on it, it automatically shuts off. I never leave him unattended while he's on it. Good Luck!
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Feb 17 1:35 pm

(Page 1 of 40: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.