Postings by Nukka

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Dog Health > "Old Dog" Vestibular disease..HELP!!
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Tue Oct 2, '12 11:01am PST 
The snoring may be related to her head positioning- like a partially obstructed airway. Worse when she is sleeping because she is relaxed... Just a thought.
[notify]
» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 7 5:41 pm

Behavior & Training > I am so Proud!!
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Wed Sep 26, '12 1:09pm PST 
Nukka was outside playing last evening. Of course, we were out with her, but she was off lead. She saw a raccoon, barked once and took off running toward it. I yelled, "Nukka, LEAVE IT!!". She stopped dead in her tracks, turned right around and came back. Maybe she really does listen!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rocky *CGC* With the angels., Sep 28 2:27 am

Behavior & Training > "Hack" your dog's brain!

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 6:57am PST 
It's MAGIC!!!

Geez... and to think we all spent so much time training our dogs when we could have just "shake trained" them!!

silenced
[notify]
» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by MIKA&KAI, Sep 17 9:52 pm

Dog Health > Bianca had emergency splenectomy/mass removal last night...

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Fri Aug 31, '12 11:39am PST 
Glad to hear Bianca is coming home!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 40 posts. Last posting by Yoshi, Sep 8 6:23 pm

Puppy Place > Introducing Allie! (And the not-so-good news)

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Thu Aug 30, '12 8:48am PST 
Lucky for Allie that you caught it early!! Parvo is treatable... and many pups recover from it, especially when caught early. As everyone else has said, keep her hydrated, and the virus will have to run its course. It is hard, but she is a lucky girl to have you looking out for her.
[notify]
» There has since been 25 posts. Last posting by Pepper, Sep 28 8:31 pm

Dog Health > Lyme treatment--I'm honestly scared...
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '12 5:44am PST 
I sure hope Nix is OK through all of this. Lyme disease is a scary thing for sure. I think you handled it OK, including waiting on the Advantix... No actual data to support it, but I would think that giving it immediately after a medicated bath (especially one that you feel he was reacting to) might not have been a good move. Having him treated early (and I too would go for a 6-8 wk course of Doxycycline at a minimum) is the best way to go.

Feel better, Nix!
[notify]
» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe, Aug 29 10:34 am

Raw Food Diet > Just switched to raw and now noticed missing tooth

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Wed Aug 22, '12 1:54pm PST 
Just my opinion, I am certainly no expert, but I think the tooth loss/raw feeding are coincidental. Typically, the front teeth are used for ripping and tearing the meat from the bone, and the back teeth are used for crunching the bones, at least at my house. Now, I would imagine that, given that Nikki is a yorkie, and yorkies are prone to early tooth loss, the ripping of the meat could have contributed to it, but I would venture a guess that playing tug with your other pup is at least a contributing factor, if not a major factor, in the case of the missing tooth.
[notify]
» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Nikki, Aug 28 3:32 am

Senior Dogs > Am I wrong?

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '12 9:26am PST 
Sabi, I agree with you 100%. She isn't in any pain, her quality of life is still good, her appetite is good. She is still a happy dog, albeit a happy OLD dog. You will know when it is too much for her.

I have a cat that is OLD... she was a stray, and she adopted us over 17 years ago... According to this woman, I should have her PTS too... even though she is still running, jumping, eating well... although she is senile...
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Gizmo, Aug 6 1:16 pm

Puppy Place > Heartbroken

Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 2:44pm PST 
Make sure you call the pound, any local rescue groups and the police dept.
[notify]
» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by , Jul 14 8:04 pm

Puppy Place > Introducing Natalie
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Thu Jul 12, '12 10:29am PST 
Hi Natalie! So glad you are willing to work with her and give her a chance. A good friend of mine has an OES that is deaf. They didn't know it when they got him (byb), but they sure figured it out in a hurry! He is a smart, smart boy and does great with hand signals, once you can get his attention. It takes some work and some imagination, but it is very worth it!!!
[notify]
» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Natalie, Jul 19 8:45 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.