Postings by Mandy

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Food & Nutrition > Is TOTW hi Prairie 'too much' for small/toy breeds...? plus gas and stinky poo issues
Mandy

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '12 11:09am PST 
One of my Poms (all of 7 lbs) eats TOTW High Prairie with no issues. It's what the rescue fed so I've kept her on it.

My other Pom had to be switched from what her previous owners fed to something I consider decent over like a month - literally a few kibbles at a time - or she'd get diarrhea.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mandy, Mar 14 11:09 am

Pomeranian > What are your pom's favorite toys?
Mandy

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 10:46am PST 
Neither of my girls is very interested in toys. frown The only ones I've found them with are the Nylabones, and I can occasionally get them interested in the Busy Buddy but I think that's only because it has food inside.

We have a whole crate of toys they won't play with, including the hide-a-squirrel. Makes me a little sad as my last dogs liked toys.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nicky, Mar 14 8:16 pm

Pomeranian > i'm shedding like crazy!

Mandy

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '12 10:41am PST 
My cleaning company hates me right now. Two Poms blowing coat - it looks like a cotton ball factory has exploded in my house.

Lola's almost done but Mandy is just starting, and of course Mandy has the thicker coat.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mandy, Mar 12 10:41 am

Food & Nutrition > Taste of the Wild

Mandy

Barked: Tue Feb 28, '12 12:42pm PST 
We feed TOTW High Prairie. We tried samples of the other TOTW flavors but they kind of just picked at them so we've stayed with the proven winner. I do add in a spoonful of Weruva to help moisten it (one dog only has a few teeth so she's swallowing it whole). They have shiny full coats and small firm poops.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sandy Baby ♥, Feb 29 6:34 pm

Pomeranian > Tags are too big?

Mandy

Barked: Tue Feb 28, '12 12:32pm PST 
Mine go nude too because the tags pretty much drag on the ground. I also don't like what it does to their coats.

Instead I put the tags on their harnesses where the leash attaches.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mandy, Feb 28 12:32 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good Training Treats?
Mandy

Barked: Tue Feb 14, '12 1:27pm PST 
I wanted something smaller than the Zukes too, so I found Real Meat treats (that's the name of the company). I chose the venison ones and Mandy went nuts for them. They're soft and easy to break into little pieces for training.

The Cloud Star soft & chewy buddies are easy to break apart in one hand as well.
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Frankie, Feb 20 5:28 pm

Pomeranian > New pom owner - so smitten!

Mandy

Barked: Thu Jan 12, '12 1:41pm PST 
Oh, so cute!

I have 2 rescue Poms and neither one is interested in toys. It's taken some time but I've found a few that they like and will occasionally chew on but I'm pretty sure fetching is not in either of their futures. cry Mandy's just lazy and Lola is still shy about things getting tossed around.

And yeah, I have a sniffer & a runner. Makes walks more difficult but amusing.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pidgeon, Jan 13 2:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Help, my dog is scared of my husband.

Mandy

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 10:06am PST 
I actually used a behaviorist for a very similar situation with our new rescue. The training we got was for the husband to become the the Giver of Yummy Things. He would sit on the couch with her loose in the room, and casually toss a few treats her way while ignoring her. Once she figured out where the treats were coming from, she'd watch him and he'd move the treats closer and closer. We'd do this a couple times a day for about 20 minutes (itty bitty treats, BTW - didn't want to overfeed her since she's small). Within a week she was eating the treats out of his hand and will sit on the couch with them and accept petting. He still gives her treats every so often so she remembers goodies come from both us.

She still barks when he comes into a room, but at least she has stopped hiding from him.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mandy, Jan 5 10:06 am

Pomeranian > Pom Names??

Mandy

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 10:00am PST 
Mandy was already named when we adopted her at the shelter, so we kept it as she definitely knows her name.

Our other Pom we adopted long distance - Nebraska to Virginia. She didn't respond to the name the rescue group had given her so we opted to rename. My husband has a thing for Barry Manilow songs... and now she's Lola. laugh out loud
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kyah, May 24 8:05 pm

Dogs & Travel > Taking dog on 5 hr car ride?
Mandy

Barked: Wed Nov 23, '11 10:19am PST 
We all do the DC-Philly drive every weekend and the pups do pretty well. It's only 3 hours so unless traffic is really bad we don't even both stopping since they just curl up and sleep.

Mandy occasionally gets carsick so we limit her food that morning and invested in a waterproof seat cover for the backseat that also covers the floor.
[notify]
» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ryker, Nov 25 2:02 pm

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.