Postings by Daisy Baby

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Food & Nutrition > Best puppy foods?
Daisy Baby

Daddy's Spoiled- Little Girl!

Barked: Wed Aug 29, '12 3:46pm PST 
canidae is now made by their own manufacturing plants. They started shortly after the diamond recall. I use Dr. Tim's food. I get it on Petflow for very affordable and it only takes about two days to get with free shipping. hey now have a grain free. We just started on this food and took all of our dogs off vet food and they have done amazing with it. I like the food too because I can actually talk to the owner and developer of the food(via facebook). He has been very forthcoming and is a Vet himself. I did call Canidae awhile back and they did confirm that they are now manufacturing their own, she gave me a date that they did but I just can't remember.
[notify]
» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Flicka ~ CGC, Jul 25 10:02 pm

Dog Health > Yorkie with collapsed trachea
Daisy Baby

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 2:25pm PST 
I just posted on another thread for collapsed trachea so I will copy and paste what I said there

All three of our dogs have collapsed trachea's. Two of them are minor and one is medium. When I asked our vet if we needed surgery she said it is going to get worse before it gets better but they would treat the symptoms. She said the sugery is a 25 percent chance it will help. I did ask another vet who's statistics were right along with hers. I would get a second opion before I went ahead with the surgery. It is very expensive and results are not guarenteed.

Personally I wouldn't want to chance the surgery. I would make the dog as comfortable as possible and treat the symptoms. That's my view though. Hope this helps and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mr. Blue, Aug 1 2:37 pm

Dog Health > Collapsed Trachea

Daisy Baby

Barked: Wed Aug 1, '12 2:22pm PST 
All three of our dogs have collapsed trachea's. Two of them are minor and one is medium. When I asked our vet if we needed surgery she said it is going to get worse before it gets better but they would treat the symptoms. She said the sugery is a 25 percent chance it will help. I did ask another vet who's statistics were right along with hers. I would get a second opion before I went ahead with the surgery. It is very expensive and results are not guarenteed. Good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dillinger Bear Nalevanko, Aug 2 12:32 am

Dog Health > Chihuahua losing control of back legs

Daisy Baby

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 7:14pm PST 
Oh and my vet said that little dogs have a high pain threshold so most likely you wont know that they are in pain. We got her on Rimadal for the pain and just the pain killer has helped alot. She is able to walk more and don't stay in bed all day.
[notify]
» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Daisy Baby, Jul 18 7:14 pm

Dog Health > Chihuahua losing control of back legs

Daisy Baby

Barked: Wed Jul 18, '12 7:11pm PST 
What about a luxating patella (sp?) my Daisy baby has one and is scheduled for surgery in a couple of weeks. It has a high rate of it happening to small dogs under 20 pounds. Daisy has it worse in her left leg but her right one is bad as well. They are doing both sides at the same time. Crossing fingers it isn't this as its about 2800.00 to fix. But the symptoms sound exactly like it. Hope this helps and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Daisy Baby, Jul 18 7:14 pm

Food & Nutrition > blue buffalo being bought by purina
Daisy Baby

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 3:12pm PST 
She is pretty high up there and works very close to the ceo's. I am sure I was not suppost to say anything but the time line she gave me was by summer of 2013. They can deny it all they want, same as what happend to EVO they denied it until it was on the news. It's in the works though...
[notify]
» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Josephine , Jun 25 8:36 am

Dog Health > Good or bad decission?

Daisy Baby

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:40am PST 
You did the right thing...don't let your friend make you second guess YOUR choice...you are doing the best you can for your dog. I seen your other post about what food to feed, what about anything canned. Try a puppy food as it has more calories and usally isn't rejected as often. Hope this helps and good luck.
[notify]
» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Scooter, PAWS , Jun 25 4:53 am

Daisy Baby

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 9:37am PST 
I know how sad this is...I have seen a few comments on blue's facebook page that also say that purina is buying them out...sad, but really shows that the company is only out for the money. sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
[notify]
» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Josephine , Jun 25 8:36 am

Daisy Baby

Barked: Tue Jun 19, '12 12:14am PST 
I have a friend who works at purina and they are in the final stages of selling blue buffalo to purina. Just an fyi..not sure i was to post this but you guys need to know...
[notify]
» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Josephine , Jun 25 8:36 am

Dog Health > Patellar Luxation - Surgery or no surgery?
Daisy Baby

Barked: Sun Jun 17, '12 5:17pm PST 
We have decided to do the surgery now. It't not getting any better and her knee keeps giving out. I have a consult with the ortho at the University Of Oregon (go ducks) next week so we can schedule surgery for that week or the next. I can see its hurting her and between all the vets who don't know if I should get surgery or not I figured they would be the best. I talked to the director of the hospital who is in charge of the ortho and he said now is the best time to get the surgery. They have a discounted rate as well so I think it will all work itself out. She will need to stay overnight at the University vet hospital so we will end up having to stay overnight in Eugene as well as its a 3.5 hour drive one way. But the vet care is amazing and I would want only the best for her. They will also x-ray her other knee as well to make sure she don't have it in her right leg. So far I have asked the other vets and they said no but at this point I don't think I trust them to give me those answers. If she even has a slight one they will do both knees at the same time and only charge 200 more, not bad at all. Thanks everyone for your help and answers...
[notify]
» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jul 30 2:07 pm

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.